I'm throwing this idea out there. How about if they had put a tool belt like the Classic where the touchscreen buttons are. A cursor button/home key, the BlackBerry button as the recent key and keep the back button and reverse them to either side of the cursor and walla! KeyOne and Classic perfect together!
    FF22, Smokeaire, Johberry and 1 others like this.
    09-10-17 08:12 AM
    I'm throwing this idea out there. How about if they had put a tool belt like the Classic where the touchscreen buttons are. A cursor button/home key, the BlackBerry button as the recent key and keep the back button and reverse them to either side of the cursor and walla! KeyOne and Classic perfect together!
    I might actually like that. I still am somewhat sloppy with the finger work or typing on the top row and sometimes find myself at the home screen or in another app because I inadvertently hit one of the "soft keys" and am whisked away from whatever I was typing.
    09-10-17 09:15 AM
    I wholeheartedly agree. I hate the capacitive touch "buttons. If BBMobile can add the PKB to Android adding the tool bar shouldn't be a problem.
    09-10-17 09:24 AM
    I would love it that way too...

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 09:34 AM
    id like to be able to use the pkb like a real mouse, it would be nice to have a cursor and be able to use the kb as a mouse and clicking on it instead of having to use the touch screen
    09-10-17 09:40 AM
    id like to be able to use the pkb like a real mouse, it would be nice to have a cursor and be able to use the kb as a mouse and clicking on it instead of having to use the touch screen
    Yep, browsing the web without the cursor gets quite annoying...
    DWonder likes this.
    09-10-17 10:25 AM
    Also call buttons please

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 11:39 AM
    I took the dial buttons for granted but of course they should be there. The whole tool belt but redesigned with back and square on either side of a cursor/home button like Classic. Just press it to go home
    09-10-17 03:35 PM
    Yep, call send and call end buttons are awesome. Right now you can program the power button to end calls. So there's a consolation...
    09-10-17 07:43 PM
    The problem is how would the trackpad work as a home button as well.
    Pressing it can either take you to home or click whatever the trackpad is hovering over.
    That's the only issue I see with this set up
    Otherwise BlackBerry can very well have the entire tool belt with call and end buttons.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 08:29 PM
    I think they should think hard for the KeyTwo version
    09-11-17 01:55 AM
    Android is so advanced that it doesn't output to square screens nor can accept trackball/cursor/trackpad built into device. Google wouldn't even consider these two aspects to be part of Android because it's deemed 90's.
    09-11-17 07:20 AM
    Everyone is going to bezel"less" and button"less" devices..... and you guys want more buttons and less screen space?

I understand wanting the "classic" BlackBerry look from yesteryear....
    09-11-17 08:37 AM
    I think they should think hard for the KeyTwo version
    there is a technical problem.
    The home button and trackpad can't be one.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-17 09:52 AM
    Yep, call send and call end buttons are awesome. Right now you can program the power button to end calls. So there's a consolation...
    How will the trackpad work as the home button?
    But yes I would Love the toolbelt.
    Definitely crave for a call answer and end button.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-17 09:53 AM
    Everyone is going to bezel"less" and button"less" devices..... and you guys want more buttons and less screen space?

I understand wanting the "classic" BlackBerry look from yesteryear....
    I think the setup on the keyone is fine id like for them to get more use out of the pkb such as using it as a mouse and tapping or double tapping to click. Also bb should have made their own browser from the ground up and implemented better use of the pkb for use within the browser.
    09-11-17 09:57 AM
    This would be nice!

The KEYone is like the way the Q10 was.
    Then the Classic came. Hopefully the KEYtwo will have the toolbelt. ...and maybe a cool name but that's for a different discussion.
    09-11-17 10:14 AM
    BlackBerry Button as Home?
    09-11-17 07:35 PM
    BlackBerry Button as Home?
    That would be the recent apps button

Posted via CB10
    09-11-17 08:07 PM
    Android is so advanced that it doesn't output to square screens nor can accept trackball/cursor/trackpad built into device. Google wouldn't even consider these two aspects to be part of Android because it's deemed 90's.
    1. Android outputs just fine to square screens, but the standards for APPS do not support square screens (for very sensible reasons - speak to any app developer), so Google doesn't allow square screens. 4:3 is the closest thing that is supported.

2. Android has supported "mouse" cursors since the beginning, and would have absolutely no trouble operating with a trackpad. You can also use a USB mouse (with a UTG adapter) or a BlueTooth mouse/trackpad/trackball on virtually every Android device.
    09-11-17 09:22 PM
    As a former Classic user, I'd love a toolbelt. Bring it.
    09-11-17 09:26 PM
    I use this and love it. It actually works better than the end button on the Classic, because on Android that button instantly ends the call no matter what, just like how it worked on the 9900. On the Classic the end key was a bit sluggish and would sometimes get confused if you had other apps open and had to navigate between them.

But agree with OP that I would love to see a better toolbelt possibly with physical buttons.
    09-11-17 10:48 PM
    How will the trackpad work as the home button?
    But yes I would Love the toolbelt.
    Definitely crave for a call answer and end button.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't do it that way, it won't work. Everytime you click on it it brings you home? I would have the call end button to actually be like the home button, ending the call would actually be holding the call end button. Simply pressing it would navigate you back to your home screen. Back button would be the triangle, and the square would replace the BB button.
    09-11-17 11:03 PM
    I wouldn't do it that way, it won't work. Everytime you click on it it brings you home? I would have the call end button to actually be like the home button, ending the call would actually be holding the call end button. Simply pressing it would navigate you back to your home screen. Back button would be the triangle, and the square would replace the BB button.
    Dont you feel that would be a little confusing to the normal user?
    Most people would accept the call end button to end the call in a single click?
    Atleast this ways we can have it work. But I am not sure how practical/efficient it will be in daily use.
    Buts the only way to implement the tool belt I guess
    09-12-17 12:19 AM
    You could have the trackpad as a home with a double click. Like for apps open on the iPhone 7.
    09-12-17 01:10 AM
87 123 ...