Honestly the position and shape are most important for me. I always hated LG old style finger print sensor/power button combo, for example. Most phones have buttons that are too skinny, like all Motorola ones I tried, even tho they are clicky as hell. When the galaxy s10 came out, as another example, I completely avoided it after seeing how high up the power button was; reminded me of a reverse Dtek phone which I also skipped thinking an annoyance w/ just turning it on? No thanks. I'm currently waiting on a Note 10+ pre-order, and quite honestly the priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ style left-side power button is one of several factors that completed the package for me and convinced me to pull the trigger.
    It doesn't get less ergonomic than the gigantic slablet Note 10+ lol
    08-16-19 08:12 AM
    For the current price point versus the Key2 I think it's a safe bet. I've been using my KeyOne Silver for about a year and a half without any notable issues. Obviously things like security updates are starting to dwindle but that's the trade-off for the less expensive pricing at this point.
    08-16-19 12:24 PM
    Thank you for your opinion.
    I ended up buying a silver one from eBay.
    Exedorable likes this.
    08-16-19 05:17 PM
    It doesn't get less ergonomic than the gigantic slablet Note 10+ lol
    So, I used to think that as well, and my first pull was honestly to the smaller, reg Note 10. But it turns out that width plays a bigger role for me than height. Width is the issue w/ all the phones I tried actually, from a moto g5+ to even my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. See, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ buttons didn't need to be bigger, right? Because I prefer the Priv's smaller keys - but why? Cuz they're more spread out, more luxurious, and that's what the Key2 larger keys accomplish to some effect. And they added an update w/ access to the drop down notif shade from anywhere on the BlackBerry launcher, which I even got on my Priv now, so height shouldn't really be that big of an issue. And for calls it's even more comfy, imo
    Yesterday 09:16 PM
    Thank you
    Congrats! The original silver holds a very special place in my heart, not only did it start an arms race of phone testing for me (before this, I was quite ignorant of specs, unfamiliar w/ different brands, etc) since its release back in May 2017, but it's also a phone I found out I couldn't live w/ out, even if I tried lol. And this is coming from someone who's tried a Black Edition, Motion, and Key2. Enjoy!!
    Today 05:03 AM
    One other thought with waiting for a Key3...if they release one...it's going to be $650+ if it's a dollar. Lots of folks balk at that kind of a price tag...especially for a BlackBerry with a battery-sipping processor. One of the reasons to consider an older model quite simply is that they can be had for a much lower price.
    Today 04:57 PM
31 12