Got the update last night. Noticed that the bug where the phone would go from Silent -> to Vibrate on it's own appears to be resoled. Or at least, mine hasn't changed itself in the past 14 hours.
    08-04-17 08:32 AM
    Some notes I thought that I'd add regarding the AAN355 update on a BBB100-1 model on T-Mobile.

* Definitely based on the July Android security updates, however, the Linux kernel build date is very recent, having been built on Friday, July 28th @ 16:17 EDT. I find it interesting that the kernel's build timezone is in US Eastern Daylight time, which indicates that the build machine is located on either the US or Canadian east coast. So this suggests that the real BlackBerry people are definitely creating the update packages, not TCL/BBM.

* The baseband firmware was updated. This is the software/firmware that runs the real CPU in the phone on the modem-side of the device (the snapdragon CPU that runs Android itself is called the "application processor"). The last few digits of the previous version in AAL964 was "1.96248.1". The last few digits in AAN355 is "1.103048.1.103777.2". This is probably specific to the BBB100-1 model, so other models will likely report different versions.

* Maybe specific to T-Moble, the issue with using USSD/MMI codes might be partially fixed. For the first time since I got this device, I was able to run the #BAL # code and actually got info back from T-Mobile on my account status. This is intermittent, however, as I haven't been able to execute that same code a second time successfully, nor any of the other codes like #WEB # or #MIN #.

* As far as I can tell, the change to the Symbol keyboard's operation is deliberate, such that if you press and then release the SYM key, the keyboard will remain active until you close it by pressing SYM twice more. If you hold SYM down, press the letter of the symbol you want, then release, then the keyboard will deactivate. Definitely different behavior versus what BBOS did, but does not appear to be a bug. I assume this is something that BBM can fix, if they choose to do so, in an update to the keyboard app itself, which is updated separately from the OS via the Play store.

* The "notifications bug" that a lot of people seem to be complaining about might not be a bug in K1's software, but a function of Android itself called "Doze". I was reading that K9-Mail suffered from being randomly terminated by Android, due to its aggressive battery optimization, which is tied to Doze. The recommended solution is to go to Settings --> Battery --> . . . --> Battery Optimization, then select "All Apps" from the drop-down field, then add any apps that you want to exclude from optimization. This should prevent Android from prematurely closing them and thus allow notifications to continue to work. I am doing this for K9, NWS Now (weather), NetGuard (firewall), and Light Manager Pro. Note: not all apps need this, so only do it if you notice the app randomly closing OR the app specifically directs you to do so. I run BBC's iPlayer Radio app a lot, and it has only shutdown once in the last month while the screen was off, and I have not added it to the battery optimization exclusion list.

* I haven't found out what exactly the T-Mobile VM bug is, but I have noticed that when calling family members on Verizon devices, if they don't answer and it tries to go to voice-mail, that my call will suddenly disconnect. If that's the Tmo VM bug, I have not verified yet if that is fixed. Hopefully it is...
    andyk350, john_v and Diana Melamet like this.
    08-04-17 08:35 AM
    Fiddling with battery optimizations does not affect the notification issues, unfortunately.

It's a bug that was introduced in AAL964, and hasn't been resolved since.
    megafan2000 and JeBe4 like this.
    08-04-17 08:48 AM
    * The "notifications bug" that a lot of people seem to be complaining about might not be a bug in K1's software, but a function of Android itself called "Doze". I was reading that K9-Mail suffered from being randomly terminated by Android, due to its aggressive battery optimization, which is tied to Doze. The recommended solution is to go to Settings --> Battery --> . . . --> Battery Optimization, then select "All Apps" from the drop-down field, then add any apps that you want to exclude from optimization. This should prevent Android from prematurely closing them and thus allow notifications to continue to work.
    Unfortunately, that work around doesnt work. i tried that along with adding the apps in power center and set them to performance but still have to have them open in the background to work.
    08-04-17 08:49 AM
    It's not a Doze issue. It's specific to post-April KeyONE builds.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    08-04-17 08:50 AM
    So is the consensus that the August update does NOT fix the notification bug?
    footnote likes this.
    08-04-17 08:56 AM
    Hopefully, BlackBerryMobile is watching/reviewing this Thread.

Action needed.
    08-04-17 09:14 AM
    What's even more frustrating is the Bluetooth issues are still here. For those of us that work out of or from our car, K1 is now useless. I'm gonna have to give up on my phone soon if not fixed.
    08-04-17 09:30 AM
    What's even more frustrating is the Bluetooth issues are still here. For those of us that work out of or from our car, K1 is now useless. I'm gonna have to give up on my phone soon if not fixed.
    Odd though, as I've hooked my KEYᵒⁿᵉ to several vehicles and devices without any issues.
    MadmanM likes this.
    08-04-17 09:40 AM
    What are your issues? I have mine connected to two cars, Ford Sync 2, and Subaru (which is Toyota system I think) and have had no issues. In fact unfortunately I've had two keyone with no issues on either.

