Hey guys so I am interested in getting the keyone.. has to be sprint because I'm currently doing the 1 year free plan on sprint .. so rather save money than switch to another carrier..

Questions
    ----------
    1. Since the keyone came out on sprint after the other unlocked versions - are there any report of the screen separating? I got mixed answered when calling blackberry - one agent said the units sent to sprint are the newer ones and there's definitely no issue, another agent said she cant be 100% sure..

2. The agent on the phone told me the sprint version is the same internal specs as the unlocked CDMA version and so once unlocked it should be 100% compatible with verizon or say tmobile since the bands overlap.. I can't find this info any where honestly - but wondering if anyone has tried but I doubt it since the device needs to be active on the sprint network for 50 days before being able to be unlocked.. can anyone with a keyone on sprint provide the model number is it in fact the one ending it 003? and possible the build date?

3. Has the bloatware and data not working on sprint issues been solved?

4. Lastly, if you're on sprint and you have this device please let me know what you think... I plan on staying with sprint until next july just because I'm paying like 3 dollars a month for service until then .. but afterwards I'll likely unlock the device and goto verizon ..

Thanks so much for all your answers!!
    Last edited by techguy84s; 08-21-17 at 07:07 PM.
    08-21-17 06:37 PM
    1) From what i've read on here, units made in July are the ones with extra glue. There was a way to find out your manufacture date, but I don't remember

2) No one has tried it yet, but I doubt they would change the internals for their sprint models so you are probably correct that it could theoretically work on verizon.

3) Sprint has acknowledged the Bloatware "bug" having do with their "sprint mobile ID" and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

4) I don't have the KEYone on sprint, but I had sprint from 2009-2016 using my beloved Palm WebOS phone and Bold 9930 and it was perfectly fine in my home city of san diego.. but it had little to no reception when I took it on road trips and visiting family in San Jose, and also really bad reception at my sister's house in Riverside County so it drained my battery significantly trying to reach for a signal.
    08-21-17 07:00 PM
    Hey guys so I am interested in getting the keyone.. has to be sprint because I'm currently doing the 1 year free plan on sprint .. so rather save money than switch to another carrier..

Questions
    ----------
    1. Since the keyone came out on sprint after the other unlocked versions - are there any report of the screen separating? I got mixed answered when calling blackberry - one agent said the units sent to sprint are the newer ones and there's definitely no issue, another agent said she cant be 100% sure..

2. The agent on the phone told me the sprint version is the same internal specs as the unlocked CDMA version and so once unlocked it should be 100% compatible with verizon or say tmobile since the bands overlap.. I can't find this info any where honestly - but wondering if anyone has tried but I doubt it since the device needs to be active on the sprint network for 50 days before being able to be unlocked.. can anyone with a keyone on sprint provide the model number is it in fact the one ending it 003? and possible the build date?

3. Has the bloatware and data not working on sprint issues been solved?

4. Lastly, if you're on sprint and you have this device please let me know what you think... I plan on staying with sprint until next july just because I'm paying like 3 dollars a month for service until then .. but afterwards I'll likely unlock the device and goto verizon ..

Thanks so much for all your answers!!
    All I can tell you is that I'm using the "generic" cdma version with a t-mobile sim card. I'm not sure about extra features but calling, text and data work.
    08-22-17 12:11 AM
    Support on the KeyOne is limited on Verizon. Voice, data, voice and data at the same time, and basic VoiceMail (ie icon only).

Pretty much any of the advanced calling features (visual voice mail, visual Calling, any of the international travel plans/travel pass are not available at this point (could be in the future though). you will get very little support from Verizon as it is an unbranded phone - which is a load of horse hockey. as more keyones come online, I would expect that to change.

some things to keep in mind - your basic functions work great with no or very little issues

cheers,
    Greg
    FF22 likes this.
    08-22-17 12:38 AM