double click is a great idea
    09-12-17 10:22 AM
    I was expecting this before the release of KEYone and I hope we can see it happen some day because the tool belt is what I love the most about BlackBerry. The trackpad and the rows of keys that I just love pressing all the time. Feels more like a BlackBerry with the tool belt.
    09-13-17 01:57 AM
    Wait forget home button. Just BB10 like swipe gesture😂
    09-13-17 11:40 PM
    Dont you feel that would be a little confusing to the normal user?
    Most people would accept the call end button to end the call in a single click?
    Atleast this ways we can have it work. But I am not sure how practical/efficient it will be in daily use.
    Buts the only way to implement the tool belt I guess
    Not really, the Classic pretty much required two clicks to end a call and we got used to that like within an hour of using it...
    09-15-17 02:50 PM
    You could have the trackpad as a home with a double click. Like for apps open on the iPhone 7.
    I mean, I guess that COULD work, but don't really get why. You'd be clicking a whole lot of times on that track pad if it was used as a trackpad and as the home button with double clicks every time. Is there a reason that the home button HAS to be in the middle? Is it because Apple and Samsung does it that way?
    09-15-17 02:53 PM
    OMG BB may as well go bankrupt. They need to advance, not go back. Beside the few people here that wants a tool belt, there isn’t really a market.

And it would help shake the image that BB is old and archaic. I can already hear tech reviewer say the tool belt is a waste of realestate.
    09-15-17 03:02 PM
    OMG BB may as well go bankrupt. They need to advance, not go back. Beside the few people here that wants a tool belt, there isn’t really a market.

And it would help shake the image that BB is old and archaic. I can already hear tech reviewer say the tool belt is a waste of realestate.
    The Tool Belt wouldn't take up any more screen then the Android soft keys already do. The Tool Belt would also prevent the accidental closing of the screen etc, and the buttons could be multifunctional depending on what is being used.
    Harry Flores likes this.
    09-15-17 03:13 PM
    The Tool Belt wouldn't take up any more screen then the Android soft keys already do. The Tool Belt would also prevent the accidental closing of the screen etc, and the buttons could be multifunctional depending on what is being used.
    Yeah but Android will most probably try to follow apple and eliminate the soft keys. You have to think ahead... not backward!
    09-15-17 03:33 PM

"Newer has to be better!"

Lol, it's simply how you interface with the phone. That's purely personal preference. Advancing would be to have a modern CPU and have modern software, which is something we all want it to have. Simply conforming to how other phone companies do things isn't "advancing." In fact, combining the pkb and toolbelt with Android and modern specs is actually something that hasn't been done, so it's actually "newer" than what others have right now. Sometimes advancing is not simply replacing everything with something different. Combining things that haven't been combined before or using something in a way that it hasn't been before actually counts as advancing in technology...

But anyway, let's just get back to the simple idea of "newer has to be better!" Lol
    Smokeaire and Harry Flores like this.
    09-15-17 03:45 PM
    Yeah but Android will most probably try to follow apple and eliminate the soft keys. You have to think ahead... not backward!
    Which would be like the BlackBerry swipe, which is a feature of a now outdated OS. Going backward.
    09-15-17 03:49 PM
    Apple hasn't had those soft keys in... ever... you realize they've always only had the home button right? If Android was going to follow that philosophy it would have ages ago...
    09-15-17 03:52 PM
    I'm assuming you don't own a KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Am I correct?
    09-15-17 03:59 PM
    I am saying that in future Android versions, they will most probably be feature based. Since the trend is toward bezel less devices.

So if BB does bring back the tool belt (assuming they can), they will just be going backward. It would be a bold move, but you should only do such a move if there’s a market for it.
    09-15-17 04:13 PM
    I am saying that in future Android versions, they will most probably be feature based. Since the trend is toward bezel less devices.

