Can the support app be sideloaded? I really don't want to upgrade my phone from the April update until the notification bug is fixed.
    08-04-17 03:14 PM
    Can the support app be sideloaded? I really don't want to upgrade my phone from the April update until the notification bug is fixed.
    You don't want it, it doesn't work and keeps notifying you to use it.
    08-04-17 04:00 PM
    So has it been fixed so we are able to send reply email in Support Center yet??
    08-04-17 04:57 PM
    Has the update appeared for models other than the BBB100-1 yet?
    ejtwrx likes this.
    08-04-17 05:00 PM
    You don't want it, it doesn't work and keeps notifying you to use it.
    I think mine works now.. this morning it said my e-warranty is activated! Haven't tried to send in a suggestion/problem yet. but I plan to
    08-04-17 05:28 PM
    Has the update appeared for models other than the BBB100-1 yet?
    Bbb100-2 and nothing yet
    08-04-17 07:45 PM
    Odd though, as I've hooked my KEYᵒⁿᵉ to several vehicles and devices without any issues.
    Same here. No BT issues.
    08-04-17 07:58 PM
    everything works fine on my GSM phone after last night's update.
    08-04-17 08:57 PM
    Yep, still flashing now...
    Mine went through just fine.
    08-04-17 09:15 PM
    What are your issues? I have mine connected to two cars, Ford Sync 2, and Subaru (which is Toyota system I think) and have had no issues. In fact unfortunately I've had two keyone with no issues on either.

I work alot from my car as well so I can understand it would be frustrating.
    My K1 is connected to two late model Lexus vehicles and performing perfectly fine.
    08-04-17 09:24 PM
    Bluetooth issues were fixed with this update. I've made over 50 calls today with out any freezing or restarting the phone while connected to the bluetooth. Feels good to have a functioning phone again.
    specialized888 and dh321 like this.
    08-04-17 09:50 PM
    * The "notifications bug" that a lot of people seem to be complaining about might not be a bug in K1's software, but a function of Android itself called "Doze". I was reading that K9-Mail suffered from being randomly terminated by Android, due to its aggressive battery optimization, which is tied to Doze. The recommended solution is to go to Settings --> Battery --> . . . --> Battery Optimization, then select "All Apps" from the drop-down field, then add any apps that you want to exclude from optimization. This should prevent Android from prematurely closing them and thus allow notifications to continue to work. I am doing this for K9, NWS Now (weather), NetGuard (firewall), and Light Manager Pro. Note: not all apps need this, so only do it if you notice the app randomly closing OR the app specifically directs you to do so. I run BBC's iPlayer Radio app a lot, and it has only shutdown once in the last month while the screen was off, and I have not added it to the battery optimization exclusion list.
    You couldn't be more far off if you tried. I personally have two other "flagship" phones running 7.x.x and there are zero issues with notifications with regards to Doze.
    modifier likes this.
    08-05-17 09:55 AM
    Does anyone on AT&T know if this brings back access to VoLTE? It was there until the June update, then it disappeared, causing calls to be placed over the old HSPA Network. That, in turn, caused calls to be dropped left and right, because that network is old and not being improved.
    ...and if so, hopefully a way to shut it off. While some may like it, I do not and don't want it on my device.
    08-05-17 09:58 AM
    if one of you brave AAN355 users would use the new mobile upgrade, we could get an autoloader for everyone
    This times a thousand.

Here's the tool: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/

And if anyone volunteers, please make sure to try the edit suggested in post 38 of the linked thread.
    08-05-17 10:06 AM
    Fiddling with battery optimizations does not affect the notification issues, unfortunately.

It's a bug that was introduced in AAL964, and hasn't been resolved since.
    I can confirm now it's a bug of sorts. It is tied to whether you clear the app in question from the "Recent Apps" list. If you do, then Android will terminate both the app's foreground instance as well any background processes/services. I was noticing this under AAL964 w/ BBC's iPlayer. If it was playing a stream and I either swiped/clicked X, or clicked "Clear All" in recent apps, then the music would stop immediately because the app would shut down. Or, if I opened several other apps until iPlayer was automatically cleared from "Recent Apps", that would also shut it down.

However, under AAL964, K9-Mail and NWS Now were not affected like iPlayer was. You could clear their foreground instances and their background services would remain running along w/ any notifications or status bar icons.

That has changed now with AAN355 (I never got the interim AAM* build). Now, ALL apps, when MANUALLY cleared from "Recent Apps", will be force-closed, along with their background processes and status icons. But, at least with K9 and NWS Now, if I open enough apps to force them off the Recent Apps list automatically, they will remain active in the background, even if I then go into Recent Apps and hit "Clear All". Of course, as soon as I open K9/NWS Now's foreground instance again, then manually remove it from Recent Apps, it will close everything out like before.

This is likely what explains the loss of notifications. Clearing an app from Recent Apps in Android will normally terminate it. But an app can signal to Android whether this involves terminating its background functions as well. This was supposed to allow for maintaining background notifications from things like e-mail programs and such, but close the foreground instance to free up memory. Whatever BB/BBM changed in the AAM*/AAN* builds has altered this behaviour such that manually clearing an app from Recent Apps will aggressively terminate it and all background functions, but not always if Android automatically clears the app from that list. K9 and NWS Now must set a flag somewhere that prevents this, but other apps might not.

