I have been a Verizon customer for years and have only used BlackBerry smartphones. They no longer sell BlackBerry but told me if I bought one elsewhere that I could use it on the Verizon network "as long as it's a 4G". I'm not at all tech savvy so can anyone if this is accurate? Thinking of purchasing the Key One (I live in the US). Also, is the Key One Android as far as OS? Thinking about compatibility with apps these days.
    11-24-18 05:14 PM
    Hi Alison. You need to get a phone that is CDMA compatible. This type will work on the Verizon network. If you look on Amazon or Best Buy, that's what you need to look for to ensure it works with Verizon. I am also a Verizon customer and have the KeyOne. Eventually they are switching their gear over from CDMA, but right now that is what they use.
    11-25-18 12:55 PM
    The KeyOne is powered by Android. The unfortunate thing is that the KeyOne is still on Nougat whereas other Android phones are on Oreo. But my KeyOne works nicely and has all the Android / Google Play store apps.
    11-25-18 12:55 PM
    I have been a Verizon customer for years and have only used BlackBerry smartphones. They no longer sell BlackBerry but told me if I bought one elsewhere that I could use it on the Verizon network "as long as it's a 4G". I'm not at all tech savvy so can anyone if this is accurate? Thinking of purchasing the Key One (I live in the US). Also, is the Key One Android as far as OS? Thinking about compatibility with apps these days.
    Get the KEY² LE. It is whitelisted for Verizon BYOD. It doesn't have/use CDMA for calls & texts, it uses VoLTE.
    11-25-18 01:34 PM
    Get the KEY² LE. It is whitelisted for Verizon BYOD. It doesn't have/use CDMA for calls & texts, it uses VoLTE.
    And it will be upgraded to Android 9 (Pie) eventually
    11-25-18 04:53 PM
    I love having my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and have been using Verizon since 99 and BB since 03. I was rocking the PRIV until I heard the KEY² would not work I finally bought a KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I love this phone and on Verizon it works incredibly smooth. I also, went with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ because I found a brand new Verizon variant (BBB100-3) for 300$. This was back in July of 2018.

However, like @conite said, Get the KEY² LE. The price is incredible for the phone that has more to offer across the board.

Good luck!
    11-25-18 08:51 PM
    BUT be warned, that the KeyTwo-light edition does not have a capacitive keyboard. The KeyOne's keyboard allows you to swipe on the keyboard to move the cursor (very very helpful for editing) and scrolling around the screen.

With the LE, you will be stuck with editing functions from the dark ages!
    11-26-18 11:40 AM
    BUT be warned, that the KeyTwo-light edition does not have a capacitive keyboard. The KeyOne's keyboard allows you to swipe on the keyboard to move the cursor (very very helpful for editing) and scrolling around the screen.

At least it's not effectively EOL.
    11-26-18 12:07 PM

On top of that, if you live or use your phone in a fringe area as I do, that still doesn't have voLTE coverage you're better off with the Verizon K1. I get 4GLTE in town but once out of the area it drops to 3G and sometimes 1X, but at least I still have voice, whereas our GSM/voLTE visitors are dead in the water, no signal.

I dread the loss of CDMA, at least until there is better coverage for voLTE in rural and mountainous areas.
    11-27-18 07:11 PM
    On top of that, if you live or use your phone in a fringe area as I do, that still doesn't have voLTE coverage you're better off with the Verizon K1. I get 4GLTE in town but once out of the area it drops to 3G and sometimes 1X, but at least I still have voice, whereas our GSM/voLTE visitors are dead in the water, no signal.

I dread the loss of CDMA, at least until there is better coverage for voLTE in rural and mountainous areas.
    Since CDMA is about to drop next month, I guess that's no longer a differentiator.
    portplayer likes this.
    11-27-18 07:42 PM

I don't live in such areas but do travel to them and will definitely miss the coverage if the new "scheme" does not work as well.

We shall see....
    11-28-18 01:51 PM