Hi.

Within the last couple of months, I've noticed that T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling on my KEYone no longer works.

Wi-Fi preferred and Wi-Fi only, toggle goes from Disabled to Enabling... and hangs.

Rebooting the KEYone doesn't work.

It's not a huge deal currently, as I'm in great cell coverage, but one day, should I be able to go back into the office (or go on vacation), I'm hoping that Wi-Fi Calling will work.

Anyone else experience broken Wi-Fi Calling recently?

I do have a support ticket open, but am hoping to hear if anyone else has experienced the same... and if there are known fixes. Maybe T-Mobile requires more recent OS patches?

KEYone specs:

BBB100-1
    Security Patch February 5, 2019
    ABP819
    Last edited by cbvinh; 08-31-20 at 02:37 PM.
    08-30-20 11:38 PM
    Hi.

Within the last couple of months, I've noticed that T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling on my KEYone no longer works.

Wi-Fi preferred and Wi-Fi only, toggle goes from Disabled to Enabling... and hangs.

Rebooting the KEYone doesn't work.

It's not a huge deal currently, as I'm in great cell coverage, but one day, should I be able to go back into the office (or go on vacation), I'm hoping that Wi-Fi Calling will work.

Anyone else experience broken Wi-Fi Calling recently?

I do have a support ticket open, but am hoping to hear if anyone else has experienced the same... and if there are known fixes. Maybe T-Mobile requires more recent OS patches?

KEYone specs:

BBB100-1
    February 5, 2019
    ABP819
    Did you happen to switch from postpaid account to prepaid account?
    08-31-20 06:58 AM
    Wi-Fi Calling definitely workED for T-Mobile prepaid.
    08-31-20 07:46 AM
    Wi-Fi Calling definitely workED for T-Mobile prepaid.
    Not in the last two years in the USA regardless of how many times I’ve asked CSRs on phone and visited stores.

The BE KEYone, from my understanding according to CSRs of T-Mobile, that WFC is postpaid supported only. Neither it nor a second line with the Motion can be provisioned. Not on a supported device list.

The Key2 isn’t officially WFC supported prepaid or postpaid for some reason. Shortly after Key2 release, an update was pushed out to rollback to older version OS and there’s another older modem fix but that’s official position.
    08-31-20 08:24 AM
    Did you happen to switch from postpaid account to prepaid account?
    No changes in postpaid plan, wi-fi hardware, ISP, etc. It just stopped working one day.
    08-31-20 02:35 PM
    No changes in postpaid plan, wi-fi hardware, ISP, etc. It just stopped working one day.
    With the Sprint merger, I’ve said that some past carrier policies may be changed to force people towards carrier purchased hardware. I’m curious if this has started happening with T-Mobile keeping in mind AT&T, VZW and Sprint were already doing this.

I believe you can pay extra for Digits “service” from T-Mobile but I’m not familiar since my primary carrier is AT&T for postpaid. I’ve been testing out T-Mobile but I’m not getting improvements over my current situation.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    08-31-20 02:54 PM
    With the Sprint merger, I’ve said that some past carrier policies may be changed to force people towards carrier purchased hardware. I’m curious if this has started happening with T-Mobile keeping in mind AT&T, VZW and Sprint were already doing this.
    Not that carriers would ever do that, right? :-)
    08-31-20 03:18 PM

I believe you can pay extra for Digits “service” from T-Mobile but I’m not familiar since my primary carrier is AT&T for postpaid. I’ve been testing out T-Mobile but I’m not getting improvements over my current situation.
    When Digits was first announced, I installed it onto a tablet to see if it worked, and it did. I haven't fired it up from the tablet in a while, so I don't know if it was a trial or if I have it included in my plan.

It would be pretty disappointing if they just removed the feature for no reason other than pushing people onto their branded phones. T-Mobile had been all about bringing your own phone.
    08-31-20 03:26 PM
    When Digits was first announced, I installed it onto a tablet to see if it worked, and it did. I haven't fired it up from the tablet in a while, so I don't know if it was a trial or if I have it included in my plan.

It would be pretty disappointing if they just removed the feature for no reason other than pushing people onto their branded phones. T-Mobile had been all about bringing your own phone.
    Until they bought the carrier that was 180 degrees opposite and those customers have been waiting for 6 months to upgrade their phones. Sprint customers are used to carrier locked and excited to be merged into T-Mobile so I doubt they’re complaining.
    08-31-20 04:32 PM

One does not pay extra for DIGITS service on unlimited postpaid T-Mobile plans.
    09-02-20 11:58 AM
    One does not pay extra for DIGITS service on unlimited postpaid T-Mobile plans.
    I wasn’t sure of all details. Do you have WFC alone supported without DIGITS too?
    09-02-20 10:36 PM
    If you are on a T-Mobile unlimited plan, Wi-Fi calling is included. It might or might not work if you did not buy your device from TMO.

