I have one a while back loved the phone til it fell into a puddle of water on a rainy day. I replaced it with a oneplus 6t. But know I still feel the want to get one, any insights? Should I hold off? Is blackberry dead as a whole?
    Thanks in advance
    08-11-19 09:00 PM
    KEYone Black Edition is worth it. Silver is not.
    08-11-19 10:18 PM
    What's available new at this point? I bought a KEYone BE new for $279 from a seller on Amazon a few months back, but I'm not sure what's left if anything.
    08-11-19 10:51 PM
    the BE is the one I had. but it seems to me after reading a bunch of forums that blackberry is 0retty much dead as far as coming out with new cell phones, I highly doubt there will be a key3
    08-11-19 11:34 PM
    The Black Edition Key One is well worth it for the price. If you are in North America I would not get the Indian or Dual SIM version.
    08-12-19 12:00 AM
    I also have a 6t but decided to get a keyone because I HATE typing on glass and I saw one brand new on eBay for $95. I love my keyone. If you don't play a huge amount of the latest games then you will be fine. Mine is the version with 3 GB +F RAM. Its very strange but I find that it is capable of running apps like Firefox and YouTube at the same time quite easily.
    08-12-19 01:01 AM
    18 months on BE, still going strong.
    08-12-19 07:47 AM
    If you are anywhere I would not get the Indian version.
    Fixed lol.

That annoying triple tap the power button calls 112 emergency is an instant dealbreaker, especially on a device where said power button has a fairly weak spring.

If you want a dual SIM KEYone, the Bronze is the one to go for.
    Probably higher quality as well
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-12-19 08:07 AM
    Had a Keyone BE for a while. I think the BE is the better choice. You have to set your expectations if you get one.

The major thing to expect is that the update cycle for it is over. The speeds of the device may seem slower now than when you first had it. You also have to factor in how useful a pkb is to you nowadays. Some people use it for the shortcuts; I hardly ever used it for that.

It was a nice device while I had it and you will have to have a genuine interest in the pkb to get one again.

Blackberry as a brand may be at the end. If they are, you can still use their devices for years to come.
    08-12-19 08:38 AM
    I would hold off until the 2020 hopefully there might be a new BlackBerry phone announcement.
    08-12-19 09:52 AM
    I have one a while back loved the phone til it fell into a puddle of water on a rainy day. I replaced it with a oneplus 6t. But know I still feel the want to get one, any insights? Should I hold off? Is blackberry dead as a whole?
    Thanks in advance
    Jump in, if color is not an issue go for the one that has the lowest price. Keep an eye on ebay their have been brand new phones for sale in 185 range some cheaper. Seems to be some dumping of stock going on.
    08-12-19 05:06 PM
    I have the silver edition. I like it fairly well. It functions for my needs. I have over 200 applications installed. There's no lag compared to the Priv which was unworkable. There's no overheating. It lacks Qi wireless charging but I added a separate Qi wireless dongle which is very inexpensive and works just fine. The battery lasts quite long and I'm overall quite pleased with the device. I can imagine the Black Edition has Superior functionality with additional RAM and such. I know nothing about the key² series. To me they don't look to be attractive and I will not consider buying them as long as my key one continues to function adequately and I'll wait and see what emerges on the market. There is already a cheap Unihertz Titan scheduled to come out and I can't wait to see what that brings...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 08-15-19 at 10:00 AM.
    Exedorable likes this.
    08-12-19 06:48 PM
    Yes the keyone is still great. My key2 red arrived today, yet im unsure if i should open the box or store it away till my keyone dies on me.
    08-12-19 08:35 PM
    It's a pretty decent phone. If you have to split with a work account, then it labors a bit. Normally I have had good reception. But recently I was at my daughter's orientation for school. All of a sudden, everyone's phones went off including my wife's Galaxy which is on the same carrier as mine. It was alert for an escaped convict. My phone didn't go off until 30 minutes later, and I was the only one.
    08-12-19 08:41 PM
    Yes the keyone is still great. My key2 red arrived today, yet im unsure if i should open the box or store it away till my keyone dies on me.
    How in the hell did you resist not opening that box as soon as you got it!?!
    anon(5597702) and Oshasat like this.
    08-12-19 08:42 PM
    Had the OG Silver, retired it to backup status for the OP 6T. I know this is taboo, but I type faster on the 6T because the vkb can be made bigger. It is what it is. KEYone is fun to fire up now and then and use it for a day.
    OP, at the end of the day it's up to you. LE might be a better choice at this point, last you a little longer.
    08-13-19 05:42 PM
    Had the OG Silver, retired it to backup status for the OP 6T. I know this is taboo, but I type faster on the 6T
    How dare you??

