My father's KEYone has the most bizarre issue. When answering a phone call (or making a phone call), upon answering the phone, the phone is immediately on handsfree. The speaker phone button is not toggled on, but even if you toggle it back and forth and remains on speaker. I have tried a cache clear/ reset and a hard reset. May have to resort to a factory data reset. Has anybody else experienced this?
    03-31-18 11:59 AM
    My father's KEYone has the most bizarre issue. When answering a phone call (or making a phone call), upon answering the phone, the phone is immediately on handsfree. The speaker phone button is not toggled on, but even if you toggle it back and forth and remains on speaker. I have tried a cache clear/ reset and a hard reset. May have to resort to a factory data reset. Has anybody else experienced this?
    See this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13162456

I was also wondering if maybe a Hearing Aid mode or other accessibility issue might control the situation?

You could also try Safe Mode and see if it runs normally when most 3rd party apps are disabled.
    03-31-18 12:36 PM
    See this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13162456

I was also wondering if maybe a Hearing Aid mode or other accessibility issue might control the situation?

You could also try Safe Mode and see if it runs normally when most 3rd party apps are disabled.
    I just proceeded with the factory reset and it fixed the issue. Thank you.
    03-31-18 01:19 PM
    Another poster said they were speaking with BlackBerry support and they told them to just uninstall any Push to Talk apps. I had one loaded through Bell, uninstalled it and the speaker is back to normal.
    Natedogg14 and jakie55 like this.
    04-01-18 07:42 PM
    This same issue happened to my phone this past weekend? I did a factory reset and it resolved the issue as well
    04-02-18 07:40 AM
    Another poster said they were speaking with BlackBerry support and they told them to just uninstall any Push to Talk apps. I had one loaded through Bell, uninstalled it and the speaker is back to normal.
    Thanks sjawelsh!! Just uninstalled the bell push to talk app and all good! Much better than going through a factory reset.

Must have been something to do with the month update, or app update.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-18 03:57 PM
    Thanks sjawelsh!! Just uninstalled the bell push to talk app and all good! Much better than going through a factory reset.

Must have been something to do with the month update, or app update.
    What is the bell push to talk app? Is it an app you previously downloaded that may have caused this issue or is it an app you installed so you could uninstall so it would fix your issue. I'm not clear. Can you be a little more candid? Thanx
    04-06-18 12:27 AM
    I'm not sure, I don't use it. I am with Bell Mobility and it came pre-installed on my phone. I just uninstalled and the phone is working normal now.
    Bell should or BB should get on this, it was a really annoying issue for a business phone. Handsfree in a open office environment is a little awkward.
    fixit1971 and Midnightflyer like this.
    04-06-18 09:43 AM
    Thanks very much. I have had to do Factory Resets for other reasons and am tired of it. I deleted the Push to Talk App and the speaker issue was resolved.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-09-18 06:08 PM
    Same issue with my BB Motion! Really had me going, until reading this forum. I deleted the Push to Talk apps, and restarted the phone, and it's all back to normal!! Thanks everyone!!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-18 07:40 PM
    Same issue with my BB Motion! Really had me going, until reading this forum. I deleted the Push to Talk apps, and restarted the phone, and it's all back to normal!! Thanks everyone!!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-22-18 03:04 PM
    I've got the exact same issue... it's driving me nuts!

However, I'm in the UK, so definitely don't have the "Bell Push to Talk" app. How do I find out which app that I've installed is doing the equivalent of this?

I haven't really installed all that much - just Facebook/FB Messenger/Twitter/BBC media apps/ITV app/LinkedIn/Microsoft Office apps/Banking apps/Content transfer which is pretty much it!
    08-26-18 03:30 PM
    SOLVED:

This thread on an Android forum pinged a thought in my head...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ease-help.html

I'd installed the "Call Recorder" app yesterday, and when I looked within the settings of that specific app, it's got an "Auto Speaker" setting (no idea why it's there), which was green and on. Toggling it to red and off has stopped the problem. It was overriding the bluetooth broadcasting my phone calls to my car for hands-free calling and everything!

Super annoying, but glad I didn't have to reset the phone to resolve. I've not had this handset long, but many, many users seem to be just factory resetting their phones to sort issues like this? I've just spent hours and hours setting up my new phone for the first time - absolutely do not want to do that again anytime soon!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-26-18 03:48 PM
    SOLVED:

This thread on an Android forum pinged a thought in my head...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ease-help.html

I'd installed the "Call Recorder" app yesterday, and when I looked within the settings of that specific app, it's got an "Auto Speaker" setting (no idea why it's there), which was green and on. Toggling it to red and off has stopped the problem. It was overriding the bluetooth broadcasting my phone calls to my car for hands-free calling and everything!

Super annoying, but glad I didn't have to reset the phone to resolve. I've not had this handset long, but many, many users seem to be just factory resetting their phones to sort issues like this? I've just spent hours and hours setting up my new phone for the first time - absolutely do not want to do that again anytime soon!
    I don't have any call recorder apps installed yet I have this problem..

However, the problem happens randomly and not for every calls.. Sometimes, first few seconds or minutes, it's fine through the earpiece.. Then suddenly the speakerphone activates by itself.. So annoying but I can't be bothered to do factory reset.. Too lazy to set my phone lol..
    08-28-18 09:21 AM
    Sorry not to be able to offer more, but could it be that you are touching the speaker icon on the screen, during the live call, with your cheek and activating the speaker function? It is on the left hand side of the screen, so would be nearest your face if you're right-handed and holding the phone to your ear with your right hand.

My wife does exactly this with her Q10 all the time....
    08-29-18 03:19 PM
    I have a related problem. My physical challenge makes it difficult for me to hold the phone to my ear. Therefore I have two things that I would like to accomplish. First thing is I would like it to answer all calls and speakerphone with some kind of a toggle available to close the speaker phone if necessary. Secondly when I use my sky Bell application to listen to a person at the door ringing the bell, I would like to turn on the speaker phone speaker so that I can hear that person without listing the phone to my ear. Is there anyone who can suggest how to do this. First of all comes to mind the fact that I could install that call recording app and cause the problem sided above. Which called recorder app is it? I already have a cold recorder on my phone which is branded skyvalex but apparently is able to access the actual API and does not require speakerphone to be activated in order to record the calls... that said the cold recorder I have is the most expensive application I ever purchased for a phone in my entire cell phone history, $10... would anybody know how to take care of this because it would create a very convenient circumstance for my particular pattern of us... Perhaps Conite, Thurask, or another bright individual?
    07-23-19 12:32 PM
    I have a related problem. My physical challenge makes it difficult for me to hold the phone to my ear. Therefore I have two things that I would like to accomplish. First thing is I would like it to answer all calls and speakerphone with some kind of a toggle available to close the speaker phone if necessary. Secondly when I use my sky Bell application to listen to a person at the door ringing the bell, I would like to turn on the speaker phone speaker so that I can hear that person without listing the phone to my ear. Is there anyone who can suggest how to do this. First of all comes to mind the fact that I could install that call recording app and cause the problem sided above. Which called recorder app is it? I already have a cold recorder on my phone which is branded skyvalex but apparently is able to access the actual API and does not require speakerphone to be activated in order to record the calls... that said the cold recorder I have is the most expensive application I ever purchased for a phone in my entire cell phone history, $10... would anybody know how to take care of this because it would create a very convenient circumstance for my particular pattern of use... Perhaps Conite, Thurask, or another bright individual?
    07-23-19 12:33 PM