Can anyone comment on the quality of voice calls using the speaker phone? In the past, all the BlackBerrys that I owned had great speaker phone sound quality as well as mic pickup. The old BBOS ones were the best. Passport, Z10 and PRIV were good. The DTEKs were awful and unusable. How's the KEYone compared to other BlackBerrys?
    06-06-17 05:27 PM
    KEYone speaker phone sounds loud and clear. friend told me earlier I sounded way better than the PRIV.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    06-06-17 05:39 PM
    anyone else chime in for that?
    06-06-17 05:48 PM
    I find the speaker phone quite fine...no different than my DTEK60 which was pretty good.
    06-06-17 05:48 PM
    Not loving my speaker phone. I've noticed the speaker distorts at anything higher than 80%ish volume. When I take calls from other speaker phones, or I play YouTube videos with lowish quality it's distorted and very very muddy... I'm not sure if it's my phone or all BBB100-1's
    06-06-17 05:53 PM
    Not loving my speaker phone. I've noticed the speaker distorts at anything higher than 80%ish volume. When I take calls from other speaker phones, or I play YouTube videos with lowish quality it's distorted and very very muddy... I'm not sure if it's my phone or all BBB100-1's
    My speaker is about the same level of meh. Certain ranges of audio get garbled at louder volumes.
    06-06-17 07:00 PM
    So I called BBM about it. Their solution was to run Virtual Expert.... Which isn't compatible with the KeyOne. On hold now. This is sorta pathetic really. Also, they have just told me they have no devices for RMA directly. Anyone with issues have to go through their vendors.
    06-06-17 07:27 PM
    Quality speaker phone. I am on the phone for hours everyday. Phone performs admirably. 3-5 hours minimum on calls everyday. perfect business phone for communicating.
    06-06-17 07:49 PM
    So I called BBM about it. Their solution was to run Virtual Expert.... Which isn't compatible with the KeyOne. On hold now. This is sorta pathetic really. Also, they have just told me they have no devices for RMA directly. Anyone with issues have to go through their vendors.
    Does Amazon have devices set aside for RMA?
    06-06-17 07:51 PM
    It isnt as good as Passport... but honestly, the Passport speakers were my fave of any phone I have ever used. They were amazing, so coming from that anything is 'not good' but I literally just used the Speaker Phone now and it was perfect
    06-06-17 07:58 PM
    Speaker phone is very clear...and the people I have called say I sound better than calling from my old phone...the Z30.

Posted using Z30 on CB
    06-06-17 08:17 PM
    Speaker is fine for calls, but probably not as fulfilling as the Passport. Neither a deal maker or deal breaker.
    06-06-17 08:56 PM
    Sounds fantastic as all BB do My wife note right away she could hear me much better than my previous N6P. The difference for me on my end is also night and day. Fantastic call quality!
    06-07-17 06:27 AM
    I exchanged my phone today after questioning the speaker quality. It's a world of difference! The speaker on my new handset is fantastic. With this issue resolved I can confidently say that this is one of the nicest phones I've owned!!
    06-07-17 07:44 PM
    Thankfully I'm not the only one based on a few posts here. I sometimes feel it could be louder but I guess I'm a bit spoiled after using the Passport SE all these years.
    06-07-17 07:48 PM
    Anyone done a replacement through Amazon? I'm eligible for replacement through June 30. Do they ship a replacement before or after you ship back to them? Would hate to be without this device while waiting for new stock to arrive to Amazon for something that I dont use too much.
    06-07-17 09:06 PM
    Anyone done a replacement through Amazon? I'm eligible for replacement through June 30. Do they ship a replacement before or after you ship back to them? Would hate to be without this device while waiting for new stock to arrive to Amazon for something that I dont use too much.
    Was able to chat to a rep. Got a replacement "en route" for deliver around July. *eye roll* but at least they're sending one.
    06-07-17 09:40 PM
    KEYone speaker phone sounds loud and clear. friend told me earlier I sounded way better than the PRIV.
    Second that
    06-07-17 09:46 PM
    I exchanged my phone today after questioning the speaker quality. It's a world of difference! The speaker on my new handset is fantastic. With this issue resolved I can confidently say that this is one of the nicest phones I've owned!!
    Which carrier are you with? I'm wondering if my speakers are faulty too. Mine sound terrible.
    06-10-17 12:40 PM
    It's not as strong as what my Q10 was. I'm not disappointed by this however.
    06-10-17 01:24 PM
    Has anyone's KEYone speaker volume change through usage. I remember the speaker being louder playing YouTube videos when I first got the phone, but recently it is lowered in general. This is @ highest volume in the media sound setting.
    06-11-17 01:13 PM
    That's interesting. My brother just got the KEYone and is having speaker issues. My PRIV is doing just fine. Hopefully it's just a software issue.
    06-13-17 01:32 PM
    I would describe it as very acceptable. It certainly doesn't have the rich quality that my Passport SE has.
    I bought one, three weeks ago and sold it, as I just couldn't forsake all the quality aspects of the Passport, ( especially the sound quality and the brilliant keyboard ) but I have now become SO frustrated with Android apps not working properly, I bought another Keyone, ( which has many great qualities of its own! ) and will learn to live without that great keyboard and beautiful rich sound. I just wish that Blackberry or TCL would make an "Android" Passport. I much prefer BB10 OS but the lack of apps is now an unacceptable problem.
    06-18-17 07:36 PM
    The speaker phone is decent. But it's not a clear winner like the passport was.

As a BlackBerry user its disappointing because i'm used to the best. but its still good enough and not a primary reason for me to choose another device.

its all about those shortcuts for me.
    06-18-17 08:19 PM
    The speaker phone is decent. But it's not a clear winner like the passport was.

As a BlackBerry user its disappointing because i'm used to the best. but its still good enough and not a primary reason for me to choose another device.

its all about those shortcuts for me.
    It really is sad that BlackBerry does not mean the best quality anymore. And I don't mean about specs, I'm talking hardware components and build quality.

I'd personally love to see a KEYtwo with mid-range specs but incredible speaker, reception, water resistance, and an amazing battery. All functional upgrades. Heck, I'd take a low-end processor and 2gb ram like the BLU R1 HD but with iPhone like software updates and build quality. These are things that make a phone a real long lasting workhorse in my opinion. I'd rather have a communication beast for 4 years, versus the ability to leave 40 apps open in the rolodex with instant reload time and faster snapchat but put up with weak calls and low volume every single day just waiting for the next best thing to come out.

 C L A S S I C
    06-18-17 09:34 PM
37 12