I agree 100%. The Toolbelt and the pkb go hand in hand. I've read a lot of KEYᵒⁿᵉ reviews and not one reviewer indicated that the physical keyboard was a step backwards. Now that a vkb only BlackBerry will be released soon there will be a style for everyone. So for the next iteration of the Key# it makes sense to go whole hog with the complete physical button set, and even including the trackpad. I definitely would go for that. In fact the "trackpad" double tap keyboard update could be the testing of the possibility of including some type of physical trackpad in the next version.
    Absolutely.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 08:46 AM
    How will the trackpad work as the home button?
    But yes I would Love the toolbelt.
    Definitely crave for a call answer and end button.

Posted via CB10
    Tap to select, press to home!
    09-16-17 08:49 AM
    Tap to select, press to home!
    I still don't get this requirement that the home button has to be in the middle. Call end has acted as the home button on every BlackBerry with a call end key...
    09-16-17 11:56 AM
    Since when did adding a useful functionality mean going backward.
    Bezel less design is just form over function.
    I don't really see its appeal other than aesthetics.
    Tool belt would actually add a lot of functionality.

Posted via CB10
    That’s the exact reason why BB failed. People in general are not looking at just aesthetics or just functionality. They want both

You ever watched the original Steve Jobs Keynote? Where he introduced the original iPhone? His bet was that people would prefer the versability of a touch screen keyboard that would be adapted to different languages and apps... than the functionality of a physical keyboard.

And his bet was right. People prefer to tradeoff a physical keyboard with better precision with a virtual keyboard that can accomplish more tasks.

The toolbelt is the same... Rememeber, when you sell phone, think of what everyone else in general would accept. Not what you want
    09-16-17 01:08 PM
    That’s the exact reason why BB failed. People in general are not looking at just aesthetics or just functionality. They want both

You ever watched the original Steve Jobs Keynote? Where he introduced the original iPhone? His bet was that people would prefer the versability of a touch screen keyboard that would be adapted to different languages and apps... than the functionality of a physical keyboard.

And his bet was right. People prefer to tradeoff a physical keyboard with better precision with a virtual keyboard that can accomplish more tasks.

The toolbelt is the same... Rememeber, when you sell phone, think of what everyone else in general would accept. Not what you want
    Well looking at KEYone sales (as told by TCL) looks like people do want the PKB. And the tool belt is likely going to please more of the people in that crowd than upset.
    So definitely not just talking about what I want.
    You could say that about PKB also but the KEYone is selling well.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 03:11 PM
    Well looking at KEYone sales (as told by TCL) looks like people do want the PKB. And the tool belt is likely going to please more of the people in that crowd than upset.
    So definitely not just talking about what I want.
    You could say that about PKB also but the KEYone is selling well.

Posted via CB10
    KeyOne is selling well??????!!!

It sells number is most probably lower than the Z10 at launch
    09-16-17 04:06 PM
    KeyOne is selling well??????!!!

It sells number is most probably lower than the Z10 at launch
    But selling more than what TCL anticipated or expected.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 08:09 PM
    But selling more than what TCL anticipated or expected.

Posted via CB10
    Haha and how many did they expected to sell? 100,000? 500,000?

There’s a difference between expected to sell and selling well. Big difference.
    09-16-17 08:45 PM

Absolutely, but it's doing better than whatever modest target TCL set for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 11:21 PM

Um, so you think TCL set out a goal to lose money? They had an expected sales amount and scaled their investments into the phone so that if they meet those expectations they will profit. The problem with the Z10 was that BlackBerry expected to sell millions of them, and scaled the company to do so, then didn't meet expectations. The fact that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is exceeding expectations means that this partnership can be a profitable one for them, which means developing a phone with features their current market, however small it may be, would desire could also be just as profitable. So what's the problem? Will making a profit sink the company?
    09-17-17 10:06 AM
    Um, so you think TCL set out a goal to lose money? They had an expected sales amount and scaled their investments into the phone so that if they meet those expectations they will profit. The problem with the Z10 was that BlackBerry expected to sell millions of them, and scaled the company to do so, then didn't meet expectations. The fact that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is exceeding expectations means that this partnership can be a profitable one for them, which means developing a phone with features their current market, however small it may be, would desire could also be just as profitable. So what's the problem? Will making a profit sink the company?
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 10:34 AM
    Would love a green send / red end button. No need for trackpad but send/back/home/tasks/end would work!
    09-17-17 10:41 AM
    Not really, the Classic pretty much required two clicks to end a call and we got used to that like within an hour of using it...
    Huh?

I press red end button, call ends on my classic. Why two clicks?
    09-17-17 10:42 AM
    Yeah but Android will most probably try to follow apple and eliminate the soft keys. You have to think ahead... not backward!
    You have to think different not necessarily ahead.

A glass slab is thinking ahead?

Just get rid of any touch requirement, voice is thinking ahead right? Get rid of the volume rocker, that's just from years ago.

