If I get an unlocked CDMA version do I simply move my carrier SIM chip from the Classic into it and it comes up? Are there disadvantages to using an unlocked prior to carrier support? I am fed up with all the delays and the thought of waiting yet again for "maybe September" for official carrier rollout from Verizon drives me crazy. I have never in my life seen a more uncoordinated, botched rollout of a product from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    rkanazawa likes this.
    05-12-17 10:06 AM
    Well the only downside I see is that you can't go to verizon wireless for warranty. And you would have to deal with BlackBerry mobile / TCL for replacement device and etc. Besides that none.

Posted via CB10
    portplayer likes this.
    05-12-17 10:10 AM
    And yes just insert your current sim card in (unless the classic doesn't use nano sim) and restart the device and it should pick up VZW LTE.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 10:12 AM
    And yes just insert your current sim card in (unless the classic doesn't use nano sim) and restart the device and it should pick up VZW LTE.

Posted via CB10
    Can't wait to get an unlocked one, I'm on Verizon too
    bluesqueen23 and drcharlton like this.
    05-12-17 10:16 AM
    I'm rocking an iPhone SE and it has a nano sim so I can't wait to eject and replace!
    05-12-17 02:22 PM
    As a former Cellphone Salesman at a retailer the sold sprint, t-mobile and at&t, i was under the impression that if you wanted CDMA service on your phone, you need to give customer service the IMEI (aka serial number) of the phone in order to attach your number to that phone.

With my experience with sprint, you get a SIM Card for the LTE service, but you still need to give the IMEI number to customer service for the CDMA radios to work.
    05-12-17 07:04 PM
    Pretty sure you can do that online with Verizon. I saw a link on MyVerizon to do so...I've been prepping. But of course I can see an error occur lol
    05-12-17 07:07 PM
    I've heard of decreased functionality. Such as no WiFi Hotspot.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 07:39 PM
    Possibly. Not sure if you have the Unlimited plan which makes that not as important unless of course you are in a poor area for service.
    05-12-17 07:41 PM
    No WiFi Hotspot!? I gotta have that! Mine is a corporate account and I believe it is turned on/off as an option from the carrier? Is this positively true that it will not work?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 03:41 AM
    From my experience with Verizon you can swap active sim cards and Verizon's system will registered that sim with the different device. The only question I have about Verizon concerning the keyone unlocked cmda version is will Verizon block the phone once their system detects a none Verizon branded phone.
    05-13-17 01:33 PM
    From my experience with Verizon you can swap active sim cards and Verizon's system will registered that sim with the different device. The only question I have about Verizon concerning the keyone unlocked cmda version is will Verizon block the phone once their system detects a none Verizon branded phone.
    I have used unlocked phones with Verizon and no, they do not block it
    phuoc likes this.
    05-13-17 01:38 PM
    I have used unlocked phones with Verizon and no, they do not block it
    Did Verizon already offer a version of the unlock devices you used?
    05-13-17 01:44 PM
    Did Verizon already offer a version of the unlock devices you used?
    Yes, the Galaxy S6
    05-13-17 01:46 PM
    I use an Axon Z7 which Verizon doesn't sell and it works better getting a VErizon signal than any of their phones, of which I have/had about five (LG V20, LG G5, Samsung G7, Iphone 6, etc.). I switch my sim regularly between the G5 (which is Verizon branded phone and the Z7 with no problems. Verizon's system just picks it up. I don't have to put in an IMEI). Of course, Verizon says it won't work on Verizon, and Axon ZTE says the Z7 won't work on Verizon either. Gotta love 'em all. But, if the bands are there, they work. The Xiaomi MI5 works on Verizon too, as does the Mi5s. Just switch sims and you should be good to go.
    05-20-17 05:49 AM
    I've a few Q10s - yes, I still love 'em - bought off eBay when I heard BlackBerry was out of the hardware business. Have always called VZW and given them the IMEI#. This is good news for an old pkb-head. Can someone help w the CDMA/4GLTE bands I need to be looking for?

My only concern is I still prefer the Q10 to the Classic which I have as a 4th backup BB10 device b/c of the size. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 09:27 PM
    I've a few Q10s - yes, I still love 'em - bought off eBay when I heard BlackBerry was out of the hardware business. Have always called VZW and given them the IMEI#. This is good news for an old pkb-head. Can someone help w the CDMA/4GLTE bands I need to be looking for?

My only concern is I still prefer the Q10 to the Classic which I have as a 4th backup BB10 device b/c of the size. Lol

Posted via CB10
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Cheat...he-USA_id77933
    05-21-17 09:57 PM
    Sweet, cheers mate

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    05-21-17 11:11 PM
    Hi I put in the sim from a iPhone 5 and it has worked but sometimes I can't make calls for like an hour at a time why is this happening? Btw I have text and data service available??
    06-27-17 11:49 PM
    Well the only downside I see is that you can't go to verizon wireless for warranty. And you would have to deal with BlackBerry mobile / TCL for replacement device and etc. Besides that none.

Posted via CB10
    Idk if I'd call it a downside long term. Verizon and Asurion routinely go back and forth regarding who should fix the device. And if you don't have Asurion device coverage insurance good luck with big red.
    06-28-17 01:09 AM
    I had a bit of a challenge with the switch because my BlackBerry Z10 phone on Verizon had no nano Sim. The verizon store rep couldn't find the KEYone on the Verizon system. It took a while being in the Verizon store and on the phone with a tech before the Sim worked. As the store rep said if the phone isn't on the verizon network the Sim won't work. Just before I was resigned to find a friend with a verizon phone with a nano sim slot to use and get my card to work (the store rep wasn't allowed to use their stock) the in store rep gave one more try and there it was the KEYone in the system. Couldn't figure out why wasn't showing up but my new phone is working. BTW this was a corporate verizon store in NYC.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 05:50 AM
    Similar problem. My Bold had no SIM. At Verizon store, staff got error message that its an unrecognized phone. Staff did a work around with a serial number from another phone on our plan and got it to work, but the staff predicted the network will ultimately reject the phone. Verizon is totally playing games trying to force purchase of their phones, probably violating antitrust laws. I don't know whether to take it back to Best Buy and say that the phone you said is for Verizon isn't, since the Verizon people say it might not work or wait til there is a problem and fight with Verizon again. With 4 other CDMA devices on the same plan, I can't easily dump them, but very upset with its horrible customer service.
    06-28-17 10:55 PM
    I have a z10 and the sim card is not nano. How do I get the correct sim from verizon?
    07-29-17 02:13 PM
    I have a z10 and the sim card is not nano. How do I get the correct sim from verizon?
    I know for ATT and TMo I could walk into a store and get different sized sim cards. Try a store or calling customer service.
    07-29-17 10:37 PM
    CAUTION

By the way, sim cards can be cut down and sized. BUT folks have messed up phones that use the larger sim card if they placed the smaller sim in an ADAPTER. Adapters can rip or bend the phone's contact pins. So just a word of warning if that route is suggested.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    07-29-17 11:43 PM