I have successfully used my new Keyone as a Mobile Hotspot, but for some reason I cannot get the USB tethering to work with my PC. The Keyone indicates that it is connected via tethering, but the PC does not connect. Suggestions?
    ZTalap likes this.
    07-13-17 04:03 PM
    I have been trying to do the same and my PC doesn't connect as well (using a laptop on Win8.1)
    Anyone knows the solution?
    08-06-17 11:44 PM
    Throwing in my BUMP as well. Has anyone solved this?
    10-19-17 07:19 PM
    Solved it. Doesn't hurt even if I am late, does it?
    So the logic of Blackberry apparently is that in order to connect to the internet using the USB tethering you need an internet connection. Frustrating huh? But that is only for the first time - the PC will search for the driver online, install it and then you are good to go.
    To make it clear, what I did:
    1. Connected the phone to PC using USB cable
    2. Turned USB tethering on
    3. Saw that nothing happened on laptop, opened the Device Manager from PC's Control Panel.
    4. The Device Manager showed an unknown device named CDC NCM
    5. Turned on Mobile Hotspot on the phone (yes they can work simultaneously with USB tethering)
    6. After the PC connected through WIFI to the internet clicked on the unknown device in the Device Manager and started updating the drivers.
    7. Watched the computer finish the process and watched the wireless connection icon change to LAN icon on the PC.

Update: Today I made a fresh install of Win10 (used Win 8.1 before) and the above method did not work. Then I stumbled upon this link in google:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do
    Downloaded the file and installed the Blackberry USB Software.

F*ck I wish they did a giant link on their website leading to this webpage, but no... you cannot even go there from the blackberry site. At least my search for it was unsuccessful.
    Here's another idea - WHY NOT INCLUDE THE DRIVER THE PHONE MEMORY? Who am I kidding... SMH
    Last edited by ZTalap; 01-05-18 at 03:24 AM.
    FF22 and Dave Liao like this.
    12-27-17 12:26 AM
    Is this a keyone problem? Works fine with my PRIV on Windows 10 with no driver issue.
    02-19-18 02:29 PM
    Thanks to @ZTalap's discovery I was able to use USB tethering between a KEYone and a Windows 10 PC! No need to visit BlackBerry's website.
    02-19-18 11:03 PM
    thank you, as easy as it is, i had to find your above solution.. which worked well for w10. btw the link to the bb site is broken. but i did not need it anyway. regards martin
    03-13-18 10:35 AM