I am salivating over the new KeyOne and ready to purchase at midnight tonight but on a hunch I called Sprint to make sure the unlocked version will work on the Sprint network. The agent told me it would NOT because they will be having their own Sprint KeyOne in a few months.

I find that hard to believe since I always thought an unlocked phone (as long as it was CDMA for Sprint) could be used.

Does anyone know definitively if it will or will not work on Sprint?
    05-30-17 09:00 PM
    Sprint has an older CDMA provisioning system. You can't add a phone even tho it has Sprint's CDMA bands until they add it to their BYOD list. It's different than Verizon where you can switch to a new CDMA phone model on an existing line or activate a new line on a donor phone and then switch it to your new CDMA phone.
    05-30-17 09:10 PM
    I am salivating over the new KeyOne and ready to purchase at midnight tonight but on a hunch I called Sprint to make sure the unlocked version will work on the Sprint network. The agent told me it would NOT because they will be having their own Sprint KeyOne in a few months.

I find that hard to believe since I always thought an unlocked phone (as long as it was CDMA for Sprint) could be used.

Does anyone know definitively if it will or will not work on Sprint?
    Unfortunately per Blackberry it will not work with Sprint. I will wait a week and see if any sprint users purchase it and are able to activate it but it doesn't sound likely.
    05-30-17 09:28 PM
    Unfortunately per Blackberry it will not work with Sprint. I will wait a week and see if any sprint users purchase it and are able to activate it but it doesn't sound likely.
    It's such a bummer
    05-30-17 09:38 PM
    I am so disappointed. I called BB sales direct this morning and the agent confirmed only carries with GSM networking could use the KeyOne with today's launch. That means any carrier with CDMA, which includes Sprint, is out of luck for now.

It's like waiving a steak in front of a hungry lion that hasn't been fed in 4yrs (the age of my Bold).

I guess that means that i'll have to wait until the Sprint release, which I am told, is in the summer.

Please post your KeyOne experiences so I can live vicariously through you

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-31-17 09:44 PM
    Sprint is the worst carrier to deal with. They're ways of activating phones are so old and dated. I thought Tmobile was buying them out or something. I hope that's true

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    05-31-17 10:04 PM
    Sprint certainly has issues but I give them a thumbs up for partnering with BB for the KeyOne. The question is WHEN will the KeyOne be available for CDMA networks that includes Verizon and Sprint here in the states.

05-31-17 11:13 PM
    i spoke with a Sprint rep yesterday and they have no official date to define what "KeyOne will be available at Sprint in the summer" means.

Best guess is July/August so us BB lovers with Sprint as a carrier here in the states must sit on our hands until then.

Although I am disappointed, my Bold is fully operational and I guess i'll keep clicking away on my favorite QWERTY keyboard until the KeyOne is available from Sprint.

06-02-17 08:43 AM
    If possible I'd switch to a GSM carrier. To switch phones all I did was pop the SIM out of my PRIV and add it to my KEYone. So simple.
    06-02-17 01:55 PM