My KeyOne was working perfectly fine yesterday night, plugged in the charger like usual and woke up to find the screen unresponsive so I performed a hard-reset on the device. Screen is now stuck on the boot up sequence. My device information is below:

BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition
    BB100-7 (PRD-63764-001)
    SW (Prior to Issue Occuring): ABP244

I've gone through the forums this morning and have already tried a couple of things to try to recover the device. First I tried running the autoloader as recommended from this thread https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ng-up-1163075/ using ABY299 from the following thread https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1173379/. Using the wipe option (have a password and fingerprint set on my device) but getting remote:"remote:authboot command permission denied)". Is this because I have a pin/fingerprint authentication set up on the device? My initial understanding was that the wipe option would work even with a pin set, though please notify me if I'm wrong. Screenshot attached.

I've also tried to use the "Mobile Upgrade Q 5.1.8" SW but the SW is unable to proceed after retrieving the latest SW version. Returns "Some problems happened during upgrade, Unplug mobile phone, please power off the phone, enter into fastboot, and connect with USB cable, Waiting 'Scanning your mobile", after the progress bar stays at 0% for about 5-10 minutes or so. Screenshot also attached.

Last thing I tried was to run the autoloader extracted from the "Mobile Upgrade" tool (version ABP244). The prompt is slightly different as it prompts for the "rimnet" user and pw which I've left blank. Afterwards it does prompt for my device password (which I assume is my pin). No luck with this either as it reports "Fastboot failed: likely incorrect device password specified". Screenshot attached as well.

It seems like there's some sort of encryption that's preventing access to the device flash for some reason... Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Stuck on Boot Screen (square, triangle, square animation). Tried autoload and Mobile Upgrade-aby299_autoloader_fail.jpg   KeyOne Stuck on Boot Screen (square, triangle, square animation). Tried autoload and Mobile Upgrade-abp244_autoboot_mobileupgrade_fail.jpg   KeyOne Stuck on Boot Screen (square, triangle, square animation). Tried autoload and Mobile Upgrade-mobileupgrade_fail.jpg  
    Last edited by 8jcc; 12-20-20 at 08:49 AM.
    12-20-20 08:36 AM
    My KeyOne was working perfectly fine yesterday night, plugged in the charger like usual and woke up to find the screen unresponsive so I performed a hard-reset on the device. Screen is now stuck on the boot up sequence. My device information is below:

BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition
    BB100-7 (PRD-63764-001)
    SW (Prior to Issue Occuring): ABP244

I've gone through the forums this morning and have already tried a couple of things to try to recover the device. First I tried running the autoloader as recommended from this thread https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ng-up-1163075/ using ABY299 from the following thread https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1173379/. Using the wipe option (have a password and fingerprint set on my device) but getting remote:"remote:authboot command permission denied)". Is this because I have a pin/fingerprint authentication set up on the device? My initial understanding was that the wipe option would work even with a pin set, though please notify me if I'm wrong. Screenshot attached.

I've also tried to use the "Mobile Upgrade Q 5.1.8" SW but the SW is unable to proceed after retrieving the latest SW version. Returns "Some problems happened during upgrade, Unplug mobile phone, please power off the phone, enter into fastboot, and connect with USB cable, Waiting 'Scanning your mobile", after the progress bar stays at 0% for about 5-10 minutes or so. Screenshot also attached.

Last thing I tried was to run the autoloader extracted from the "Mobile Upgrade" tool (version ABP244). The prompt is slightly different as it prompts for the "rimnet" user and pw which I've left blank. Afterwards it does prompt for my device password (which I assume is my pin). No luck with this either as it reports "Fastboot failed: likely incorrect device password specified". Screenshot attached as well.

It seems like there's some sort of encryption that's preventing access to the device flash for some reason... Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks!
    Get your device to the bootloader screen. Then you can run the autoloader.

Hold the power button until the screen goes blank and then hold both power button and the down volume button.
    12-20-20 09:46 AM
    Hi conite,

I've followed that procedure you outlined above but still no luck unfortunately, still failing to write to the device. Would the device password cause this issue?
    12-20-20 10:46 AM
    Hi conite,

I've followed that procedure you outlined above but still no luck unfortunately, still failing to write to the device. Would the device password cause this issue?
    So you actually got your phone to the bootloader menu screen?