So the workaround for now means you'll need to periodically open or switch to any important apps to keep them in the Recent Apps list. Android looks to store about ~10 apps in that list right now. Additionally, don't press the "Clear All" button until this is fixed (unless you don't mind manually restarting any apps you need).
    megafan2000 likes this.
    08-05-17 10:14 AM
    Yes, you have to keep the app open to prevent its background services from terminating.
    08-05-17 10:19 AM
    Kumba explains the notifications bug quite clear there for anyone who think they are not affected. Maybe the apps on your particular KEYone are among those unaffected but there's no doubt your KEYone has the bug if you have AAL964 (June 5) or higher. We all received the same updates from the update app.
    08-05-17 11:22 AM
    So the workaround for now means you'll need to periodically open or switch to any important apps to keep them in the Recent Apps list. Android looks to store about ~10 apps in that list right now. Additionally, don't press the "Clear All" button until this is fixed (unless you don't mind manually restarting any apps you need).
    Okay, I think I might have found a fix. Can someone else try the below and triple-check that I just didn't get lucky?

Preparation:
    • Make a list of any apps, including System Apps, that you've disabled.
    • Optionally: Make a list of any custom permissions set for each permission category.

Now:
    1. Enable Airplane Mode.
    2. Close out any and all apps (status bar, recent apps, background services, running services and cached services from developer menu, etc).
    3. Go to Apps --> . . . --> Reset App Preferences, confirm to reset all app preferences (does not reset any app data).
    4. Go to Storage --> Internal --> Clear Cached Data, confirm to clear all cached app data.
    5. With airplane mode still active, reboot the phone.
    6. After reboot, unlock phone and keep airplane mode active.
    7. Using the lists created above under "preparation":
      • Re-disable any previously-disabled apps.
      • Optionally restore any custom permissions to specific apps.
      • Those using NetGuard for a firewall will need to turn it off and then back on again to have it re-create the VPN service.
    8. Turn off airplane mode and allow cellular, wi-fi, and/or VPN connections to re-establish.
    9. Open an app that is known to be affected with notifications not happening OR which you know would completely close down if cleared from "Recent Apps".
    10. Let the app do any needed background tasks, then minimize it (circle button).
    11. Clear that app from "Recent Apps" or hit "Clear All".
    12. Check if that app fully closed down or not (e.g., status bar icon vanished, running services in developer menu shows nothing, or does not receive notification w/ a test e-mail).

Thus far, this is at least keeping NWS Now and K9-Mail active. BBC iPlayer still closes itself down if I clear it from Recent Apps while it's playing, so it's likely designed to do this. I've tried several variations of starting NWS Now/K9 up and then clearing them from Recent Apps manually by either swiping or hitting "Clear All", and both are keeping their background services active now. I've also verified that these apps are restarting their background services after a reboot and full power-off.

My guess is something changed in the latest builds (AAM*/AAN*) in how they process a system-level config/data file for app preferences. Something in such a file from the older builds might have been incompatible with the newer builds, thus the default to force-killing everything tied to an app when it is manually cleared from the "Recent Apps" menu. By resetting all app preferences and clearing the cache, the incompatibility was cleared out and whatever the newer builds were checking for works now. Thus NWS Now and K9 are staying active in the background, and K9 is definitely notifying when I send a test e-mail to myself from my desktop mail client.
    08-05-17 11:45 AM
    ^ tried it didn't work with The Weather Channel or Poweramp. No changes.
    08-05-17 12:29 PM
    Okay, I think I might have found a fix. Can someone else try the below and triple-check that I just didn't get lucky?
    tried it as well and doesnt look like its working (weather underground)
    08-05-17 12:38 PM
    Some notes I thought that I'd add regarding the AAN355 update on a BBB100-1 model on T-Mobile.

* Maybe specific to T-Moble, the issue with using USSD/MMI codes might be partially fixed. For the first time since I got this device, I was able to run the #BAL # code and actually got info back from T-Mobile on my account status. This is intermittent, however, as I haven't been able to execute that same code a second time successfully, nor any of the other codes like #WEB # or #MIN #.
    With T-Mobile and my #932 # no longer works anymore with the two latest updates from July and August. Any fixes?
    08-05-17 01:20 PM
    There is nothing on the device you can do. It's a bug with AAL964 and beyond. Period.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    08-05-17 01:31 PM
    I finally got K9 to die off and not restart automatically after a couple of rounds of running the app, letting the device idle for a few minutes, then hitting "Clear All" in the Recent Apps menu. So I didn't find a "fix" per-say. But K9 is known to have issues with Doze on Android 6+, and that does look like a contributing factor with whatever BBM did in these newer updates.

That said, NWS Now is definitely working better and it's also restarting its background services when it does get killed off. The BBC News app is also restarting its services properly now. Before, they would all die off and stayed dead until I manually restarted each of them. So it looks like my instructions fixed "something", just not the core issue, which is increasingly looking like some change in Android's aggressiveness in app or memory management that must've been made.

That said, I'll try other experiments. This link below is worth a read:
    https://androidforums.com/threads/ma...droid.1058445/
    08-05-17 01:33 PM
    What he said. The irony is almost unbearable.
    Just like an Alanis Morrisette song? LOL
    08-05-17 01:39 PM
    Can you tell me what this does to your phone! I'm on T-Mobile and curious what this does or should do.
    08-05-17 05:23 PM
144 ... 23456