I've got a BB Keyone (BB100-1) and it seem like I haven't had an update in months. I ran DTEK and it said FEB was last update. Checking for updates say's I have none.

Current Version: ABP819

I used to get monthly updates. Have updates ran out? Have they stopped for BB100-1's not purchased from AT&T? Anyone know what gives?

Thanks,

Roveer
    05-30-19 03:54 PM
    I had the same issue although mine is an AT&T phone. Last November I stopped getting updates. Every time I checked it said it was up to date. I got finally gave up and set it aside for the almost seven months.
    A few days ago I figured I'd try wiping the phone clean. Everything would be saved to the cloud so I figured if it worked I had nothing to lose.
    Sure enough after I started the phone back up I was able to do all the missing patches one month at a time. After that I did a restore and downloaded everything from the cloud back on my phone.
    I figured there was some sort of glitch but honestly IDK.
    05-30-19 06:43 PM
    05-30-19 11:06 PM
    So looking at the attachment my prd is 001 which from the table shows the last update in Feb ABP819 which is what is on my phone. AT&T is updating every month, but my PRD is not. oh well. Guess there's nothing that can be done at this point. No update available
    05-31-19 08:12 AM
    So looking at the attachment my prd is 001 which from the table shows the last update in Feb ABP819 which is what is on my phone. AT&T is updating every month, but my PRD is not. oh well. Guess there's nothing that can be done at this point. No update available
    You PRD # means you don't have an AT&T sold KEYone... just an unlocked KEYone that happens to work on AT&T. It's an unlocked phone and the only updates you'll see are those released by BBMo or that varriant.

Keep checking...
    05-31-19 08:19 AM
    You PRD # means you don't have an AT&T sold KEYone... just an unlocked KEYone that happens to work on AT&T. It's an unlocked phone and the only updates you'll see are those released by BBMo or that varriant.

Keep checking...
    And I've heard that unlocked phones on AT&T won't get AT&T updates so that part I understand. So the updates are coming from BBMO and AT&T is getting them out every month and BBMO is almost 4 months behind. That's disappointing to say the least. Doesn't inspire me to go out and buy a K2. My last phone (BB Torch 9810) I had for almost 8 years. Still miss the form factor.

Roveer
    kbrant64 likes this.
    05-31-19 12:02 PM
    And I've heard that unlocked phones on AT&T won't get AT&T updates so that part I understand. So the updates are coming from BBMO and AT&T is getting them out every month and BBMO is almost 4 months behind. That's disappointing to say the least. Doesn't inspire me to go out and buy a K2. My last phone (BB Torch 9810) I had for almost 8 years. Still miss the form factor.

Roveer
    Except the AT&T OS build is from Aug 2018 with monthly security patch hotfixes attached. Whereas the other devices have OSes from the same month that their patches are on.

AT&T took the easier path.
    05-31-19 12:29 PM

Roveer
    You didn't get updates for 8 years with that 9810...

For the "most part" BBMo device are all on the April patch... but there are a few variants like yours that aren't as well supported.

I expect many will use the KEYone for years to come... even without security patches.
    05-31-19 02:04 PM
    Except the AT&T OS build is from Aug 2018 with monthly security patch hotfixes attached. Whereas the other devices have OSes from the same month that their patches are on.

AT&T took the easier path.
    What's the difference? Isn't it the same version of Oreo?
    05-31-19 07:27 PM
    What's the difference? Isn't it the same version of Oreo?
    Same version, but different builds. One contains 6+ months of bug fixes, and the other doesn't.

Although as to how many there actually were, I don't know.
    Last edited by conite; 05-31-19 at 08:54 PM.
    05-31-19 08:44 PM
    You didn't get updates for 8 years with that 9810...

For the "most part" BBMo device are all on the April patch... but there are a few variants like yours that aren't as well supported.

I expect many will use the KEYone for years to come... even without security patches.
    I've seen apple play the game. Pefectly good iphone 5s and Verizon will not activate it on their network. All in an attempt to sell new hardware to keep the money train going. With BBMO stopping patches after 2 years I'm feeling like they are doing the same thing apple/verizon is doing, forcing new hardware purchase when old working hardware is perfectly good.

If AT&T can approve and push the patches, why can't BBMO? Carriers are notorious for not keeping up with updates and now BBMO which lauded security is falling behind. Makes it hard to keep supporting them when they don't support us.

Roveer
    06-07-19 12:02 PM