This thing is blazing fast. Kills my Priv and the battery is impossible to kill. Four hours customising today and it's still alive and well and didn't lag once. Even SnapChat is flawless unlike the Priv.

And I should mention I'm using the Europe version on AT&T.

The 625 and the massive battery are amazing. Well done BlackBerry Mobile / TCL!
    05-02-17 11:30 PM
    Congrats! Did you get the UK version?

Edit didn't read the op lol,
    antonrr likes this.
    05-02-17 11:32 PM
    Exactly how fast it is? Can you make a video?
    05-03-17 12:31 AM
    Yours is the comment that has given me "Happiness"! I'm actually going to be trading up from a PRIV.... As I type this, my phone is heating up to the levels of a frying pan again and lagging (as usual) while I type into this forum in Chrome! So from your comment, the heat-ups and OS/Chrome/HUB use lags are gone?!

This is amazing if so!!

Another question, how many apps do you have installed (I have around 160 as per my last update optimization)?? And how fast is the ongoing use of Chrome browser??

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by willyq711; 05-03-17 at 06:30 AM.
    05-03-17 12:31 AM
    One more thing if I may.... Another HUGE performance issue I have on the PRIV is the use of sharing from one app to another. I literally can make an espresso and drink the darn thing while lagging through the share process of just about any app, especially when doing so with graphics or to/from the HUB??
    mithrazor likes this.
    05-03-17 12:34 AM
    This is very good news! Albeit it's still relatively new at this point.. =)

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 12:46 AM
    Compared to a Pixel or S8 it is pretty slow and hangs sometimes. Especially when changing programs over the task manager, scrolling and so on.
    That doesn't make it a bad phone but it is not up to speed to other devices. Lots of things to love about on that phone.
    And yes I own all devices myself. So this is first hand experience.
    pooyam and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    05-03-17 03:20 PM
    Compared to a Pixel or S8 it is pretty slow and hangs sometimes. Especially when changing programs over the task manager, scrolling and so on.
    That doesn't make it a bad phone but it is not up to speed to other devices. Lots of things to love about on that phone.
    For $200 more, I think one would expect that. K1 is a midrange phone and those really aren't apples to apples comparisons. K1 is going to sell for the pkb for the most part anyway, IMO.
    SDTRMG and paperbackpiles like this.
    05-03-17 03:45 PM
    This thing is blazing fast. Kills my Priv and the battery is impossible to kill. Four hours customising today and it's still alive and well and didn't lag once. Even SnapChat is flawless unlike the Priv.

And I should mention I'm using the Europe version on AT&T.

The 625 and the massive battery are amazing. Well done BlackBerry Mobile / TCL!
    Good to hear about the comparison to Priv and also with Snapchat!

I know it's no 821/835 but the performance seems more than adequate.
    05-03-17 04:14 PM
    Sigh. Would have paid $200 more for a futureproof device. Bleeding edge specs are important when you think about the longevity of a device.

Here's hoping TCL makes another keyboard BlackBerry next year.
    05-03-17 06:01 PM
    Exactly and that's probably the worst part of the phone. I guess the trade off using a battery efficient process over high performance one is there.

The RAM management gets a hit and then most of the apps reload when you switch unfortunately.
    05-03-17 06:19 PM
    They've hinted at a high end, maybe larger device later this year. Honestly this phone is great! I just want it to be successful so the future devices actually get built and the PKB lives on.
    05-03-17 06:25 PM
    BTW is it me or everyone has most of their RAM full.
    Mine just states 190 MB free on average in the last 3 hours.

Wondering what's filling it up.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone is VERY fast.-5745.jpg  
    05-03-17 06:51 PM
    How fast is it compared to the Classic? - now that's a slow phone! I love everything about the classic except for the molasses speed when doing a search or moving from one area to another.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 07:01 PM

You have 78 apps running?!? Enable developer mode and see what's running. You might want to disable some permissions for apps that are hogging memory.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-03-17 07:02 PM
    You have 78 apps running?!? Enable developer mode and see what's running. You might want to disable some permissions for apps that are hogging memory.
    How many does it show on yours? I just did a restart, the things have improved dramatically. I'll keep an eye on it.
    I don't have many apps. Just the ones I use.
    05-03-17 07:05 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Man.. can't wait to get..

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 07:20 PM
    How many does it show on yours? I just did a restart, the things have improved dramatically. I'll keep an eye on it.
    I don't have many apps. Just the ones I use.
    Settings>About>Build Number. Tap on Build Number over and over until Developer Services is activated. Then look in Developer Options , check Running Apps. I currently have 12 running.
    05-03-17 07:25 PM
    Settings>About>Build Number. Tap on Build Number over and over until Developer Services is activated. Then look in Developer Options , check Running Apps. I currently have 12 running.
    Yes I have enabled it however I have around 24 running (ie not in Cache). Out of which, three are mine and rest are all either BlackBerry or system ones.

My own ones include Whatsapp, Instagram, UC Browser and Snapchat.

BTW restart now shows 860 MB free now. Seems like we need to do restart daily to get the most out of it.
    05-03-17 07:31 PM
    I empty the cache and restart at least once a week out of habit. Good to hear you have some memory restored. Keep an eye on things! God bless and I hope to have mine soon.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-03-17 07:37 PM

Android is designed to always fill up to 80 to 90% of RAM
    Shao128, steiale and footnote like this.
    05-03-17 07:46 PM
    Android is designed to always fill up to 80 to 90% of RAM
    I can understand that however if you look at other phones, the RAM manager is pretty sweet. Look at One Plus 3T for example. Yes the performance of the CPU can cause slower starts, however RAM manager is a separate issue.

3GB RAM isn't less, hopefully BlackBerry can improve it later. Till then we need to reboot every now and then it seems.
    05-03-17 07:56 PM
    Sigh. Would have paid $200 more for a futureproof device. Bleeding edge specs are important when you think about the longevity of a device.

Here's hoping TCL makes another keyboard BlackBerry next year.
    Longevity? Most users keep their phone for two years.

Posted via CB10
    Ingear likes this.
    05-03-17 07:58 PM
    Yes I have enabled it however I have around 24 running (ie not in Cache). Out of which, three are mine and rest are all either BlackBerry or system ones.

My own ones include Whatsapp, Instagram, UC Browser and Snapchat.

BTW restart now shows 860 MB free now. Seems like we need to do restart daily to get the most out of it.
    Why would you restart daily to clear RAM? That's just inefficient and forcing the phone to spend more battery. It's not BBOS!

Just find out what have be hogging your system ressource, maybe an badly designed app is running in background. But high RAM usage doesn't mean anything by itself. RAM usage is actually to help save battery life when you multitask
    05-03-17 08:23 PM
    Why would you restart daily to clear RAM? That's just inefficient and forcing the phone to spend more battery. It's not BBOS!

Just find out what have be hogging your system ressource, maybe an badly designed app is running in background. But high RAM usage doesn't mean anything by itself. RAM usage is actually to help save battery life when you multitask
    Actually a lot of flagship devices have auto-restart feature that can be schedules overnight. Even iOS does it. So it's not just my phone. I haven't even installed many apps for that matter.

Low available RAM means the apps will be reloaded. Since restarting, I have already seen big improvement.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-03-17 08:30 PM
126 123 ...