Thanks for sharing the link.
    06-11-17 10:13 PM
    Ok, thanks.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rizon-1108514/
    06-12-17 06:10 AM
    Guys, can anyone confirm that an unlocked CDMA KEYone will definitely work on the Verizon network? Any drawbacks to this?
    There are a couple threads already. Mixed.
    06-12-17 06:26 AM
    Warning. Verizon is going to totally mess with you. They are awful. Got the Keyone from Best Buy today. Previous phone is BB Bold, so no SIM card to change. Brought it to store and they said they were getting error message that it was an unrecognized device. The staff managed a work around to get it working, I think using a serial number of another phone on our family plan, but then told me the network will probably reject it at some point and I will have to deal with it again or I could "upgrade". When i said I will have to come back here? They said they couldn't guarantee they could get it working again.
    Bottom line Verizon is playing games and trying to force phone purchases from them in violation of antitrust laws, but yet doesn't want to sell blackberries. They are the God awful worst of customer service and if I could easily I switch I would but with 4 other CDMA phones on our family plan not so easy. Not sure if I will have a problem but their own staff is predicting I will. Don't know whether to take it back to Best Buy and say, well you say its a Verizon compatible phone but Verizon says not so much or do battle with Verizon. Thoughts of the group. I would think Blackberry/TCL/Best Buy/Amazon all need to take on Verizon who is clearly playing games or sales of the Keyone will be severely affected.
    06-28-17 09:25 PM
    Warning. Verizon is going to totally mess with you. They are awful. Got the Keyone from Best Buy today. Previous phone is BB Bold, so no SIM card to change. Brought it to store and they said they were getting error message that it was an unrecognized device. The staff managed a work around to get it working, I think using a serial number of another phone on our family plan, but then told me the network will probably reject it at some point and I will have to deal with it again or I could "upgrade". When i said I will have to come back here? They said they couldn't guarantee they could get it working again.
    Bottom line Verizon is playing games and trying to force phone purchases from them in violation of antitrust laws, but yet doesn't want to sell blackberries. They are the God awful worst of customer service and if I could easily I switch I would but with 4 other CDMA phones on our family plan not so easy. Not sure if I will have a problem but their own staff is predicting I will. Don't know whether to take it back to Best Buy and say, well you say its a Verizon compatible phone but Verizon says not so much or do battle with Verizon. Thoughts of the group. I would think Blackberry/TCL/Best Buy/Amazon all need to take on Verizon who is clearly playing games or sales of the Keyone will be severely affected.
    Chill. Just your store. They have a byod program and others are using it fine. Just no WiFi calling.
    06-29-17 07:42 AM
    I visited my Verizon store (cypress, ca.) yesterday and they told me that they would not be selling the Keyone. I was advised to buy it from Amazon or Best Buy (CDMA version ) and that it would work on their network.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-17 10:00 AM
    Hope you are correct. My daughter bought her own device, an iphone and it shows up as such on my family account. My phone now shows up as unidentified.
    07-01-17 08:46 AM
    Hope you are correct. My daughter bought her own device, an iphone and it shows up as such on my family account. My phone now shows up as unidentified.
    While her Mom's iPhone shows up as such, both my KEYone and my wife's Priv appear as unidentified, and she bought the Priv at the AT&T store while I bought the KEYone thru Amazon. Both work fine. My guess is they are "unidentified" simply because they are Blackberry.
    07-01-17 09:03 AM
    While her Mom's iPhone shows up as such, both my KEYone and my wife's Priv appear as unidentified, and she bought the Priv at the AT&T store while I bought the KEYone thru Amazon. Both work fine. My guess is they are "unidentified" simply because they are Blackberry.
    Nah I have 2 privs purchased from Verizon on my plan and both show up as privs on my account
    07-01-17 09:15 AM
    They are "unidentified" because Verizon doesn't sell them at all. The same thing happened with my Moto X Pure and Nexus 6p, and now it's happening with my KeyONE. They sell the iPhone (the AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon iPhones are all the same), so it would appear as such. A Verizon Priv would also appear as such, while an AT&T Priv would appear as "unidentified".
    07-01-17 09:25 AM
35 12