Hi,

I seem to be getting a good screen-on battery life, but the standby battery life is another matter... I suppose it has to do with the background processes, but I use it just the same as I used the Passport. I use the News & Weather app to provide me with important headlines automatically, but other than that I've turned off notifications from many apps except for WhatsApp, email, Facebook, Wordfeud, Calendar and probably a couple of others. Another thing might be that I get poor signal strengt in my house. Still, the Passport had a better battery life and I don't think the signal strengt was significantly better. Maybe it's simply a BB10 versus android thing? How is your standby battery life? How many percent do you lose during the night, for example (not using flight mode)?

Any ideas how to improve the standby battery life, except for turning off background data or using flight mode during the night?
    I use the HUB, but only for emails, SMS and calls.

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot the quick charge thing... Anyone got that working properly? I'm getting nowhere close to the speed advertised, and I even bought a special QC 3.0 charger as well as a high quality QC USB-c cable...

EDIT2: Maybe the phone's battery simply needs some more time to 'settle'... This K1 is under week old (my first one suffered water damage), and I remember that my DTEK50's battery needed some time to 'settle' (stabilise itself).
    Last edited by Barbareren; 06-25-17 at 10:33 PM.
    06-25-17 09:36 PM
    Hi,

I seem to be getting a good screen-on battery life, but the standby battery life is another matter... I suppose it has to do with the background processes, but I use it just the same as I used the Passport. I use the News & Weather app to provide me with important headlines automatically, but other than that I've turned off notifications from many apps except for WhatsApp, email, Facebook, Wordfeud, Calendar and probably a couple of others. Another thing might be that I get poor signal strengt in my house. Still, the Passport had a better battery life and I don't think the signal strengt was significantly better. Maybe it's simply a BB10 versus android thing? How is your standby battery life? How many percent do you lose during the night, for example (not using flight mode)?

Any ideas how to improve the standby battery life, except for turning off background data or using flight mode during the night?
    I use the HUB, but only for emails, SMS and calls.

Thanks
    Why not just plug it in when you go to bed? You do have to plug it in sooner than later! But from my experience Phone Idle would be the biggest user of the battery when the phone is not being used. Have you been able to deplete the battery during the day before going to bed?
    06-25-17 10:31 PM
    Why not just plug it in when you go to bed? You do have to plug it in sooner than later! But from my experience Phone Idle would be the biggest user of the battery when the phone is not being used. Have you been able to deplete the battery during the day before going to bed?
    Sure, I'm just interested in testing the battery now, since the reviews raved so much about it.

Yes, I have been able to drain the battery during a full day, but just barely. I'm not complaining about the battery life as such, I'm just getting a feeling that it has been a bit overhyped...
    06-25-17 10:38 PM
    Screen shots are best when discussing these battery issuesKEYone Standby Battery Life-screenshot_20170625-225725.jpgKEYone Standby Battery Life-screenshot_20170625-225746.jpg

Give us some examples to look at so we can analyze.
    06-25-17 11:04 PM
    Ok, considering the screen on time, I suppose this isn't bad, but my complaint was about standby time...
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Standby Battery Life-9931.jpg  
    06-25-17 11:33 PM
    And this one
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Standby Battery Life-9930.jpg  
    06-25-17 11:35 PM
    And this one
    Why would you be worrying about standby time. In the screenshots you have provided your screen on time is 2 1/2 hours and you have 76% battery left. That would equate to at least 10 hours of screen on time before depletion.

I suggest that you not use your phone tomorrow and post the "standy" results afterwards. That may also satisfy your concerns in itself.
    06-25-17 11:56 PM
    Why would you be worrying about standby time. In the screenshots you have provided your screen on time is 2 1/2 hours and you have 76% battery left. That would equate to at least 10 hours of screen on time before depletion.

I suggest that you not use your phone tomorrow and post the "standy" results afterwards. That may also satisfy your concerns in itself.
    Yes, I'll try not to use it for awhile and post the results. Btw., I have turned off notifications from a few other apps, and it appears to be improving already... I suspect the culprit might be Maps - I'm registered as a 'local guide' and get notifications from the app every now and then... Btw2, I try to remember to keep the GPS turned off when I don't need it.
    06-26-17 12:02 AM
    Norway is beautiful isn't it? I was watching some videos today of cliff diving at kjerag. Awesome!
    06-26-17 12:10 AM
    I have been using my device quite actively from the time I wake around 7am to sleep time around 1130pm and still have about 24% batt life remaining. Email, social media, google 🎶 music, Internet, Cb blogs, etc and still have power. Typically I'd have to charge around noon to extend batt life beyond dinner time.
    06-26-17 07:00 AM
    Ok, so 10 hours of standby (not touching the phone at all) = 18% battery lost. That's too much. The standby battery management appears to be subpar.

Norway is beautiful isn't it? I was watching some videos today of cliff diving at kjerag. Awesome!
    It is beautiful at certain times during the year. At other times you can't go out due to the brutal weather conditions. Most of the year it is actually a very depressing place. I much prefer living in sunny ol' México
    06-26-17 11:09 AM
    Ok, so 10 hours of standby (not touching the phone at all) = 18% battery lost. That's too much. The standby battery management appears to be subpar.

