They've hinted at a high end, maybe larger device later this year. Honestly this phone is great! I just want it to be successful so the future devices actually get built and the PKB lives on.
    This x100, they could have released a high spec phone but it would barley have sold especially to the enterprise customers. They device bought in bulk heavily discounted will see to the enterprises and BlackBerry die hearts. It's looks will even have a small amount of new customers trying it out.

It's success is key to future products from tcl/bb.
    05-03-17 08:32 PM
    BTW is it me or everyone has most of their RAM full.
    Mine just states 190 MB free on average in the last 3 hours.

Wondering what's filling it up.
    Is this screenshot for the PRIV or KeyOne?
    05-03-17 08:50 PM
    Actually a lot of flagship devices have auto-restart feature that can be schedules overnight. Even iOS does it. So it's not just my phone. I haven't even installed many apps for that matter.

Low available RAM means the apps will be reloaded. Since restarting, I have already seen big improvement.
    Nope, I got an iPhone and it hasn't been rebooted for over a month. iPad, probably two months... they are used at least extensively. Never used any ram booster, never forced closed any apps since i purchased the device (i have like 50 "opened app).

The thing is that when you have apps that you regularly use in RAM, it helps improve speed and prolonge battery life. Accessing an app from RAM is quicker than from flash.

Android has a built in "garbage collection" whereas when ram is full, it will overwrite it. But it will keep ram at max usage so the device remain optimal.

There is a lot of literature on the web about how Android handle RAM, i suggest you to read some
    ajwan likes this.
    05-03-17 09:01 PM
    Nope, I got an iPhone and it hasn't been rebooted for over a month. iPad, probably two months... they are used at least extensively. Never used any ram booster, never forced closed any apps since i purchased the device (i have like 50 "opened app).

The thing is that when you have apps that you regularly use in RAM, it helps improve speed and prolonge battery life. Accessing an app from RAM is quicker than from flash.

Android has a built in "garbage collection" whereas when ram is full, it will overwrite it. But it will keep ram at max usage so the device remain optimal.

There is a lot of literature on the web about how Android handle RAM, i suggest you to read some
    I've got an iPhone 7 Plus myself, although it doesn't reboot (or let's say we don't notice it) but does fall to redrawing of apps after a few days.

I read an article how iOS quietly does the rebooting or crash recover to clear RAM.

Yes I understand how the gc works on Android but looks like the core does depends on the implementation by each vendors implement.

There were minimal redrawing issues on Nexus devices, even with low end processes. 625 is light years ahead of those.
    05-03-17 09:35 PM
    Is this screenshot for the PRIV or KeyOne?
    That's KeyOne
    05-03-17 09:35 PM
    That's KeyOne
    Thanks for confirming.

I ask because I'm currently on the PRIV and I see this all the time. Trying to figure out if my sluggish device is partially due to inadequate RAM.
    05-03-17 10:13 PM
    Actually a lot of flagship devices have auto-restart feature that can be schedules overnight. Even iOS does it. So it's not just my phone. I haven't even installed many apps for that matter.

Low available RAM means the apps will be reloaded. Since restarting, I have already seen big improvement.
    Don't see any problem with this either. I clear cache when it gets over 1GB the usually 32 second reboot after that. Maybe once a week or so?

Haven't had any battery issues doing this.
    05-03-17 11:22 PM
    So the apps do reload while multitasking? Thought it was an android issue. It was annoying that every time I switched apps that they were restarting even though I never closed them.
    Has anyone else these problems with keyone or was it just an exception because there were to many apps running in the background?

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    05-03-17 11:44 PM
    So the apps do reload while multitasking? Thought it was an android issue. It was annoying that every time I switched apps that they were restarting even though I never closed them.
    Has anyone else these problems with keyone or was it just an exception because there were to many apps running in the background?

It's an Android issue but does not happen on a lot phones. It depends on each phone's specifications as well but not fully. Samsung for something had top notch phones but they were really bad with more than 4 or 5 apps before redrawing.

KeyOne does tend to redraw. I haven't tested how many apps before it happens. What bothers me is once it happens, it's so random that every second app you switch to redraws.

Reboot fixes it and since my reboot in the morning, the performance has been pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind rebooting first thing in the morning, when I unplug my phone.

