Seems the phone will not allow me to delete photos stored on my SD card from within the Google Photos app.
    Gives me "Photos doesn't have access to delete items on your SD card. Go to the Gallery app to continue deleting." instead.

This true for everyone (Priv people too?) or just a glitch I have on my phone somehow?

Feedback request please.
    06-12-17 11:09 AM
    I don't use that app, but can't you grant access to the SD card? I've had to do that with several apps I use (QuickPic, File Commander, Swipe Pro, etc).
    06-12-17 11:19 AM
    I would Double check permissions given to Google Photos app.
    I don't use Google Photos, but I would also try a file manager like X-plorer (my current favorite on the Play Store) to delete the photos.
    06-12-17 11:21 AM
    Hello on my PRV can erase from Google Photos. Go into settings, apps, select Photos, check permissions especially storage enabled.
    Also explain that on my PRIV have set up shared storage with SD card.
    Good luck.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-12-17 11:52 AM
    Storage permission is enabled.

Searching around this seems to be an issue in Nougat on other phones also.

No one else uses Google Photos app on their Keyone in here?
    06-12-17 02:56 PM
    uninstall Google Photos and reinstall it. Grant permissions again to SD card.
    yes you can delete photos from SD card through Google photos on KEYone.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    06-12-17 02:59 PM
    Just to be clear, you can do this on your Keyone?
    06-12-17 04:54 PM
    uninstall Google Photos and reinstall it. Grant permissions again to SD card.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Yes you can. Your photos will be listed in Albums. If it can see them you can give permission to delete them. But do what I said above first.
    You could also use a file mgr like the ASUS File Manager which is one of the top file managers to do this.
    06-12-17 05:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you have to delete photos in Google via logging in to your Google account and deleting them there and not via your Google App. Google have made it pretty difficult to not only delete photos but also to take the option of not ever saving photos in your Google account. I found this out with my first Android based phone. It is possible to do but not straight forward thanks to Google. Good luck.
    06-12-17 05:27 PM
    I encountered the same issue when I went to delete photos today. It worked fine on my Priv. I'll try uninstalling Photos and reinstalling as suggested and will post results.

Edit: Yes, disabling Photos reverted it back to the original version. I went to Play Store and updated the app and now it works. The key may be giving it access to the SD card again. I don't recall having to do so when I first moved to KEYone, but I used the content transfer app to copy everything from my Priv, so it may have moved the settings as well. Thanks for the solution, Pinot2015!

Also, I can't believe how much faster app installation is on KEYone compared to Priv. Is it because of Nougat?
    06-12-17 05:41 PM
    It won't seem to let me uninstall it. Setting>Apps and Play Store shows no uninstall area.

I was able to and did uninstall the updates for Google Photos. But the whole app I don't see any place to uninstall it???!
    06-12-17 05:53 PM
    Try the uninstall directly from the playstore. List your apps and try uninstalling Google photos.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 06:10 PM
    Your have to download a file manager like es file explorer and then you will be able to grant access to the SD card.
    06-12-17 06:21 PM
    It won't seem to let me uninstall it. Setting>Apps and Play Store shows no uninstall area.

I was able to and did uninstall the updates for Google Photos. But the whole app I don't see any place to uninstall it???!
    Uninstalling the updates, then going to the Play Store to update it fixed it for me.
    06-12-17 09:21 PM