I agree that you have to change but some things don't have to change for the sake of change (removing earphone input, removing a button)
    09-17-17 10:49 AM
    Yes... there’s a thing called “economic profit”

No one wants to invest millions in a company that makes )10$ in profit (you said a profit is a profit???)

For BB to be “economically profitable” they need to make devices (if they want to stay in hardware) or offer services that will be economically profitable.... not just make a few dollars.

So you’re wrong... it has to be more than just be profitable, it has to be economically profitable or else they lose all their investors
    Last edited by bobshine; 09-17-17 at 12:08 PM.
    09-17-17 11:39 AM
    Iphone X is copying BB10 and they also copied webOS cards
    09-17-17 02:29 PM
    Yes... there’s a thing called “economic profit”

No one wants to invest millions in a company that makes )10$ in profit (you said a profit is a profit???)

For BB to be “economically profitable” they need to make devices (if they want to stay in hardware) or offer services that will be economically profitable.... not just make a few dollars.

So you’re wrong... it has to be more than just be profitable, it has to be economically profitable or else they lose all their investors
    Invest millions into a company? What are you going on about? TCL entered into this agreement to use their name and they are making devices at a certain volume with a certain profit margin. That's what they want to do, if it's meeting that, then what exactly is your point? Because it's not reaching the levels of iphones they should just stop doing it? I really don't understand why you think they shouldn't do something if it works for them and meets their goals...
    09-17-17 03:54 PM
    Huh?

I press red end button, call ends on my classic. Why two clicks?
    Go out of the phone app during a call. Tell me how many clicks it takes.
    09-17-17 03:56 PM
    Invest millions into a company? What are you going on about? TCL entered into this agreement to use their name and they are making devices at a certain volume with a certain profit margin. That's what they want to do, if it's meeting that, then what exactly is your point? Because it's not reaching the levels of iphones they should just stop doing it? I really don't understand why you think they shouldn't do something if it works for them and meets their goals...
    What makes you think that it meets their goals? Or BB goals?

You do understand that people invest money in TCL and BB right?

Well what would those people say if they learn something like this:

ok we just entered into an agreement with BB. We put in about 1,000,000$ of your money. But don’t worry! We sold enough devices make a profit of 10,000$!

No matter how you spin it, it’s about «*economic profit*» and not about absolute profit like you say. Even if it’s a joint venture, they need to be viable economically.

And it’s not because it met their «*goal*» that it’s profitable economically. Anyone, where does it say that it met their sales goals?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-17-17 04:07 PM
    Go out of the phone app during a call. Tell me how many clicks it takes.
    Sorry I tend to focus on the call and not jump around
    09-17-17 04:20 PM
    What makes you think that it meets their goals? Or BB goals?

You do understand that people invest money in TCL and BB right?

Well what would those people say if they learn something like this:

ok we just entered into an agreement with BB. We put in about 1,000,000$ of your money. But don’t worry! We sold enough devices make a profit of 10,000$!

No matter how you spin it, it’s about «*economic profit*» and not about absolute profit like you say. Even if it’s a joint venture, they need to be viable economically.

And it’s not because it met their «*goal*» that it’s profitable economically. Anyone, where does it say that it met their sales goals?
    Um, so let's go back to what I asked before. So they set out to lose money then? Because you realize when they sell out of them, it means it's selling more than they were producing, so you think they would produce under their own goals?
    09-17-17 04:22 PM
    Um, so let's go back to what I asked before. So they set out to lose money then? Because you realize when they sell out of them, it means it's selling more than they were producing, so you think they would produce under their own goals?
    Who knows what happened! They may have purposely produced less because they needed to cut their losses. What makes you think that selling out means that they are making good profit?

If they were doing well, we would had seen numbers by now. They would brag about it. But not BB or TCL has mentioned any numbers.
    09-17-17 05:10 PM
    Who knows what happened! They may have purposely produced less because they needed to cut their losses. What makes you think that selling out means that they are making good profit?

If they were doing well, we would had seen numbers by now. They would brag about it. But not BB or TCL has mentioned any numbers.
    The conversation isn't about good or bad profit
    What he's implying is they are making a profit probably more than they had expected to make.
    I am sure they must have set their expectations at a certain level and not at $10.
    And they KEYone is not only meeting those expectations but also exceeding them.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 09:01 PM
    The conversation isn't about good or bad profit
    What he's implying is they are making a profit probably more than they had expected to make.
    I am sure they must have set their expectations at a certain level and not at $10.
    And they KEYone is not only meeting those expectations but also exceeding them.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you get your info that they are exceeding expectations???
    09-17-17 09:52 PM
    Where do you get your info that they are exceeding expectations???
    Um, the fact that the demand was above supply. Again, unless you are implying that they produced under their expectations because they wanted to lose money...
    09-17-17 10:00 PM
87 1234