Samsung does offer out of box restart scheduler that you can set to take place overnight. So you can say it's an Android issue however phones like Pixel, OnePlus 3T, its not a problem.
    05-04-17 01:18 AM
    Last time I had this issue was on android 5 on my Yotaphone 2. Too bad, I thought they would fix it by now with android 7

05-04-17 01:24 AM
    Last time I had this issue was on android 5 on my Yotaphone 2. Too bad, I thought they would fix it by now with android 7

It's probably BlackBerry problem. They can improve it.
    05-04-17 02:30 AM
    snapdragon 625 is snappy but snapdragon 821 is much more snappy than 625. Even Kirin 950,960 chips are much faster than 625 but 625 wins the battery consumption level. If you play game a lot, snapdragon 625 is probably not the best chipset. Snapdragon 625 is excellent choice but I wish blackberry keyone had option to choose higher end chipset.
    05-04-17 02:45 AM
    snapdragon 625 is snappy but snapdragon 821 is much more snappy than 625. Even Kirin 950,960 chips are much faster than 625 but 625 wins the battery consumption level. If you play game a lot, snapdragon 625 is probably not the best chipset. Snapdragon 625 is excellent choice but I wish blackberry keyone had option to choose higher end chipset.
    It will be great for productivity task and for the battery life..... but even CBK wished they had done a PRO version of the KEYone with little more hardware power, and future proofing. But he and I think most are just thrilled to see a "solid" PKB option being offered.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-04-17 07:22 AM
    I've got an iPhone 7 Plus myself, although it doesn't reboot (or let's say we don't notice it) but does fall to redrawing of apps after a few days.

I read an article how iOS quietly does the rebooting or crash recover to clear RAM.

Yes I understand how the gc works on Android but looks like the core does depends on the implementation by each vendors implement.

There were minimal redrawing issues on Nexus devices, even with low end processes. 625 is light years ahead of those.
    Install an app called "status lite" and you'll be surprised how long it goes without a reboot.

iOS treats RAM differently that Android, that's why it needs less RAM

Here's an interesting article. Not that it also states that an OS that is using RAM optimally will have zero RAM free.

https://www.androidpit.com/android-v...ram-management
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-04-17 09:07 AM
    For $200 more, I think one would expect that. K1 is a midrange phone and those really aren't apples to apples comparisons. K1 is going to sell for the pkb for the most part anyway, IMO.
    The problem then is you won't have 2 days of battery. You can get what you are asking now. Smasung s8 with the snap on keyboard. PRobably 300 more but still.
    05-04-17 09:21 AM
    Install an app called "status lite" and you'll be surprised how long it goes without a reboot.

iOS treats RAM differently that Android, that's why it needs less RAM

Here's an interesting article. Not that it also states that an OS that is using RAM optimally will have zero RAM free.

https://www.androidpit.com/android-v...ram-management
    Where is status lite? GPS search yields a ton of crap. Do you have a direct link?
    05-04-17 09:22 AM
    Sad to see RAM issues already and poor performance from reviewers. This is the ONLY downside of the Priv. It seems BB just can't master the optimization that other brands can.
    05-04-17 09:25 AM
    Congrats! Did you get the UK version?

Edit didn't read the op lol,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lmao
    05-04-17 09:56 AM
    The problem then is you won't have 2 days of battery. You can get what you are asking now. Smasung s8 with the snap on keyboard. PRobably 300 more but still.
    Battery life on an S8+ is a disaster!! Google Pixel XL or K1 are on par. Slight advantage for the K1.
    antonrr likes this.
    05-04-17 10:10 AM
    Fast is not a word most of the reviewers are using.....

I expect most BB10 users will notice improvements as they have been stuck on rather old hardware. KEYone will get the job done, but it's not a Flagship phone, so Flagship performance shouldn't be expected.
    05-04-17 10:40 AM
    RAM management in Android is probably worse than memory management in Flash so no need to wonder where your RAM has left, it leaked like a waterfall.

There are laptops that handle Windows with all its Win32 apps just fine with only 4GB of RAM
    05-04-17 11:28 AM
    RAM management in Android is probably worse than memory management in Flash so no need to wonder where your RAM has left, it leaked like a waterfall.

There are laptops that handle Windows with all its Win32 apps just fine with only 4GB of RAM
    I have a Windows 10 Tablet with 1GB of RAM.... not all that speedy, but it shocked me.

Windows and Android are different beast... Android uses up the RAM, and releases it as apps need it. Windows just expects you'll need RAM for other programs.
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-04-17 12:00 PM
    Seems like we need to do restart daily to get the most out of it.
    Umm, no. You shouldn't have to restart daily to 'get the most out of it' lol. Android is designed to compensate and maximize memory usage while it's running. You can free up some memory by clearing your recents, but by doing so it causes those frequently used apps to take a little longer to load. A weekly restart is fine, if you want.
    05-04-17 04:02 PM
    There is no such thing as a "futureproof" phone in today's world.

The reality of it is that the spectrum adds make this impossible. For example, they just auctioned a bunch of 600Mhz spectrum in the US. There are zero devices that have radios in them which can access any of that at the present time. In the next 2-3 years that spectrum will be deployed and active.

Then what?

You buy a new phone or you deal with the inferior service your older one now has.

And if you think THAT'S bad, wait until 5g starts deploying. Same problem -- again.
    05-04-17 04:05 PM
    Sad to see RAM issues already and poor performance from reviewers. This is the ONLY downside of the Priv. It seems BB just can't master the optimization that other brands can.
    It is disappointing tbh. But I suppose I'm so used to it on my Priv that it probably won't bother me. At least the battery life is supposedly better.
    05-04-17 04:36 PM
126 1234 ...