Hi all,

I have an unlocked, telus network phone.

when I go to settings, my android security patch is from July 2018? isn't there a new version?

when I hit check for updates, it says I am on Android 8.1.0 and running ABD796

is this current?

Ever since I got the original Oreo update, the phone doesn't seem to be the same, battery depletes a lot faster, the Android Pay stopped working, and my Messages sometimes goes wonky.
    12-12-18 05:11 AM
    Hi all,

I have an unlocked, telus network phone.

when I go to settings, my android security patch is from July 2018? isn't there a new version?

when I hit check for updates, it says I am on Android 8.1.0 and running ABD796

is this current?

Ever since I got the original Oreo update, the phone doesn't seem to be the same, battery depletes a lot faster, the Android Pay stopped working, and my Messages sometimes goes wonky.
    The experts will ask you for your PRD number...to better help
    12-12-18 06:12 AM
    The experts will ask you for your PRD number...to better help

my PRD 63116-039
    12-12-18 07:08 AM
    I had the same experience. I have a different PRD but was told to do a "factory reset" which I dreaded due to having to set up everything again & such. finally a screen pop intervened and I got my phone replaced with very snappy running oreo. I think you may be on track for the reset... back up your notes (use content transfer app ONLY for the notes, or use Google Keep via share for each note). Your homepages will be reset. All Google Play apps will reinstall by themselves. Move ALL your data to the cloud or SD card. Save contacts, SMS, calls as well. Everything will get wiped.
    12-12-18 08:15 AM