So if BB does bring back the tool belt (assuming they can), they will just be going backward. It would be a bold move, but you should only do such a move if there’s a market for it.
    Since when did adding a useful functionality mean going backward.
    Bezel less design is just form over function.
    I don't really see its appeal other than aesthetics.
    Tool belt would actually add a lot of functionality.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 08:12 PM
    I'd love to see the KEYone with a OEM belt clip case, would be awesome.....
    09-15-17 08:42 PM
    Since when did adding a useful functionality mean going backward.
    Bezel less design is just form over function.
    I don't really see its appeal other than aesthetics.
    Tool belt would actually add a lot of functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Because "newer has to be better!"
    09-15-17 08:47 PM
    Not really, the Classic pretty much required two clicks to end a call and we got used to that like within an hour of using it...
    I believe that's the only way of doing a tool belt on android.
    I think it would be best to have that as on option under call settings.
    "Single click to end call" which could be toggled on or off as per user preference.
    But by default it should be switched off.
    And ofcourse BlackBerry would have to do a compulsory set up tutorial.
    Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 08:51 PM
    I quite like the on-screen buttons to be honest. I thought it would bother me more, but it only took me a couple of hours to get used to - I sometimes hit them by accident when typing at first, but my muscle memory very quickly adjusted. I think the current Setup makes the best use of the screen real estate available.
    09-15-17 10:34 PM
    I believe that's the only way of doing a tool belt on android.
    I think it would be best to have that as on option under call settings.
    "Single click to end call" which could be toggled on or off as per user preference.
    But by default it should be switched off.
    And ofcourse BlackBerry would have to do a compulsory set up tutorial.
    Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking of what you'll use more often. I personally press the home button a whole lot more than I hang up calls. Plus I would want the home button behavior to be consistent with the other Android navigation buttons. It just wouldn't "flow" if all of them are single click then home is double click or long press. I would reserve the "different" behavior to ending the call instead since that's a one-off action...
    09-15-17 10:52 PM
    I'm thinking of what you'll use more often. I personally press the home button a whole lot more than I hang up calls. Plus I would want the home button behavior to be consistent with the other Android navigation buttons. It just wouldn't "flow" if all of them are single click then home is double click or long press. I would reserve the "different" behavior to ending the call instead since that's a one-off action...
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    The home button will be used more often. So that behaviour should be constant.
    But a option to end the call in a single click would not be a bad thing to have. (its only during a call that the end button will end the call and not take to you to the home screen. Otherwise it would function as a home button only)

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 11:08 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    The home button will be used more often. So that behaviour should be constant.
    But a option to end the call in a single click would not be a bad thing to have. (its only during a call that the end button will end the call and not take to you to the home screen. Otherwise it would function as a home button only)

Posted via CB10
    But I go to the homescreen while on a call to do other things all of the time. It wouldn't make sense to have it different for that one time only, I'll end up accidentally hanging up on people all of the time because I would instinctly do it the same way...
    09-15-17 11:14 PM
    But I go to the homescreen while on a call to do other things all of the time. It wouldn't make sense to have it different for that one time only, I'll end up accidentally hanging up on people all of the time because I would instinctly do it the same way...
    Absolutely. Which is why I am suggesting it as a user defined option under settings.
    By default it should exactly the way you have suggested.
    It would be nice to have an option to toggle that (if that is possible)
    But main question being will we ever see a tool belt on a BerryDroid?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 11:20 PM
    Absolutely. Which is why I am suggesting it as a user defined option under settings.
    By default it should exactly the way you have suggested.
    It would be nice to have an option to toggle that (if that is possible)
    But main question being will we ever see a tool belt on a BerryDroid?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, yah, I meant to address that in the previous reply but forgot, but yes, having it be an option is the best way to go, was just expressing how I'd do it on mine.

I doubt we'll see a toolbelt on a future device. Unfortunately those of us who are not fooled into the "newer has to be better!" mentality are actually the minority...
    09-16-17 01:22 AM
    Oh, yah, I meant to address that in the previous reply but forgot, but yes, having it be an option is the best way to go, was just expressing how I'd do it on mine.

I doubt we'll see a toolbelt on a future device. Unfortunately those of us who are not fooled into the "newer has to be better!" mentality are actually the minority...
    Yes even I would do mine that way.
    I really hope we do because people who will buy a PKB, really want that BlackBerry experience (Which is why there are still millions hanging onto their BBOS phones). The KEYone anyways has a row capacitative android buttons. Might as well replace that with the tool belt. I don't see anyone complaining (who actually wants that PKB and value it)
    They should very seriously look at doing that with the KEYtwo.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 01:27 AM
    Yes even I would do mine that way.
    I really hope we do because people who will buy a PKB, really want that BlackBerry experience (Which is why there are still millions hanging onto their BBOS phones). The KEYone anyways has a row capacitative android buttons. Might as well replace that with the tool belt. I don't see anyone complaining (who actually wants that PKB and value it)
    They should very seriously look at doing that with the KEYtwo.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%. The Toolbelt and the pkb go hand in hand. I've read a lot of KEYᵒⁿᵉ reviews and not one reviewer indicated that the physical keyboard was a step backwards. Now that a vkb only BlackBerry will be released soon there will be a style for everyone. So for the next iteration of the Key# it makes sense to go whole hog with the complete physical button set, and even including the trackpad. I definitely would go for that. In fact the "trackpad" double tap keyboard update could be the testing of the possibility of including some type of physical trackpad in the next version.
    09-16-17 07:10 AM
87 1234