Wi-Fi Calling from T-Mobile
    09-03-20 03:56 PM
    I wasn’t sure of all details. Do you have WFC alone supported without DIGITS too?
    Yes on my BE KeyOne and unlimited 4 line plan. At present my SIM is in my new A71 5G so using DIGITS on KeyOne. All messanging and calling works A-OK.
    09-04-20 12:14 PM
    I have not had any recent problems with TM WIFI calling
    I have my settings
    Network and internet

WIFI Calling - toggle (ON)
    (check) cellular network preferred
    09-11-20 12:18 PM
    I have not had any recent problems with TM WIFI calling
    I have my settings
    Network and internet

WIFI Calling - toggle (ON)
    (check) cellular network preferred
    Which device? Which plan and postpaid?
    09-11-20 01:31 PM
    my tmo wifi calling is not working either. is there a real solution in this forum?
    09-12-20 02:52 PM
    my tmo wifi calling is not working either. is there a real solution in this forum?
    As you can read here, it depends on who you ask here. Either it does or it doesn't and no rhyme or reason. There are various threads here with possible solutions.

Try @Summer_Moon for questions beyond listed thread

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rking-1163485/
    09-12-20 02:56 PM
    the link does not open
    09-12-20 07:06 PM
    the link does not open
    I just opened from my device. I'm not sure what else you can do.
    09-12-20 07:27 PM
    As you can read here, it depends on who you ask here. Either it does or it doesn't and no rhyme or reason. There are various threads here with possible solutions.

Try @Summer_Moon for questions beyond listed thread

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rking-1163485/
    Thanks for this link! This gave me a new avenue to check...

I checked the Phone Information->... (three dots top right)->IMS service status and got this on my KEYone:

IMS status

IMS Registration: Not registered
    Voice over LTE: Unavailable
    Voice over Wi-Fi: Unavailable
    Video Calling: Unavailable
    UT Interface: Unavailable

On the main Phone info page itself...

RUN PING TEST works, all Pass for IPv4, IPv6 and HTTP client test

VoLTE provisioned ON
    Wi-Fi calling provisioned ON

I called TMO with this info and the T-Mobile Expert line said that the KEYone is supported, that they've seen other people report having issues after upgrading to Oreo 8.1, and they see my phone as IMS registered on their end.

Their next step was to contact BlackBerry and today being a Sunday, it was doubtful that they would be able to contact them. After 10 minutes, the line dropped and I haven't received a call back.
    10-18-20 05:54 PM
    Another follow-up...

The solution provided in Summer Moon's posts are for the KEY2, which presents a problem, as it requires reverting the modem driver with a provided file. Conceptually, perhaps this works with the KEYone too, to revert the modem driver with an appropriate file, however...

My KEYone is on ABP819, Android version 8.1.0, Security Patch Level February 5, 2019, which came out in February 2019.

I know for sure that Wi-Fi Calling worked in April/May 2019, when I was traveling, so the ABP819 modem driver should work.

I spoke to TMO again and their Expert said that IMS registration is on and usually the problem is with the phone. Further, they also scan CrackBerry to find solutions, so perhaps posting here just presents a circular loop.

On the off chance that an older modem driver works...

1. How does one go about extracting an older modem driver?
    2. How to install just the modem driver?
    3. Is it easy enough to revert back, in case it doesn't work?
    11-19-20 06:14 AM
    I am having the same problem since about a month ago. I don't remember seeing an update but I could have missed it. I am on Adroid version 8.1.0 now, I don't remember when i was on a different version, I don't look at that. T-mobile support team did a few basic resets/troubleshooting and concluded that they can't help me and pointed me to Blackberrymobile.com. Went through that and I was told that since my phone was unlocked and not purchased from T-mobile, that feature will not be working ANYMORE because of incompatibility with T-mobile settings.... seemed to suggest that T-mobile took away that feature from phones they don't sell... they said they would send me an email from "upper management" with a more detailed explanation, I will post it when I get it. I did not buy the phone from T-mobile because... they DON'T SELL BBB!! And I refuse to give up on my BBB! So anybody with any suggestions and solutions, please chime in and try to be kind on those of us that do not understand high level tech lingo...
    11-20-20 04:03 PM
    I am having the same problem since about a month ago. I don't remember seeing an update but I could have missed it. I am on Adroid version 8.1.0 now, I don't remember when i was on a different version, I don't look at that. T-mobile support team did a few basic resets/troubleshooting and concluded that they can't help me and pointed me to Blackberrymobile.com. Went through that and I was told that since my phone was unlocked and not purchased from T-mobile, that feature will not be working ANYMORE because of incompatibility with T-mobile settings.... seemed to suggest that T-mobile took away that feature from phones they don't sell... they said they would send me an email from "upper management" with a more detailed explanation, I will post it when I get it. I did not buy the phone from T-mobile because... they DON'T SELL BBB!! And I refuse to give up on my BBB! So anybody with any suggestions and solutions, please chime in and try to be kind on those of us that do not understand high level tech lingo...
    @bh7171 - so you still have WFC separately or using Digits in place of?
    11-20-20 07:01 PM
    My BE is on WiFi right now so using DIGITS. I'll throw my SIM in the BE tomorrow- getting ready to run off to a Futsal training- and then let all know here what mine is doing with my T-Mobile account.
    @bh7171 - so you still have WFC separately or using Digits in place of?
    11-20-20 07:08 PM
    bh7171 - I am not sure what you mean, I am really sorry, I am not very experienced in messing around with my phone. Is Digits an app? The WFC feature was built into the phone, i did not have to do anything to get it working other than turn it on. Is Digitd an appt i should download that may restore WFC capability?
    11-20-20 07:10 PM
46 12