I'm hoping Verizon will carry KeyOne. Any insider information?
    05-31-17 04:34 PM
    They can't even produce enough to sell unlocked. It will be months before there's a Verizon edition, if there ever is one.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-31-17 04:35 PM
    Anyone hazard a guess when the unlocked CDMAs will ship? That version will work on Verizon (presumably, Verizon customers is the reason it is being made at all). Amazon at least now allows you to order it.
    05-31-17 07:02 PM
    When you order the CDMA version on Amazon it comes up like this:

BlackBerry KEYone Unlocked Smartphone (Verizon) - 32GB - CDMA 4G LTE Android

That seems like some confirmation that it will work fine on Verizon.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:09 PM
    Anyone hazard a guess when the unlocked CDMAs will ship? That version will work on Verizon (presumably, Verizon customers is the reason it is being made at all). Amazon at least now allows you to order it.
    Probably a matter of weeks, not days.
    05-31-17 07:10 PM
    I'd like to buy mine direct from Verizon. I'm just not confident it will happen anytime soon.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    05-31-17 07:21 PM
    Verizon probably said sure we will carry it but we are going to need 30,000 units initially. TCL said we can deliver you 78 units in 2 months. Verizon laughed and said no thanks. And that was the end of the Verizon deal
    05-31-17 09:43 PM
    Well, I guess we can all call Verizon and ask when they are getting the K1, when will it be available. Maybe with sufficient interest they will decide to carry it sooner rather than later???
    phuoc and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 10:33 PM
    Verizon probably said sure we will carry it but we are going to need 30,000 units initially. TCL said we can deliver you 78 units in 2 months. Verizon laughed and said no thanks. And that was the end of the Verizon deal
    Glad to see TCL's production numbers ramping up. Here's hoping for a triple digit 2018.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 11:14 PM
    I just pulled the trigger and bought the CDMA one on Amazon, well at least ordered it. Based on the production numbers of 5 CDMA units actually produced looks like I'm going to be camping out here a while.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 11:35 PM
    Guys, can anyone confirm that an unlocked CDMA KEYone will definitely work on the Verizon network? Any drawbacks to this?
    06-01-17 09:38 AM
    Guys, can anyone confirm that an unlocked CDMA KEYone will definitely work on the Verizon network? Any drawbacks to this?
    We can only go by the word of BB Mobile. They indicated that it would work on Verizon. BUT take that with a grain of salt until real reports roll in saying it does work. Apparently, there are going to be two cdma models - one for Verizon (who has not indicated that they will carry it) and another for Sprint which supposedly will offer it in 'Summer' which remains quite vague.

In addition, from various comments on the forums, there is no cmda model available and some suspect that there never was one at this time. One or two months - possibly.

So, you have to decide what that means in terms of what phone you want/need.

Astoria, OR?
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-01-17 05:35 PM
    Going by history. CDMA phones that are not offered by Verizon take a few weeks to get whitelisted; example some Moto models, Nexus. KeyOne will probably take longer than that as there is no evidence Verizon will be carrying it at all.

What you have to do is already have a Verizon phone and line, then you can simply switch sims. You will sometimes get nag alerts that the phone model is not recognized, you can ignore those. It should work 100% except VLTE/wifi calling, that may come later and will have to wait til whitelisting. If you don't have an existing line you'll have to use a donor Verizon phone to activate your sim or you can go to Verizon store and most reps will know what to do, just tell them you have a CDMA phone model that is not sold by Verizon.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-01-17 07:17 PM
    I don't use Verizon however, when on Amazon, in the subject title itself it reads "(Verizon)", so I think that answers it.
    06-01-17 07:59 PM
    It has been confirmed that even the GSM version being sold in the UK for a month now will work on Verizon. Advanced calling and WiFi calling as well.
    06-01-17 10:04 PM
    It has been confirmed that even the GSM version being sold in the UK for a month now will work on Verizon. Advanced calling and WiFi calling as well.
    Who confirmed it?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-17 10:07 PM
    That could work as long as you don't need to use the older CDMA voice bands and the newer LTE data bands are always available.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-01-17 10:19 PM
    Who confirmed it?
    Can't check my post history from the app. Let me dig up the thread tomorrow and get back to you
    06-01-17 10:28 PM
    Can't check my post history from the app. Let me dig up the thread tomorrow and get back to you
    Ok, thanks.
    06-01-17 10:30 PM

June 20th - July 10th according to my amazon order.
    06-01-17 10:54 PM
    I have the unlocked North American GSM version, popped in a Verizon SIM and it didn't work for me.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-11-17 09:49 PM
    I have the unlocked North American GSM version, popped in a Verizon SIM and it didn't work for me.
    You have to do some things manually, I'll looking at the thread
    06-11-17 09:50 PM
    You have to do some things manually, I'll looking at the thread
    I fooled with the APN settings, no dice but perhaps I'll go back and revisit.
    06-11-17 09:52 PM
    I fooled with the APN settings, no dice but perhaps I'll go back and revisit.
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/bb100-02-working-verizon-1108514/
    06-11-17 09:54 PM
    perhaps they had learned from carrying PRIV to keep it under wraps until it is about to be officially launched. I mean, we sure did let them know how we felt with that one including multiple FCC and FTC complaints.

Anyways, my guess is an August or September release in stores.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-11-17 09:58 PM
35 12