I work alot from my car as well so I can understand it would be frustrating.
    08-04-17 09:49 AM
    I have not had Bluetooth problems connecting KEYone to Jag/LandRover maybe due to their using the QNX os

I received the new upgrade from TM last night.
    Prior to upgrade I had random system restarts, about every day or so. BlackBerry technical support told me to install the latest system upgrade ... which was not available. Their other option was to backup and restore which I did not want to do.
    So far it is only a few hours since update ... hopefully the restart problem is resolved
    08-04-17 10:15 AM
    Does anyone on AT&T know if this brings back access to VoLTE? It was there until the June update, then it disappeared, causing calls to be placed over the old HSPA Network. That, in turn, caused calls to be dropped left and right, because that network is old and not being improved.
    08-04-17 10:16 AM
    Anyone notice any battery charging issues after updating to AAN355? The update was successful for me, but I have had the K1 charging all morning and it won't go above 75%.
    08-04-17 10:59 AM
    Fiddling with battery optimizations does not affect the notification issues, unfortunately.

It's a bug that was introduced in AAL964, and hasn't been resolved since.
    How embarrassing. Equally embarrassing that CB hasn't bothered to put an article about this on the front page. You'd think that the site dedicated to BlackBerry fans would want to inform said fans that the software on the latest and most popular BlackBerry has a major bug.

But I guess they're too busy collecting checks from BB Mobile to bother with actual reporting.
    footnote likes this.
    08-04-17 11:11 AM
    Anyone notice any battery charging issues after updating to AAN355? The update was successful for me, but I have had the K1 charging all morning and it won't go above 75%.
    Haven't seen that issue. Updated last night and it was at 100% this morning. I have noticed through my battery life not as good with this update.
    08-04-17 11:11 AM
    I agree that the symbols thing appears to be a change in behavior rather than a "bug" but it's still extremely stupid, thus needs to be fixed...
    08-04-17 11:23 AM
    installed a n355 and found the following. Notifications are not functioning exactly correctly yet. Specifically applications that are supposed to put up a notification trigger when the application is not open even if there's a widget set it does not stick in the notification pull-down. Second of all the application reset the voice speed and voice type in correctly. It wound up being a very fast high-pitched voice that had to be reset. third, it it's set to do not disturb mode inappropriately and had to be turned off and reset leading to a few missed calls before I realize this had happened. I can only imagine there's more to come.
    08-04-17 11:49 AM
    is it working on Tesla, Maserati, and Silver shadow? I sure don't want to order the wrong car
    john_v and gizmo21 like this.
    08-04-17 11:59 AM
    BT issue connection to Audi MMI phone system still exists. This is really frustrating that they would not fix this bt issues. Keyone connects well to my car but when on a call it will switch from my car to my phone and back after a few mins on the call. Very frustrating.... someone said AAM version had fixed it
    08-04-17 12:45 PM
    Downloading now. Hope the Damn Bluetooth issues are fixed on the Audi BT systems. i will check and post
    thanks for the updated
    Whats the issue with Audi BT systems? I have a late 2014 A3 and I can connect the phone up and play music, stream audio apps and answer/make cals with no issues. It even auto connects to car within range/engine on.
    08-04-17 12:53 PM
    Whats the issue with Audi BT systems? I have a late 2014 A3 and I can connect the phone up and play music, stream audio apps and answer/make cals with no issues. It even auto connects to car within range/engine on.
    When on a call the phone disconnects from the car system to the phone then connects back. it is annoying as the person on the other end does not hear us and it keeps switching back and forth
    08-04-17 12:55 PM
    When on a call the phone disconnects from the car system to the phone then connects back. it is annoying as the person on the other end does not hear us and it keeps switching back and forth
    Strange one. Not had that. I'm on bbb-100-2 uk purchased on the July 5th security updates. Hope it's sorted soon for you
    Last edited by prlarkin; 08-06-17 at 03:11 AM.
    08-04-17 01:10 PM
    I tried to setup my ewarranty and I got an invalid request message that wouldn't go away so I disabled the app. Anyone seen this?
    I woke up this morning and got a notification that my e-warranty has been Activated!

I hope it saved what I originally put in. Lol.
    08-04-17 03:07 PM
    Does anyone on AT&T know if this brings back access to VoLTE? It was there until the June update, then it disappeared, causing calls to be placed over the old HSPA Network. That, in turn, caused calls to be dropped left and right, because that network is old and not being improved.
    Still removed.
    08-04-17 03:09 PM
    My man!
    08-04-17 03:13 PM
144 12345 ...