Device password doesn't come into play if you use the wipe option.
    12-20-20 10:50 AM
    Right, I'm able to get to the bootload menu, as shown. Apologies for the low quality. Also dumped the output log of the autoloader below:

KeyOne Stuck on Boot Screen (square, triangle, square animation). Tried autoload and Mobile Upgrade-img_20201220_123645.jpg

BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE BlackBerry
    Sol ution License Agreement which can be reviewed at www.blackberry.com/leg-
    al/bbsla. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THE TERMS OF THIS AG-
    REEMENT, PLEASE CONTACT blackberry AT [email protected]. PLEASE READ
    THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE.
    ************************************************** *************************

Note:If device is not in fastboot mode
    Please switch to fastboot mode by holding the power and volume down key for 30s
    This script will NOT wipe off all user data. Do you want to continue? [y/n]:y
    (bootloader) Attempting secure wipe...

FAILED (remote: Failed to set wipe for all required FS and NV partitions)
    finished. total time: 0.084s
    "It may take 5 to 15 minutes to securely wipe the device"
    target reported max download size of 534773760 bytes
    sending 'tz' (1499 KB)...
    FAILED (remote: authboot command permission denied)
    finished. total time: 0.046s
    sending 'devcfg' (40 KB)...
    finished. total time: 0.045s
    sending 'rpm' (170 KB)...
    finished. total time: 0.048s
    sending 'sbl1' (365 KB)...
    sending 'aboot' (1742 KB)...
    sending 'bootsig' (0 KB)...
    sending 'recoverysig' (0 KB)...
    sending 'boot' (31732 KB)...
    sending 'recovery' (31732 KB)...
    erasing 'cache'...
    erasing 'userdata'...
    sending 'modem' (98304 KB)...
    sending 'dsp' (16384 KB)...
    erasing 'system'...
    erasing 'oem'...
    finished. total time: 0.044s
    rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.022s
    Press any key to close this window

Once thing I noticed from the output is that it's saying the script will not wipe user data. Is this is just an typo on the output display or is it possibly running the wrong procedure?

Thanks
    12-20-20 11:52 AM
    Right, I'm able to get to the bootload menu, as shown. Apologies for the low quality. Also dumped the output log of the autoloader below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201220_123645.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	450195

BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE BlackBerry
    Solution License Agreement which can be reviewed at www.blackberry.com/leg-
    al/bbsla. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THE TERMS OF THIS AG-
    REEMENT, PLEASE CONTACT blackberry AT [email protected]. PLEASE READ
    THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE.
    ************************************************** *************************

Note:If device is not in fastboot mode
    Please switch to fastboot mode by holding the power and volume down key for 30s

finished. total time: 0.084s
    sending 'rpm' (170 KB)...
    sending 'sbl1' (365 KB)...
    sending 'aboot' (1742 KB)...
    sending 'bootsig' (0 KB)...
    sending 'recoverysig' (0 KB)...
    sending 'boot' (31732 KB)...
    sending 'recovery' (31732 KB)...
    erasing 'cache'...
    erasing 'userdata'...
    sending 'modem' (98304 KB)...
    sending 'dsp' (16384 KB)...
    erasing 'system'...
    erasing 'oem'...
    finished. total time: 0.044s
    rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.022s
    Press any key to close this window

Once thing I noticed from the output is that it's saying the script will not wipe user data. Is this is just an typo on the output display or is it possibly running the wrong procedure?

Thanks
    Which .bat file are you running?
    12-20-20 02:25 PM
    Which loader are you using? Which batch file are you running?

If ABY299, and flashall.bat, then good. I mistakingly left in the "not" wipe statement by accident - but it does attempt to wipe.

Have you tried the Mobile Upgrade Tool from the bootloader menu?
    Last edited by conite; 12-20-20 at 02:40 PM.
    12-20-20 02:26 PM
    ABY299
    12-20-20 02:40 PM
    Yeah I did try the "Mobile Upgrade Tool" as well but it hangs after grabbing the SW from the server. Process bar doesn't get past 0% before reporting and error during upgrade. I attached a screenshot above.
    12-20-20 03:09 PM
    Yeah I did try the "Mobile Upgrade Tool" as well but it hangs after grabbing the SW from the server. Process bar doesn't get past 0% before reporting and error during upgrade. I attached a screenshot above.
    Something is clearly acting up. It seems the device will not accept software when it absolutely should.

