I have been reading as much as time allows on the KEYone but didn't see this anywhere.

Does anyone know if the KEYone will have speak to text option so if we don't want to use the keyboard to type a message out we can dictate it?

Thanks.
    02-26-17 07:54 AM
    It's an Android phone, several ways to do this.
    02-26-17 01:03 PM
    Certainly hope so, as pointed out its an android thing and I have just recently started using it on the dtek50 so I'm sure the k1 will also. Mind you I only use it when I'm alone :-)
    02-26-17 01:08 PM
    I have been reading as much as time allows on the KEYone but didn't see this anywhere.

Does anyone know if the KEYone will have speak to text option so if we don't want to use the keyboard to type a message out we can dictate it?

Thanks.
    Have no fear, this is such a standard thing it's not even a question.

Does it run android and have a microphone? Yes......

Then there is speech to text.
    02-26-17 03:43 PM
    That is one feature that I absolutely INSIST on with my iphone because I HATE typing on it and passwords are next to impossible with my massive man thumbs.

With a PKB like the K1 I wouldn't even use talk to text if it was available. Typing is fun and rewarding when you have a KB you appreciate and look foreward to using.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-26-17 05:34 PM
    It's an Android phone, several ways to do this.
    Thanks.
    02-26-17 05:35 PM
    Have no fear, this is such a standard thing it's not even a question.

Does it run android and have a microphone? Yes......

Then there is speech to text.
    That is what I thought but haven't really used Android OS for long periods of time, so I wasn't sure. Thanks.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    02-26-17 05:36 PM
    Is it in built voice to text via blackberry software or standard android? I create a ton of content and use pro dictation software on my computer and whatever I can find on android. Even with PKB voice to text is faster on the right software with the right technique. I'm using BB10 for the first time and I'm impressed with the built in voice to text and dedicated button if K1 and K2 only have standard android voice to text vs blackberry controlled then I willl be disappointed
    06-18-18 11:21 AM