Jk, a giant slab like the 6T wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to type on.

I'd certainly prefer to type on that over something like an iPhone SE or that dreadful Palm "companion".
    john_v likes this.
    08-13-19 09:04 PM
    The Black Edition Key One is well worth it for the price. If you are in North America I would not get the Indian or Dual SIM version.
    Hello. May I ask why the Keyone Black Edition Indian version is not worth getting in North America? I thought about buying one recently.
    08-14-19 10:11 AM
    How dare you??

Jk, a giant slab like the 6T wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to type on.

I'd certainly prefer to type on that over something like an iPhone SE or that dreadful Palm "companion".
    That's you.... you aren't the general smartphone market.

You are going to have to tough it out, trying to find something that meets your very unique needs. Where as the average user is going to have all the choices they want.

Nothing wrong with being an outlier, you just have to accept it.
    08-14-19 10:19 AM
    Hello. May I ask why the Keyone Black Edition Indian version is not worth getting in North America? I thought about buying one recently.
    I wouldn't get it simply because since it's an Indian phone, if you accidentally triple tap the power button, it will call emergency number 112 which will be rerouted to 911 in the US.
    Since the KEYone has a weak power button, this can and probably will happen.
    If you NEED a dual Sim KEYone, get the Bronze one which is made by TCL. It will be missing a few NA bands though, but to me that's worth it to not end up with that awful Indian phone feature.
    MontoyaOscar84 likes this.
    08-14-19 10:20 AM
    Security updates not as frequent... though to be fair, the other device variants are rarely getting security patched anymore either.

There are some other localizations, like the previously mentioned power button.

Lack of support.

Dual SIM devices are not really tuned to North American carrier networks. There have been a few (not many) instances where popping in one carrier's SIM pulled down configuration & customization from carrier 1's network onto the device... and made the device unusable for the other SIM/carrier. If this happens, there's no support available.
    08-14-19 03:34 PM
    I actually did a video about the keyone in 2019. check out my YouTube channel. RVC Tech
    08-15-19 03:34 AM
    Since the KEYone has a weak power button
    I have never heard this said on any medium whatsoever, not on YouT (MrMobile, JerriRig, etc) not in online Verge/Amazon review articles/ads, etc etc.

I would never have thought to describe my KEYᵒⁿᵉ power button as "weak" and while I prefer it to many other buttons (KEYᵒⁿᵉ buttons are probably my fav overall, layout + clicky-ness + texture) I have never once considered strength as one of its characteristics; one way or the other
    08-15-19 08:11 AM
    I have never heard this said on any medium whatsoever, not on YouT (MrMobile, JerriRig, etc) not in online Verge/Amazon review articles/ads, etc etc.

I would never have thought to describe my KEYᵒⁿᵉ power button as "weak" and while I prefer it to many other buttons (KEYᵒⁿᵉ buttons are probably my fav overall, layout + clicky-ness + texture) I have never once considered strength as one of its characteristics; one way or the other
    The clickiness of the power button of my Pixel 3 is MUCH more firm (requires more force) than my KEYone's.

I definitely don't see me accidentally triple tapping a button with such a strong spring like the Pixel 3's, however, I briefly owned and used the Indian KEYone and accidental emergency calls did happen.
    08-15-19 09:50 AM
    Honestly the position and shape are most important for me. I always hated LG old style finger print sensor/power button combo, for example. Most phones have buttons that are too skinny, like all Motorola ones I tried, even tho they are clicky as hell. When the galaxy s10 came out, as another example, I completely avoided it after seeing how high up the power button was; reminded me of a reverse Dtek phone which I also skipped thinking an annoyance w/ just turning it on? No thanks. I'm currently waiting on a Note 10+ pre-order, and quite honestly the priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ style left-side power button is one of several factors that completed the package for me and convinced me to pull the trigger.
    08-15-19 11:11 PM
36 12