Didn't realize their were phones out there with 6020mAh batteries...
    There are tons of cheap rugged phones from China with higher capacity battery cells, some have upwards of 10-15K but they are not on these lists because they are not readily availibe in our markets

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    09-24-17 07:15 AM
    I use both, real life and reviews, I own a S7 Edge and know about 4 others who do to and have also been happy with Battery Life, it has to be said though here in South Africa we get the far more efficient Exynos models, not Snapdragons, this is where things get muddy when it comes to comparing Samsung's.

But I like a balance of real life and reviews, there's been times where in real life the person I know who owns the device got a bad unit, that can't be my only deciding factor.

One could know someone who has a K1 who's screen fell out, does that mean that EVERY K1's screen falls out?

But hey man, do you.
    I guess you must have missed my previous reply to you where I mention that the S7 Edge's decent battery life is the only reason my friend could game on his phone as much as he does. But yah, keep assuming that I am super biased simply because I said that from a real-world usage standpoint I can still cite my phone's good battery life as one of the reasons I like it...

Edit: And wait, weren't you one of the people who have either said or implied that every KEYᵒⁿᵉ made before the fix will lose their screens?
    09-24-17 12:53 PM
    There are tons of cheap rugged phones from China with higher capacity battery cells, some have upwards of 10-15K but they are not on these lists because they are not readily availibe in our markets

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    Just ordered a Moto E4 plus for my mother-in-law that has a 5000mah battery. and it was pretty cheap too. And the G5 Plus I got for my mom has great battery life as well.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm straying from my fanboy persona. What I meant was, I buy BlackBerry for everyone regardless of what they want because BlackBerry is the best!! Hey, don't want to disappoint anyone's perception of me or anything...
    RoseBud68 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-24-17 12:55 PM
    If everyone goes by "real life" reviews then what's the point of even sharing the information on a forum SMH...

You can find battery life tests online where they have everything off just WiFi and they're running through a video, you can see the battler life results pretty clearly.

Of course your own battery life will vary depending on your usage patterns and how well you manage your devices storage, cache, data, and network obviously.

So saying "my gf's" so and so phone has poor battery life is pretty asinine. Otherwise what's the point of manufacturers making battler life claims if not for some standardized testing....

I average 7 hours of SOT on mine (s7e) based in my usage which is mostly email, messaging, IG, and Twitter. When I'm on WiFi and watching YouTube then it's significantly less...

Also depends on age and os. Updating to a newer OS version than what your phone launched with tends to lower it and obviously if it's older.

Talk again next year when the K1 is on android O and you've had the phone for a year.
    09-24-17 02:08 PM
    Updating to a newer OS version than what your phone launched with tends to lower it
    If that was true, I'm really curious as to why the hell EVERYONE seems sooo excited when they hear news that their phones will get the next update.
    Like for example many Priv owners are very disappointed that the phone won't get Nougat...but what makes them so damn sure that Nougat will improve overheating/battery life on that specific phone? Besides, Marshmallow is still super relevant, it'll be a while before any crucial apps require Nougat to function.
    09-24-17 02:56 PM
    Did they actually test the battery life? Or just sort them by size?

Cause real life battery life can be totally different than size
    09-24-17 03:11 PM
    Did they actually test the battery life? Or just sort them by size?

Cause real life battery life can be totally different than size
    Pretty sure it sort by size and no test.
    09-24-17 04:50 PM
    coming from a priv, battery life on my Keyone is night and day. for me - full day emailing, watching a video or two, play a card game, use waze for a quick trip and still with plenty of juice at bedtime. it's quite liberating not having to be a slave to the power outlet.
    09-24-17 07:13 PM
    If that was true, I'm really curious as to why the hell EVERYONE seems sooo excited when they hear news that their phones will get the next update.
    Like for example many Priv owners are very disappointed that the phone won't get Nougat...but what makes them so damn sure that Nougat will improve overheating/battery life on that specific phone? Besides, Marshmallow is still super relevant, it'll be a while before any crucial apps require Nougat to function.
    Well it's because of new features, etc and I think nougat had all these security upgrades to make it the most secure android version available.

But as far as battery life goes even though they claim "updating" the os brings better battery management, more often than not it makes it worse. This is true for all phones and all os, ios included. A simple google search would shown this.

You do have the odd case where if you had horrendous battery life to begin with, like the PRIV on lollipop, you might see improvements with an os update.

I could definitely get through my work day tomorrow on this battery life IF I just brought it to work and only used it for texts and messages and no social media stuff. Ie leave it on standby lol.

Just as an example, I used it quite heavily today. The s7 and s7 edge were overall near the top in battery life in 2016 and this is shown by numerous tests.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone top five in best battery life for Androids phones.-13152.jpg  
    09-24-17 09:18 PM
    Well it's because of new features, etc and I think nougat had all these security upgrades to make it the most secure android version available.

But as far as battery life goes even though they claim "updating" the os brings better battery management, more often than not it makes it worse. This is true for all phones and all os, ios included. A simple google search would shown this.

You do have the odd case where if you had horrendous battery life to begin with, like the PRIV on lollipop, you might see improvements with an os update.

I could definitely get through my work day tomorrow on this battery life IF I just brought it to work and only used it for texts and messages and no social media stuff. Ie leave it on standby lol.

Just as an example, I used it quite heavily today. The s7 and s7 edge were overall near the top in battery life in 2016 and this is shown by numerous tests.
    Not sure why this one didn't attach.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone top five in best battery life for Androids phones.-13150.jpg  
    09-24-17 09:20 PM
    Not sure why this one didn't attach.
    When I stick strictly to messages and email only and limit social media and YouTube, I get 1.5 days 6am off the charger and need to plug in around 6-7pm the following day.

7 hours SOT.

Pretty well corroborated by various tests but I get those don't mean anything compared to a friends experience /S
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone top five in best battery life for Androids phones.-12384.jpg  
    09-24-17 09:26 PM
    When I stick strictly to messages and email only and limit social media and YouTube, I get 1.5 days 6am off the charger and need to plug in around 6-7pm the following day.

7 hours SOT.

Pretty well corroborated by various tests but I get those don't mean anything compared to a friends experience /S
    Looks like the CB can't attach more than one per post.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone top five in best battery life for Androids phones.-12345.jpg  
    09-24-17 09:27 PM
37 12