When I am typing on my physical keyboard and I press the symbol key to use a symbol. After pressing that symbol. The keyboard should automatically allow me to continue typing letters. However all of a sudden the symbol key doesn't go unless I tap something else to remove.

It is very unsmooth. How do I change this back to the way it was ?
    08-01-17 03:31 PM
    mine was like that from day one. after hitting "sym" have to hit the keyboard logo on vkb to get rid of it.
    08-01-17 04:09 PM
    When I am typing on my physical keyboard and I press the symbol key to use a symbol. After pressing that symbol. The keyboard should automatically allow me to continue typing letters. However all of a sudden the symbol key doesn't go unless I tap something else to remove.

It is very unsmooth. How do I change this back to the way it was ?
    I think it has been suggested that it is a bug and we can hope it is changed.
    08-01-17 04:22 PM
    I think it has been suggested that it is a bug and we can hope it is changed.
    I don't know. Mine was normal. Then it became like this. Then it fixed. And now it's come back again.

I think it's accidentally turned on by a combination of buttons pressed.
    It reaalllly affects the speed of typing
    08-01-17 04:32 PM
    mine was like that from day one. after hitting "sym" have to hit the keyboard logo on vkb to get rid of it.
    It's normal, unfortunately. I hope for a fix as well. I would prefer swiping down for the symbols, like on the Passport. In the meantime you can also just press the symbol key two more times for it to dissappear. That way at least you won't have to touch the screen.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-17 04:49 PM
    Three more times for it to disappear, unfortunately...
    08-04-17 02:04 AM
    It's been discussed already a few times in other threads.
    It wasn't the case originally but after update they have Symbols.

Again it's not a big issue, you get used to it. The phone isn't like Passport and it has a dedicated button for Symbols. Passport needed the swipe down.

I am actually happy with the on-screen symbols. It helps you use the virtual keyboard for swiping without it hiding away.

If you want to input only one Symbol, then keep the Sym key pressed and choose the symbol, either from on-screen or using PKB and let go Sym key.
    08-04-17 05:23 AM