I checked Selfridges, Carphone Warehouse and Curry's websites and all of them are saying the Keyone is out of stock. Is that right? Does anyone know where I can buy one this weekend 13th May?

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    05-09-17 06:51 AM
    I checked Selfridges, Carphone Warehouse and Curry's websites and all of them are saying the Keyone is out of stock. Is that right? Does anyone know where I can buy one this weekend 13th May?

On CPW website, you can check which stores it's available at in London. I can see it's still shows in-stock.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=BSfFoZG_

Look for "Check stock in stores"

EDIT: it seems like it's gone now. Could be caching effect
    05-09-17 06:55 AM
    Shows it's selling well, my local store had 9 on Friday when I got mine, all gone and nothing showing in any others near me!
    PDAJAH likes this.
    05-09-17 06:56 AM

CPW in Nottingham have some in stock to buy. Was there a few minutes go and they're willing to sell as well. God what a beautiful device.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 07:13 AM
    CPW site now says order for delivery 23rd May

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 07:21 AM
    It also says that the production line is small. Only a couple of hundreds more devices deliver after one week is a very low production rate. Maybe the assembly line would fit into a 2 bedroom flat.
    But if BBMobile is saying nothing, we never know the actual situation.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-09-17 07:59 AM
    I went in to a store today to 'try' and buy one. Have seen the device (it looks excellent) but carphones checks didn't approve of me (even though I have had two phone through them in the past and have 3 mobile contracts on the go). Very annoying and I think I am going to wait for Vodafone to have stock. Seems all of carphones stock has been sent out to stores. Was in Chester on Monday. They had stock but not allow to sell it. Slowly falling out with carphone that's for sure.
    lerxster likes this.
    05-09-17 10:43 AM
    Just called CPW they are totally out of stock & have approx. 80 back orders as it's so popular, they guy tried to sell me another Android device, no thanks will wait until back in stock.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 11:27 AM
    Picked up mine at CPW Islington they had a few. Worth checking their site.
    05-09-17 12:36 PM
    No, guy checked around & no available phones to sell all allocated. Will give me time to assess all feedback & reviews & decide if I want to switch from PPSE to KeyOne

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 01:34 PM
    I checked CPW site last night & there's a new section to click which gives you a list of all the stores that the Keyone is at /will be at & out of the 7 local CPW sites in my city only 2 stores showed up so I called this morning & they had 3 in stock so I got mine at lunchtime so even though website says out of stock worth calling your local store as they may just have one.
    Keyone stock in the UK-img_20170511_154943.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Snap51 and stlabrat like this.
    05-11-17 11:20 AM
    Tried my luck at Selfridges in vain today. The sales rep was saying the first batch just "went quickly". Hopefully it's not a batch of two.

05-12-17 08:54 AM
    Tried my luck at Selfridges in vain today. The sales rep was saying the first batch just "went quickly". Hopefully it's not a batch of two.

Do they have a model there to play with?
    05-12-17 09:07 AM
    Yes! I wanted to just take the display stock

05-12-17 09:09 AM
    Damn it. Wandered into Dixons Travel at Heathrow Terminal 4 and they even sold the display unit! Same story, the stock went in a few days! What a strange situation for BlackBerry.

05-13-17 01:26 AM
    Remember we saw this happen with the Passport and the over all sales numbers were not that high. The only reason the passport seemed so popular, at that time, was because the inventory available for purchase was low.
    05-13-17 12:41 PM
    Remember we saw this happen with the Passport and the over all sales numbers were not that high. The only reason the passport seemed so popular, at that time, was because the inventory available for purchase was low.
    That certainly seems to be the case with the KEYone.

My one source of optimism is that TCL is not BlackBerry and they probably have much more supply chain flexibility than BlackBerry ever did. TCL's goal is not necessarily to maximize the sales of the KEYone, but to maximize the value of their license of the BlackBerry brand.

To do that, they need to build up the credibility in the BlackBerry / KEYone brand so that they get distributors lined up for a global launch for an upcoming device. The KEYONE form factor seems capable of supporting updated hardware for several generations. Perhaps KEYone sales continue at a level that matches supply, while TCL designs the KEYtwo for wider distribution with incrementally better hardware (SOC and RAM).

For BlackBerry, every device seemed to be "make or break" but TCL can play a longer game.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-13-17 01:08 PM
    Didn't this happen with the priv at launch too?
    05-13-17 01:48 PM
    Didn't this happen with the priv at launch too?
    In my area (US East Coast), the Priv was widely available through AT&T corporate-owned locations.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    djtheot likes this.
    05-13-17 02:01 PM
    I am also starting to see similar things as the Priv and Passport launches with regards to low stock.

If we all remember, there was ample initial demand for the PRIV and Passport but the stock levels were low. There was an initial sellout of the stock early but overall the sales numbers weren't earth shattering.

I know it's early and everything but I would have expected this device to have higher stock and higher sales given the amount of positive press from so many people.

We may not ever get the official sales numbers and this is only one product in an entire portfolio coming from the BlackBerry Mobile brand but still, why lose out on sales when you don't need to?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 04:41 PM
    Looking at the website of CPW i see that they have stock in quite a few places:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=FFR0Ss9F
    05-14-17 05:32 AM
    Also keep an eye on the CEX stores, got mine today from there. Some one had traded one in yesterday, this is the second one they have had I believe, got mine for £490, obviously in mint condition
    05-14-17 01:10 PM
    I believe that in the next couple of weeks we will see a lot in the second hand market. People that are nostalgic about the physical keyboard but that are too much used to the virtual one will buy it and sell it... so i believe it will be possible to buy one in mint condition at a good price.
    05-14-17 01:59 PM
    Its worth calling CFW as they showed out of stock at all stores near me, I called into 3 of them and they all had them in stock.
    Sadly CFW UK aren't pushing these units as all 3 stores had the display unit out of sight and none of them had a tarif plan on them.
    I asked the CFW rep about this and his response was "We have been told to push Samsung and iPhone"
    Seems even though they are selling them, CFW just doesn't care about BB anymore.

All 3 stores I checked had a display unit but at the back of the store next to the phone cases etc not up front with the other phones.
    05-15-17 11:33 AM
    Also here they tell sales people to push iphones,only iphones. Other phone try to sell iphone. Only when a samsung is launched then they must push samsung.

Apple device is always on the homepage.

Here is the Netherlands

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 11:42 AM
32 12