Hi All,

For those of you who managed to purchase your keyone this morning have you noticed any lag on the trackpad. The scrolling seems to be a bit glitchy going through the menus and scrolling on the browser. Could be potentially me but i don't remember it being as slow on my Passport or Priv.

Feedback and thoughts surrounding the above would be much appreciated.

PS. How good does this thing look!!
    04-27-17 11:21 AM
    Mine is not smooth
    04-27-17 11:36 AM
    What trackpad? Do you mean the scroll-pad keyboard? Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-27-17 11:38 AM
    Issues already. It's gonna be a long summer.
    04-27-17 11:39 AM
    Yes, the scroll-pad keyboard indeed.
    04-27-17 11:42 AM
    Hi All,

For those of you who managed to purchase your keyone this morning have you noticed any lag on the trackpad. The scrolling seems to be a bit glitchy going through the menus and scrolling on the browser. Could be potentially me but i don't remember it being as slow on my Passport or Priv.

Feedback and thoughts surrounding the above would be much appreciated.

PS. How good does this thing look!!
    I know some of us on the Priv, at least, tweaked the animation settings which can be found in Developer options. I don't recall how to engage those at the moment.
    04-27-17 11:44 AM
    So I don't have to start a new thread and we're already talking about the "scroll-pad" as it's referred to now, lol...has anybody seen a pointer when browsing the Internet? *crosses fingers*

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    04-27-17 11:50 AM
    So I don't have to start a new thread and we're already talking about the "scroll-pad" as it's referred to now, lol...has anybody seen a pointer when browsing the Internet? *crosses fingers*

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    Nope, only trackpads have that. This one just scrolls like the Passport and Priv.

Edit: Dammit, I forgot I am a condescending defending apologist fanboy. What I meant is that, uh, trackpads are a thing of the past, all we need is scrolling, that makes this better!

04-27-17 12:20 PM

Good question.

On the Priv only two models really have Pointer Mode. The Verizon Priv and a Korean model. It is also found in Developer options. Works, so so on my Verizon Priv.
    04-27-17 12:20 PM
    If it works on the Keyone

Developer Mode

1) First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the “Build Number” field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.
    2)Go back to the main settings menu and you should see “Developer options” above about phone item – tap this.
    04-27-17 12:22 PM
    Nope, only trackpads have that. This one just scrolls like the Passport and Priv.

Edit: Dammit, I forgot I am a condescending defending apologist fanboy. What I meant is that, uh, trackpads are a thing of the past, all we need is scrolling, that makes this better!

Lol, I gotcha and I appreciate the sarcasm. It is my hope that BlackBerry develops their own browser for Android (as they done with other apps) and in said app we can have the option for a pointer. Not holding my breath for it tho...I'm not a fool.

And for the record I had a Q10 before my Classic so I'm familiar with no pointer while browsing...the pointer just makes it so much more easy and pleasant. I will miss it but it's not a deal breaker by any means. I want the KEYone like now! Lol. I'm in the US as well. Boo-hoo for us, lol.

04-27-17 03:33 PM
    Lol, I gotcha and I appreciate the sarcasm. It is my hope that BlackBerry develops their own browser for Android (as they done with other apps) and in said app we can have the option for a pointer. Not holding my breath for it tho...I'm not a fool.

And for the record I had a Q10 before my Classic so I'm familiar with no pointer while browsing...the pointer just makes it so much more easy and pleasant. I will miss it but it's not a deal breaker by any means. I want the KEYone like now! Lol. I'm in the US as well. Boo-hoo for us, lol.

I had the Q10 before the Classic as well. So I'm also familiar with having no cursor. I also use an all-touch Android device for work. But still hate it and love the pointer like you do. Makes clicking on small links effortless...

04-27-17 03:37 PM
    Speaking of the keyboard trackpad feature: Is there a toggle to enable or disable it? How far do you need to swipe for the software to recognize it as such? If it's too sensitive I hope there's the option to disable the swipe functionality.
    04-27-17 04:01 PM
    From trying it today, the trackpad is very similar (if not the same) to that on the Priv - that is, inferior to that on the Passport. Not as smooth, no pinch outwards/inwards to expand/lessen the webpage, T for top & B for bottom works on fewer websites, etc.
    But having said that, still good to have!
    04-27-17 05:12 PM
    I know some of us on the Priv, at least, tweaked the animation settings which can be found in Developer options. I don't recall how to engage those at the moment.
    Do you recall which animation settings you changed?
    04-27-17 07:38 PM
    Do you recall which animation settings you changed?
    I believe I dropped them all to .5 (that's Point 5)
    04-27-17 07:41 PM
    I just got my pre-owned Keyone from a member here ( Finally!) And I'm having this same issue. The keyboard touch pad/ scrolling was much smoother/responsive. However everything else has been ammmmazing
    08-26-17 03:28 AM
    Has the trackpad function improved with the recent updates? Like the sensitivity of it?

Waiting for K1 rev.1
    08-26-17 04:13 AM