Yes, that is much too high! Now you need to start investigating as to why! Could it be the GPS? You can access some controls in the BlackBerry Power Centre app. It's always good to include screenshots of your battery level so we can hopefully understand what is happening.
    06-26-17 10:02 PM
    Yes, that is much too high! Now you need to start investigating as to why! Could it be the GPS? You can access some controls in the BlackBerry Power Centre app. It's always good to include screenshots of your battery level so we can hopefully understand what is happening.
    I really don't understand how you got 7+ hours with 42% battery left. I barely reached 7 before it died... Yeah, I have to figure out which app or process(es) is draining my battery while in standby. Here are my latest stats: 25 hours on before it died with 7 hours and 13 minutes screen-on time.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Standby Battery Life-9936.jpg  
    06-26-17 11:03 PM
    I don't know why the app won't let me post two pics at once. Here is the other one:
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Standby Battery Life-9935.jpg  
    06-26-17 11:06 PM
    I just tried the BlackBerry Power Center app and everything seems to be fine. The only things I could change that might improve my standby battery life is turning on adaptive screen brightness, but I'd rather not do that, besides it shouldn't really matter when it comes to standby battery life anyway as the screen is turned off. The last thing would be the position log... I use Google Maps a lot, so I'm not sure I want to do that... Besides, I only have GPS on when I need it...
    06-26-17 11:24 PM
    If the battery drain from phone idle persists perhaps you could try a Network Settings Reset ?
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Standby Battery Life-screenshot_20170627-001526.jpg  
    06-27-17 12:23 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I just did it. I'll see if it made any difference tomorrow morning...
    Insync likes this.
    06-27-17 12:36 AM
    i find the GPS is the one which is quite influential on the battery usage. Maps should still receive notifications even with GPS off when not using... unless it is solely location dependent?

also - 4G (LTE) is massive battery drainer. On my passport I have it off almost all the time. I mean, 3G/HSDPA (H/H+) speed is more than sufficient and 4G drains battery really fast if you have bad coverage. and you got just 2 bars here..
    the speed increase on 4G vs 3G is not that massive improvement that it would be worth the battery drain.
    just try to disable 4G for one day... I believe that will save you like 20-30% of battery alone.

I will check that as soon as I will get my device
    06-27-17 03:50 AM
    Thanks, I might try that, but I'm starting to think that there is something weird going on with my phone when it has been in standby mode for awhile. First of all the phone just automatically switches from silent mode to vibrate during the night, which is extremely annoying as it wakes me up. Secondly, I noticed today when I woke up that a couple of the apps I keep open had been closed during night. I can't figure this out. The phone works fine when I'm actively using it, but when I leave it in standby for a longer period of time it seems to go all possessed and drain the battery more than usual. I'll get on the horn with an exorcist ASAP :P
    06-27-17 09:45 AM
    Thanks, I might try that, but I'm starting to think that there is something weird going on with my phone when it has been in standby mode for awhile. First of all the phone just automatically switches from silent mode to vibrate during the night, which is extremely annoying as it wakes me up. Secondly, I noticed today when I woke up that a couple of the apps I keep open had been closed during night. I can't figure this out. The phone works fine when I'm actively using it, but when I leave it in standby for a longer period of time it seems to go all possessed and drain the battery more than usual. I'll get on the horn with an exorcist ASAP :P
    app closing is just the way how android manages memory usage.
    can you post all app list of the battery usage, including the charts (lines) which show when device is awake and when is sleeping?
    like these (this is not from KEYone - it's from chinese android phone, but it should be more or less similar views):

KEYone Standby Battery Life-screenshot_2017-06-27-15-49-08-880_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    KEYone Standby Battery Life-screenshot_2017-06-27-15-52-20-198_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    06-27-17 09:48 AM
    I only keep 4-5 apps open at all times. They shouldn't get closed by the system. If Android needs mor RAM it will reset the apps, but it won't remove them from the open apps list.
    06-27-17 09:53 AM
    The menus are different on the K1. The attached screenshot is the only other battery relative thing I can think of.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Standby Battery Life-10611.jpg  
    06-27-17 10:16 AM
    My wife took her KEYone that she uses for business off the charger on Friday morning around 8am, used it all day Friday and then left it sitting on her desk all weekend. Monday morning at around 8am the battery was only down to 56%. That's one day of use and two days of standby with more than half a charge remaining.

Apps I know are installed and get used: Yaata, Hub, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Pages Manager, other core BB apps, Chrome. It's a work device for sure.
    06-27-17 02:28 PM
    That's great for her. Unfortunately, that would never happen to me as the standby mode is simply sucking the battery dry, for some reason which I'm still trying to figure out. In actual use, the battery is great, but if I leave the phone alone for some hours, the battery starts draining like crazy.

I transferred all my data from my DTEK50. If this behaviour continues, I'll have to do a factory reset and manually install and reconfigure everything from scratch. What a nightmare.
    06-27-17 03:30 PM
    That's great for her. Unfortunately, that would never happen to me as the standby mode is simply sucking the battery dry, for some reason which I'm still trying to figure out. In actual use, the battery is great, but if I leave the phone alone for some hours, the battery starts draining like crazy.

I transferred all my data from my DTEK50. If this behaviour continues, I'll have to do a factory reset and manually install and reconfigure everything from scratch. What a nightmare.
    We do know that there is nothing wrong with the battery in your phone. Perhaps doing a factory reset would be the wise thing to do.
    06-27-17 05:44 PM
36 12