01-30-19 12:11 PM
40 12
tools
    Can you sync files from Keyone to pc like you could with Passport using blackberry link? Does Keyone use blackberry link?
    06-04-17 05:10 PM
    There is no BlackBerry Link for BlackBerry Android OS. Google Drive, Box, DropBox, etc. are your best options to transfer and/or synchronize files between devices.
    Plazmic Flame and FF22 like this.
    06-04-17 05:44 PM
    Luckily for Android users, almost anything is possible. You might want to look for an app called "FolderSync", but I really like AirDroid for transferring files between device and PC.
    06-04-17 06:03 PM
    There is no BlackBerry Link for BlackBerry Android OS. Google Drive, Box, DropBox, etc. are your best options to transfer and/or synchronize files between devices.
    I tried to copy something from OneDrive down to my K1, but couldn't figure out how to do it...
    06-04-17 06:06 PM
    I tried to copy something from OneDrive down to my K1, but couldn't figure out how to do it...
    Install OneDrive on KEYone.
    Open OneDrive on KEYone.
    Find file you want to save on KEYone in OneDrive.
    Tap More button in the top corner of the screen and then tap Save.
    Tap the arrow at Save to this location to see folders on your device.
    Pick a folder for the downloaded files, then tap Save.
    06-04-17 06:53 PM
    Or just plug it into the pc, swipe down on phone and choose file transfer and drag and drop files onto phone or from phone to PC as you would with a USB stick. Don't really need any apps.
    06-04-17 08:27 PM
    Coming from the Blackberry Passport to the Keyone. This was the strongest part of the Passport. Sync (wifi) for any documents, video, music, files, etc changes. so they were available at any given moment. Could also click on a file via internet through the laptop REMOTE with not additional software. I am surprised to see no easy way for the HYPED up Keyone.
    Nels and gsgdadgasg like this.
    06-04-17 10:01 PM
    Coming from the Blackberry Passport to the Keyone. This was the strongest part of the Passport. Sync (wifi) for any documents, video, music, files, etc changes. so they were available at any given moment. Could also click on a file via internet through the laptop REMOTE with not additional software. I am surprised to see no easy way for the HYPED up Keyone.
    Many file managers on android have the remote file access feature that BlackBerry file manager had. There are several ways.
    06-04-17 10:16 PM
    Or just plug it into the pc, swipe down on phone and choose file transfer and drag and drop files onto phone or from phone to PC as you would with a USB stick. Don't really need any apps.
    Unless you have a blazing fast internet connection or only transfer small documents, I second the advice to plug it in and transfer like any USB hard drive, especially for photos and videos.
    06-04-17 10:42 PM
    I like MobileGo. It simulates Link well and updates files, pictures, videos, and Contacts. It even transfers Contacts to Outlook.
    06-04-17 11:53 PM
    I was really hoping blackberry was able to keep waht was awesome about it in conjunction with android. Looks like that is not the case. By gollay the changed the charing port as well. That blows for my awesome dock chargers at home office etc that now will not fit and I will have to carry two different types.
    06-05-17 01:09 AM
    I assume that you mean settings when you say swipe down. Where is "file transfer" in the settings?
    06-10-17 06:14 PM
    I dont think there is file transfer in setting...
    06-15-17 07:07 AM
    I assume that you mean settings when you say swipe down. Where is "file transfer" in the settings?
    I think when it's plugged in the option is in the pull down.
    jimjoeb likes this.
    06-15-17 07:16 AM
    I think when it's plugged in the option is in the pull down.
    OK, I have been looking for 30 minutes, I have my KeyOne plugged in by USB to my computer and chose Charging and Data from the pop up, but when I pull down from the top menu, there is no File Transfer and I want to move some files from my phone to my computer. Does anyone know where this option is?? No drive is popping up on my MAC like it normally would
    06-17-17 11:38 AM
    Hi. I know nothing about mac's and don't have a keyone. This what I get when I plug my phone into my pc.
    06-17-17 12:02 PM
    Hi. I know nothing about mac's and don't have a keyone. This what I get when I plug my phone into my pc. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...640937b045.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...26da1e03d8.jpg
    I get that option screen as well and I choose Transfer Files, but nothing shows up as a drive on my MAC
    06-17-17 12:04 PM
    I see you have a new thread. I'm sure someone else with a Mac will help you. Good luck.
    dollface likes this.
    06-17-17 12:13 PM
    After I plugged my KeyOne into the computer via USB, I selected "Charge & Data" and then "Transfer files", and on my PC got the usual popup to select what to do with this new device. I selected "Open device to view files". The first time I did it, only the internal files showed up. Then I unplugged my phone, plugged it in again, and followed the same sequence; this time, my SD card files also showed up, just like they used to on my Z30. It's easy and I'm happy! Thank you kbz1960.
    07-10-17 02:10 PM
    I click on "Charge and Data" and I see a green line run up the right side of the KEYone, I can hear the computer acknowledging the connection but a drive never appears on the computer. I have been working on this thing for an hour plugging in and un-plugging to my Windows 7 and it is not showing. How do I simply see it as a drive like I did the Classic????
    08-01-17 12:40 AM
    I click on "Charge and Data" and I see a green line run up the right side of the KEYone, I can hear the computer acknowledging the connection but a drive never appears on the computer. I have been working on this thing for an hour plugging in and un-plugging to my Windows 7 and it is not showing. How do I simply see it as a drive like I did the Classic????
    Sometimes there will be a half circle diagram that provides options. If you miss it or it does not appear, SWIPE down for Notices, scan the list for "in charging mode" (or similar) and tap it. Then change to allow File Transfer via usb. It should then show on your device and allow you to navigate folders.
    08-02-17 12:44 PM
    You can also get the file without the use of the OneDrive app by using ASUS File Manager. You find the file in that app, long press, select additional if needed, and copy it over.
    08-02-17 03:45 PM
    I'm a little late to this thread but I just got my KeyOne a few days ago. When I plug into USB on my PC, there is NO pop-up at all , never mind the green ring I've seen mentioned elsewhere, nor does the "pull-down" show me anything but the wifi, cell service, battery life, etc. And on the PC the "BlackBerry BBB100-1" shows under Computer, but clicking it shows no folders or files (as my Classic would). Something I need to install to make file transfers work? Thanks.
    09-06-17 07:40 PM
    this may be the age where we all of us will slowly stop plugging usb cables between device and computer and .... yes, Google drive! arrghh.. (haven't been able to transfer my Napster files for a while now...)
    09-06-17 08:35 PM
    I'm a little late to this thread but I just got my KeyOne a few days ago. When I plug into USB on my PC, there is NO pop-up at all , never mind the green ring I've seen mentioned elsewhere, nor does the "pull-down" show me anything but the wifi, cell service, battery life, etc. And on the PC the "BlackBerry BBB100-1" shows under Computer, but clicking it shows no folders or files (as my Classic would). Something I need to install to make file transfers work? Thanks.
    After a bit of trial and error, I just found out how to make it work. Enable your developer options (by pressing the Build number 7-8 times) and go in and scroll down under "networking" select "select USB Configuration" and select "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)"
    BillWCH and miasma-gas like this.
    09-11-17 12:16 AM
40 12