A low probability solution might be to try another cable, port, or computer.
    12-20-20 03:11 PM
    Yeah I've swapping cables, ports, and gone through three other machines. Not sure if there's anything else that can be done, appreciate the support and quick responses though conite! Sad to mourn my KeyOne so prematurely , just over a year old.
    12-20-20 03:17 PM
    Hi my friend,
    I understand it's already passed long time since your post but I'm wondering if you got any luck with your issue?
    I have very similar problem as you described in each step and i have tried everything without luck with my KeyONE...
    11-09-21 08:22 PM
    My KeyOne did the same - stuck on boot routine. It first bricked itself and froze. When I tried a restart, no luck. Tried a lot of things, but I couldn't restore it all.
    11-21-21 07:28 PM
    My KeyOne permanently bricked. First symptom was inability to connect to internet or mobile data, then it froze. After restart, it stuck on the boot routine. I could not get it to accept any software. It is just dead - I assume it’s a hardware issue. So, although I really liked the phone, it isn’t possible to replace it with a new PKB phone. It might be good for parts, though. I put in a new battery last year and that gave me a year.
    Last edited by mlevy36; 12-19-21 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Clarity
    12-18-21 11:20 AM
    My KEYone in a similar situation as in these, when doing a securewipe, "FAILED (remote: Failed to set wipe for all required FS and NV partitions)".
    I'm also wondering if any of you have any luck with it ~

Thank you all friends!
    03-16-22 05:18 AM
    Yes... they are good for spare parts.
    03-16-22 08:43 AM
    Roughly five years after purchasing the KEYone upon release, I'm getting the same "stuck in boot" issue. Preceding this, I've noticed that the KEYone would randomly reboot itself. I've noticed that two things seem to resolve the issue:

1. plugging in the KEYone and long press the power button to force a reboot while plugged in (not very convenient to do all the time)
    2. long pressing the power button to turn off the KEYone, waiting a bit (10+ minutes), then powering it back on

I'm suspecting the battery as the culprit (as it's very old now), although whatever is below the top of the LCD panel, center between the selfie cam and notification LED had gotten really hot before all this occurred. Heat damage to a chip? (When the area got hot, the KEYone had overheated due to using the selfie cam *and* charging at the same time, while using Zoom. I would guess this combo, selfie cam and charging, generates a lot of heat, as just Zoom with selfie cam, without charging, is fine.)

I think people who had this boot loop used their KEYone more than me, so battery drain/charge cycles were done more frequently, thus the problem showed up sooner. For people who replaced the battery, the battery may be "new old stock", in that it's a brand new battery, but have been sitting on the shelf, so battery capacity has been degraded, just not as bad as a battery in use in a KEYone. It wouldn't take that long for the replaced battery to reach the same lower capacity and put the KEYone in the same boot loop situation.

