They absolutely need to get rid of those damn glossy keys and use a finish that's easier to scroll on. Basically, KEYone clickiness and key travel, but with Priv key texture. It is also SUPER important that they also take the Priv approach of making a unibody keyboard, instead of individually glued on keys, for durability/longevity purposes of course. No chance of keys falling off a Priv PKB.

Also, get rid of the blocky square top, seriously. And make android navigation keys on screen instead of capacitive.
    11-13-17 04:14 AM
    What I would want from a KeyTWO:
    1.Stereo speakers
    2.Keyboard more on the likes of classic (not a glossy finish and the keys slightly taller)
    3.NO capacitative Android home buttons. Make them on screen or better make them physical buttons
    4.Better placement of Antenna lines so that there are not network issues with any of the Bands.
    5.Wireless Charging
    6.Dual camera set up
    7. Water and Dust Resistance, if they are able to pull that off with the keyboard.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    megafan2000, phuoc and Mrs Teapot like this.
    11-13-17 05:02 AM
    What I would want from a KeyTWO:
    1.Stereo speakers
    2.Keyboard more on the likes of classic (not a glossy finish and the keys slightly taller)
    3.NO capacitative Android home buttons. Make them on screen or better make them physical buttons
    4.Better placement of Antenna lines so that there are not network issues with any of the Bands.
    5.Wireless Charging
    6.Dual camera set up
    7. Water and Dust Resistance, if they are able to pull that off with the keyboard.

1. Yup
    2. ABSOLUTELY
    3. On screen for sure
    4. I guess
    5. This means having a glass back...which sucks
    6. Yes, its 2018
    7. Possible if they build the PKB like the Priv where it's unibody plastic piece without any gaps between the keys. No more individually glued glossy keys
    11-13-17 06:06 AM
    1. Yup
    2. ABSOLUTELY
    3. On screen for sure
    4. I guess
    5. This means having a glass back...which sucks
    6. Yes, its 2018
    7. Possible if they build the PKB like the Priv where it's unibody plastic piece without any gaps between the keys. No more individually glued glossy keys
    The Priv, Classic, Z30 all had wireless charging without glass backs. So we can have wireless charging without a glass back also.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-17 06:20 AM
    Thanks for that!
    Yea most definitely the CES/MWC.
    I think we should hear more going into 2018.

It only makes sense regardless. Bbmobile said back in the Spring " they are in this for the long haul" the name of the device alone suggests a series "key1 , Key2 key3
    11-13-17 07:59 AM
    The KEYone is everything I need.
    The only thing I could ask for more is a bigger screen that I do miss a bit on the Passport.

I expect a successor by the end of 2018 and any sooner then Fall 2018 would surprise me quite frankly with the slowness that BB releases phones. But you never know!
    11-13-17 08:25 AM
    It only makes sense regardless. Bbmobile said back in the Spring " they are in this for the long haul" the name of the device alone suggests a series "key1 , Key2 key3
    Obviously everything adds up!
    But it's not done until it's official!
    And now CrackBerry can't even leak anything given how closely they are working with BBMobile (A good thing in the long run though I guess)

11-13-17 08:27 AM
    If there is a successor, please drop the length of the phone at least 1/2", widen the phone out a bit, remove android keys. Use extra room to adjust PKB size to make proportionate.
    I want a PKB phone so bad, but I do not like Blackberry's dimensions used.
    There is nothing much BlackBerry can do about the dimensions. They have to follow Android's rules.
    So better just get the KEYᴼᴺᴱ and just that amazing piece of technology!

11-13-17 08:28 AM
    The Priv, Classic, Z30 all had wireless charging without glass backs. So we can have wireless charging without a glass back also.

Posted via CB10
    YES! I don't know why folks think you need a glass back for wireless charging! Maybe because Apple went with a glass back on their new unit.

I've had the Priv and Z30 and, as you note, neither had a glass back. And I've added a wireless charging antenna to my KeyOne and it is sandwiched between the rear case and my Stilgut leather flip case. The back of the case is leather and plastic. And while it works well, it plugs into the usb port therefore, blocking the port when I do need a direct usb cable connection to computer (like yesterday when I wanted to move a file too large to email to myself).
    11-13-17 08:33 AM
    The KEYone is everything I need.
    The only thing I could ask for more is a bigger screen that I do miss a bit on the Passport.

