Question>!? So should we wait and not get the black edition then???
    I had the same dilemma. I pulled the trigger and got the Black Edition yesterday. I would be kicking myself if I didn't and I had to end up waiting until second half of next year to get the newer one.
    11-13-17 12:49 PM
    the article doesn't say anything to suggest this is a KEYone successor. It could be an entirely new device like a new slider to replace the Priv since TCL did say they were building out a full phone portfolio and that isn't finished as yet
    11-13-17 01:33 PM
    the article doesn't say anything to suggest this is a KEYone successor. It could be an entirely new device like a new slider to replace the Priv since TCL did say they were building out a full phone portfolio and that isn't finished as yet
    Your correct. I think what most people mean by KEYone successor is a new PKB Blackberry. However I think consensus is a slider is much more unlikely than a KEYone style successor.
    11-13-17 01:59 PM
    The codename Juno is history. Bla1ze has noted that in a thread. Don't think it's another slab.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    I wouldn't expect many, if any, slabs going forward from BlackBerry Mobile. Just look at Motion, even that only hit select markets.
    11-13-17 04:19 PM
    It's codenamed "Juno". Let's all cross our fingers that it's not just another slab.
    it was announced back in january on a cnet article that BBMobile was planning to release 3 devices this year (if possible) which was the keyone, and the successor to the dtek 50 and 60.. has everyone forgotten this?
    11-13-17 04:37 PM
    It only makes sense regardless. Bbmobile said back in the Spring " they are in this for the long haul" the name of the device alone suggests a series "key1 , Key2 key3
    I created a thread about the naming convention on the KEYone that didn't get much attention, but I hate KEYtwo or KEYthree.. I would much rather they keep the KEYone name and add something like KEYone Bold, or KEYone Q10, KEYone Curve, etc. -OR- the conventional naming that everyone else has gone with, like KEYone S, S2, G, G2, E, E2
    ppeters914 and cyberdoggie like this.
    11-13-17 04:41 PM
    I had the Keyone and sent it back. Motion doesnt interest me too much, but a key2 does. if they could find a way to slice the top off the keyone( no speaker or camera above the screen) it would be killer imo. keep the screen size but make it a bit shorter , I bet that would look fantastic and I would buy it .
    Huh? 5 total posts, weird someone that has never posted here would say something like that.
    11-13-17 05:39 PM
    I would love to see a KEYtwo released in the future but I love my KEYᵒⁿᵉ as is. I would like a louder speaker while on speakerphone but other than that I'm completely satisfied with my silver CDMA variant.
    11-13-17 05:43 PM
    I wouldn't expect many, if any, slabs going forward from BlackBerry Mobile. Just look at Motion, even that only hit select markets.
    I'd say that makes a lot of sense.
    At least till the time they can build a slab that can stand it more ways than just battery life and build quality IMO.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-13-17 05:45 PM
    sure is weird
    11-13-17 05:51 PM
    Huh? 5 total posts, weird someone that has never posted here would say something like that.
    His idea is better than any TCL has had.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 08:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    And where would you suggest the indicator light, the speaker and front facing camera go? You just want a small slit for the earpiece like and iPhone? The KEYᵒⁿᵉ design is on point, many owners love it, the opposite opinion is the rarity.
    11-13-17 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    His idea of not having anything on top (camera, sensors, speaker). So where exactly would you and him like those to be placed?
    11-13-17 08:54 PM
    Can somebody explain to me how a human is supposed to perceive any stereo effect from speakers only a few centimetres away from each other? Putting stereo speakers in the bottom of the KEYone wouldn't make ANY sense.

Also wireless charging? Why? I need to charge my KEYone every second night. Plugging it in takes like 2 seconds. And the USB-C socket is certified for at least 10.000 pluggings. Even with charging it daily that would mean like 27 years before the socket might break.

I'd rather have full dual-SIM PLUS MicroSD support.

I'm a bit vary about the hardware touch buttons. On one hand it's nice to have them always available. (Esp. games tend to hide the on-screen nav bar so you have to swipe first to get it back and then be quick before it hides again.) Maybe even make them actual keys. But OTOH they take up precious device space and with Android O's new customisation features, an on-screen customisable nav bar might also be a nice thing to have in the next KEYone.

I wouldn't change the keyboard. I'm very happy with the glossy (=good swiping capabilities) keys and the "frets" in between rows.

However, they should add a "ridiculous" amount of RAM to the new device. Something like 6 or 8GB.
    Parker_Lewis likes this.
    11-14-17 06:10 AM

I wouldn't change the keyboard. I'm very happy with the glossy (=good swiping capabilities) keys and the "frets" in between rows
    Strongly disagree. Glossy keys make it much grippier on the fingertips than flat black keys like the Priv. This results in much less smooth scrolling.

Honestly, after temporarily moving to a Priv after my KEYone, I can almost surely say that the Priv keyboard is nicer. I use the Priv KB to scroll much more often than the KEYone.

KEYone is better as far as clickiness/key resistance and key travel
    Priv has a much better key texture, more slippery therefore more enjoyable to swipe on

IMO
    11-14-17 07:28 AM
    the PRIV keys become glossy with use from finger oils!!
    11-14-17 05:30 PM
    KEYtwo
    4.5 inch Amoled Screen with 3:2 or 4:3 ratio edge to edge screen .
    3 row keyboard like passport, Android keys should be placed on screen as soft keys ., so that the height of device is less.
    4000 mah battery .
    Water resistant if possible .
    Stereo speakers as good as passport .
    Cameras as good as Google pixel
    Two variants with 4GB / 64gb, 6 GB / 64gb and sd 660 processor.
    12-13-17 11:11 AM
    KEYtwo
    4.5 inch Amoled Screen with 3:2 or 4:3 ratio edge to edge screen .
    3 row keyboard like passport, Android keys should be placed on screen as soft keys ., so that the height of device is less.
    4000 mah battery .
    Water resistant if possible .
    Stereo speakers as good as passport .
    Cameras as good as Google pixel
    Two variants with 4GB / 64gb, 6 GB / 64gb and sd 660 processor.
    All looks good except for 3 row keyboard.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    12-13-17 11:23 AM
    Can't wait for keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 11:32 AM
    Move on. Stop thinking the old design in the current trend of the smart phone.
    12-13-17 04:08 PM
    Move on. Stop thinking the old design in the current trend of the smart phone.
    Wrong, from the leaks which appeared a few weeks ago already, the BBF100 device has a physical keyboard, as well as the same resolution as the KEYone (which again that by itself confirms a PKB) and also sports a SD660
    12-14-17 06:00 AM
    Wrong, from the leaks which appeared a few weeks ago already, the BBF100 device has a physical keyboard, as well as the same resolution as the KEYone (which again that by itself confirms a PKB) and also sports a SD660
    Don't get me wrong. I am not talking about the design of KEYone or pkb design. I think it is really good. My point is merely to those who want a smaller, shorter phone, like the old time of BlackBerry.
    12-14-17 06:06 AM
    Whatever they do I just hope they work out all the little bugs and build quality ie falling off sceens etc. I would like them to standardize their models down to 2. One PKB and one Slab. Make those the only options and do it with decent specs & build quality.
    phuoc and ppeters914 like this.
    12-14-17 12:20 PM
    I personally don't have any complaints about the hardware; if I'm listening to something on the KeyOne it's through headphones or an aux cable anyway.

That said a lot of the old guard Blackberry fans seem disappointed with the attempts thus far to BB-ify Android and seem to miss a lot of the features it had. I'm hoping Blackberry ups the ante on the software end to revive that experience for Blackberry fans old and new.
    12-14-17 05:35 PM
74 123