I am looking to buy a KEYone. There are a load of BBB100-3 available. However they all say Sprint/Boost only. On the website BBB100-3 says it will work on Verizon. What else do I need to know?
    06-11-18 11:20 AM
    Amazon has the CDMA version that you need on sale for $400 https://crackberry.com/type-away-day...eyone-just-400
    06-11-18 11:59 AM
    So does Best Buy. It's $349.99 at this time.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-18 12:32 PM
    There are some used ones on ebay. I have been using blackberry since 2003 and I don't want to change but my Priv has seen better days and I just can't afford those prices at the current moment. Or else I would have bought the KEYone and would be on my way to the KEY²
    06-11-18 01:27 PM
    So does Best Buy. It's $349.99 at this time.
    Isn't that price only when you activate it?
    06-12-18 07:39 PM
    Isn't that price only when you activate it?
    Yes.
    06-12-18 07:58 PM
    Just received unlocked BBB100-1 from Best Buy today. Attempted to load a Verizon prepaid SIM and it would NOT activate - a couple calls and long waits to Verizon, they say the Keyone is NOT supported by Verizon. I gave them the IMEI. Either this is not a universal unlocked phone, or Verizon reps don't know what they're talking about. Going to call Best Buy tomorrow and will update this post if I find out anything new.
    06-13-18 09:06 PM
    Just received unlocked BBB100-1 from Best Buy today. Attempted to load a Verizon prepaid SIM and it would NOT activate - a couple calls and long waits to Verizon, they say the Keyone is NOT supported by Verizon. I gave them the IMEI. Either this is not a universal unlocked phone, or Verizon reps don't know what they're talking about. Going to call Best Buy tomorrow and will update this post if I find out anything new.
    It has to be a BBB100-3 Keyone. Today I went into a Verizon store and asked if a sprint phone would work on the Verizon network. They said It should work fine, which phone? I said Blackberry Keyone . . . They chuckled and asked why do I want a Blackberry. He asked someone else if Blackberry Keyone even works on the network. One employee said some do. I said it's fine the Keyone CDMA is Verizon compatible. He said as long as there is no owed money on the account that the phone is linked to it will work. So, then why do they have to sell two different CDMA phones? He said Sprint doesn't use the same firmware that Verizon uses. I said that would be a software update from the respected companies and have nothing to do with the hardware. So I am going to ask at the minimum five Verizon stores to see what the most consistent story is. Because if I can use the Sprint CDMA phone on Verizon then damn I'll save myself another 200 bones.
    06-13-18 09:26 PM
    As the second post points out, the "Verizon" model is BBB100-3. Do NOT settle for that other version.

But I will also say that the reps you spoke with are wrong. Verizon does support the BBB100-3. I have one and it works fine. And they know I have it as it shows on my account.
    06-13-18 09:36 PM
    FF22, I'm considering another carrier - curious if you meant not to settle for the BBB100-1 version in general, or just for Verizon? I realize now it must not be CDMA optimized but I'm thinking about T-Mobile or AT&T.
    06-14-18 04:22 PM
    FF22, I'm considering another carrier - curious if you meant not to settle for the BBB100-1 version in general, or just for Verizon? I realize now it must not be CDMA optimized but I'm thinking about T-Mobile or AT&T.
    I too bought the unlocked -3 variant (not the Sprint version) as it is CDMA optimized and is also whitelisted by VZW to work on their network. Got it on sale from Amazon. Works great on VZW with no issues. Great reception (I live in a fringe area) and a problem free activation.

One thing I've noticed on this forum and some others is that it appears that the complaint of reception issues is mainly associated with -1 and -2 variants, not -3s.
    I don't know if it's phone or network related (GSM vs CDMA).

For AT&T or other GSM networks I would not get the -3.
    tre730 likes this.
    06-14-18 10:45 PM
    Only speaking about Verizon version. Stick to the version designed to work on Verizon if you have Verizon as your carrier.

I can't really comment on the other versions but AT&T locks out features if you don't buy from them (or their official version). Sprint also has a unique version.
    tre730 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-14-18 11:58 PM
    Thank you both for clarifying! I did decide to go with Verizon so returned the BBB100-1 (reluctantly, because I was so happy to finally have a Keyone in my little hands) - but Verizon is best carrier in my area so I've got a "3" on order.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-15-18 05:29 PM
    Sprint's version is: BBB-100-3V2. What is the Verizon version?
    06-16-18 12:26 PM
    Where do you find Version type or number? I only see the BBB-100-3.
    06-16-18 01:37 PM
    it's in the about phone section...under "SW version" ...leads me to believe that theoretically they could work on either network but I could be wrong
    06-16-18 02:15 PM
    it's in the about phone section...under "SW version" ...leads me to believe that theoretically they could work on either network but I could be wrong
    I have the Verizon, cdma. I may still be looking in the wrong place. I don't have a "SW version." Android Version, Baseband Version. Kernel Version. And tapping all of the options on that screen does not bring up that "sub-info."
    06-16-18 03:53 PM
    Verizon is BBB100-3v2 as well. This is the problem we all are having trouble trying to figure out.
    06-16-18 10:44 PM
    I was told by a VZW tech when I was questioning the compatibility of the unlocked 100-3 that the unlocked -3 actually has some firmware that is compatible with VZW and why they whitelisted it. He said the Sprint version's firmware would prevent some features from being usable on the VZW network. Take that FWIW
    FF22 and Zukadomis like this.
    06-17-18 10:07 PM
    I was told by a VZW tech when I was questioning the compatibility of the unlocked 100-3 that the unlocked -3 actually has some firmware that is compatible with VZW and why they whitelisted it. He said the Sprint version's firmware would prevent some features from being usable on the VZW network. Take that FWIW
    Just wish they could tell us what wouldnt work.
    06-18-18 01:14 PM