I expect a successor by the end of 2018 and any sooner then Fall 2018 would surprise me quite frankly with the slowness that BB releases phones. But you never know!
    I think the "slowness" really only relates to the keyone. The Motion seems to be out there a lot faster into markets. Dubai , Canada, and now Europe in the days. This roll out is moving quicker. I'm sure America will follow shortly but I've said this in other threads for my american friends ...I think its important for bbmobile to get the device to market in areas where the BlackBerry name isn't as tainted. Then work their way back into the US market...this (imo) is the reason why the US is in the back seat right now with respect to product being pushed out.

It will also be interesting to see if TCL does another deal to supply Optimus product for India.
    11-13-17 08:36 AM
    wasn't there another device coming not long after the Motion? thought early 2018.
    KTeditorjeff likes this.
    11-13-17 08:43 AM
    wasn't there another device coming not long after the Motion? thought early 2018.
    It's codenamed "Juno". Let's all cross our fingers that it's not just another slab.
    11-13-17 08:46 AM
    YES! I don't know why folks think you need a glass back for wireless charging! Maybe because Apple went with a glass back on their new unit.

I've had the Priv and Z30 and, as you note, neither had a glass back. And I've added a wireless charging antenna to my KeyOne and it is sandwiched between the rear case and my Stilgut leather flip case. The back of the case is leather and plastic. And while it works well, it plugs into the usb port therefore, blocking the port when I do need a direct usb cable connection to computer (like yesterday when I wanted to move a file too large to email to myself).
    Exactly! People think so because that's what Apple and samsung do.
    Well you do have a reasonable work around but like you mentioned, it does block the port.
    Perfect solution would be to include it by default.

FF22 likes this.
    11-13-17 08:47 AM
    It will also be interesting to see if TCL does another deal to supply Optimus product for India.
    I think more than TCL, it's whether Optiemus wants to do another deal with them or not.

11-13-17 08:48 AM
    It's codenamed "Juno". Let's all cross our fingers that it's not just another slab.
    The codename Juno is history. Bla1ze has noted that in a thread. Don't think it's another slab.

Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-13-17 08:49 AM
    if it isn't another slab or the key2, is it a new physical keyboard device? Be nice if something could replace my Classic. I just found the Key1 too long, although the Black edition is beautiful looking
    11-13-17 09:20 AM
    Don't we all just wish the BBF100 device is a Priv successor?

That way we would have updated candybar, slab and slider to use for the years to come.

The leak that had the resolution for BBF100 which is the same as K1 pretty much confirmed that it's not a slider right?
    11-13-17 09:59 AM
    Don't we all just wish the BBF100 device is a Priv successor?

That way we would have updated candybar, slab and slider to use for the years to come.

The leak that had the resolution for BBF100 which is the same as K1 pretty much confirmed that it's not a slider right?
    Right.

11-13-17 10:01 AM
    Am I the only one who is disappointed with glossy plastic part below the keyboard where it gets microscratches like a mofo?
    11-13-17 10:21 AM
    Am I the only one who is disappointed with glossy plastic part below the keyboard where it gets microscratches like a mofo?
    Well yeah on the silver edition they should have made that part...well, silver, so that the ugly blocky top would at least have something to match with
    11-13-17 11:01 AM
    You aren't alone on that!
    Absolutely hate that finish.
    Much prefer the finish on my Classic.

Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-13-17 11:11 AM
    What are you basing that on exactly?
    Just my opinion. If they are already talking about another keyboard device then that means the Keyone has done better than they expected.

In order to make the next one better, they have to listen to the user base. One of the things I always read about people saying about the keyone is that I should have been wider. Maybe the next one will be. Just my theory.
    11-13-17 11:21 AM
    KEYtwo needs Priv keyboard texture but with KEYone clickiness and key travel
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-13-17 11:40 AM
    If TCL is watching, a key two with dimensions of 150x75x10 and narrowing the capacitive buttons a bit would allow for larger keys and a 4000 battery
    11-13-17 12:00 PM
    Question>!? So should we wait and not get the black edition then???
    11-13-17 12:41 PM
74 123