Just me speculating. I suppose replacing the battery would confirm or say this hypothesis is just a random guess. My current problem is that I do have an LCD and keyboard to replace, but no good time to do it, as I need a working phone for work.
    04-18-22 07:25 PM
    I'm also experiencing the same issue here. My keyone had been stuck on boot for a while now and no matter what I do it isn't working. Is there anyway to get this phone up and running again.
    05-08-22 06:36 PM
    I'm also experiencing the same issue here. My keyone had been stuck on boot for a while now and no matter what I do it isn't working. Is there anyway to get this phone up and running again.
    If an autoloader doesn't work, you're stuck, as you likely have a hardware fault.
    05-09-22 09:21 AM
    Hi, I've encountered virtually the same issue as the OP did here and I have the same model KeyOne BBB100-7 (PRD-63764-001), with ABP244 on it, prior to the issue starting yesterday. Regular boot is stuck on the boot animation, safe boot gets stuck on the "BlackBerry powered by android" screen. Can get into fastboot screen, but sadly nothing else.
    Tried flashing it with the Mobile Update Q 5.1.8 with no luck (on two different computers and two different cables, same error as on the screenshots above). Mobile Update had downloaded the ABP244 firmware, so I tried unzipping it and running the flashing script itself (flashall.bat).
    The script asks for RIMNET user and password, and the device password. I have the device password, but I don't have a RIMNET account.
    Not that it would the RIMNET credentials work anyway, because the domain this tool is trying to contact is not online anymore (rtainsidebb.rim.net). Besides, from what I've read on this forum, the flashall script should not require the device password anyway, because it should wipe it clean first. Is this perhaps a bug in the script? Can this prompt for RIMNET/device credentials be circumvented?
    09-11-22 01:28 PM
    Hi, I've encountered virtually the same issue as the OP did here and I have the same model KeyOne BBB100-7 (PRD-63764-001), with ABP244 on it, prior to the issue starting yesterday. Regular boot is stuck on the boot animation, safe boot gets stuck on the "BlackBerry powered by android" screen. Can get into fastboot screen, but sadly nothing else.
    Tried flashing it with the Mobile Update Q 5.1.8 with no luck (on two different computers and two different cables, same error as on the screenshots above). Mobile Update had downloaded the ABP244 firmware, so I tried unzipping it and running the flashing script itself (flashall.bat).
    The script asks for RIMNET user and password, and the device password. I have the device password, but I don't have a RIMNET account.
    Not that it would the RIMNET credentials work anyway, because the domain this tool is trying to contact is not online anymore (rtainsidebb.rim.net). Besides, from what I've read on this forum, the flashall script should not require the device password anyway, because it should wipe it clean first. Is this perhaps a bug in the script? Can this prompt for RIMNET/device credentials be circumvented?
    Use this loader instead:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...iants-1168870/
    Last edited by conite; 09-20-22 at 01:04 PM.
    09-20-22 10:39 AM
    Thank you for the reply! I have tried this loader now, but this one also ultimately does not work for me.
    Securewipe fails with an error message:
    FAILED (remote: 'Failed to set wipe for all required FS and NV partitions')
    And then fastboot shows an error and exits:
    "Failed to detect bootchain slots."
    I have tried running the same fastboot.exe commands as in the wipe script, to see if it even detects my BB properly and it seems it does:

.\fastboot.exe getvar device
    device: bbb100

.\fastboot.exe getvar variant
    variant: india

Could this error be due to this being the KeyONE and I'm trying to flash it with Key2 firmware? Or might this be a hardware failure after all?
    09-21-22 03:28 PM
    Thank you for the reply! I have tried this loader now, but this one also ultimately does not work for me.
    Securewipe fails with an error message:

And then fastboot shows an error and exits:

I have tried running the same fastboot.exe commands as in the wipe script, to see if it even detects my BB properly and it seems it does:

.\fastboot.exe getvar device
    device: bbb100

.\fastboot.exe getvar variant
    variant: india

Could this error be due to this being the KeyONE and I'm trying to flash it with Key2 firmware? Or might this be a hardware failure after all?
    I apologize. I gave you the wrong link.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1173379/
    09-21-22 03:42 PM
    Thank you once again Conite!
    Live got in the way, so only today have I been able to sit down and try this again. This loader recognizes my KeyOne and does not complain about it being password protected right away like the other one. However it fails to flash the firmware, throwing the errors:

finished. total time: 0.083s

//truncated the output, the scripts repeats the same error like the two above several times here
    Afterwards the KeyOne restarts and is once again stuck in a boot loop. Is there any chance flashing it in this case, or does that mean it's completely bricked?
    10-24-22 03:48 PM
    Thank you once again Conite!
    Live got in the way, so only today have I been able to sit down and try this again. This loader recognizes my KeyOne and does not complain about it being password protected right away like the other one. However it fails to flash the firmware, throwing the errors:

Afterwards the KeyOne restarts and is once again stuck in a boot loop. Is there any chance flashing it in this case, or does that mean it's completely bricked?
    If you have a device password, you have to use the full wipe bat file: flashall.bat.

If that's the one you used, then your device has a hardware fault.
    10-24-22 06:54 PM
30 12