Hey guys,

So I'm just a bit annoyed with the KeyOne and Blackberry Mobile wasn't able to do anything when I called... So I bought the KeyOne, June 2019. I've had some issues with it after it could have been covered by any warranties and BBMo's support wasn't particularly helpful.

Detail about phone issues (can be skipped over)
    About 6 weeks ago (so it wouldn't be covered under any warranties or anything) I've had issues with the spacebar/touch sensor just falling off, I've had to keep it together with literally tape. About about a month, my phone's had charging issues where it charges extremely slowly, and instead of only having 2 options (charge only or boost) it has an additional sync option. It's happened in the past usually when my charging cables get tangled and is fixed by replacing the cable, however I've tried using a couple different and new cables, as well as chargers (Blackberry, Samsung, QC 2.0), however no combination seems to work. The phone's also gets extremely slow sometimes, and apps keep freezing/not responding, phone calls are slow to end, so that might be related to the battery or otherwise probably just software, so that's a secondary issue I barely use the phone anyways. Ampere shows less than 200mAh charging (or sometimes negative), not sure what's normal.

Warranty and Support Issue / Key2
    So I called Blackberry Mobile saying, acknowledging that it wouldn't be covered and saying I was willing to get the spacebar and the slow charging issue fixed, but they basically just said it's EOL as they no longer have any parts... I was thinking of maybe just getting a Key2, however I wasn't really able to get a definite answer as to whether they'd still be able to take it in for repair even if it would still be under warranty since they said parts would no longer be in production... They said they weren't able to say whether the Key2 or Key2 LE would be EOL first or when. So wondering if anyone's heard any different or what sort of experiences you guys had with TCL's warranty?

Apart from a Nokia, I've only had BlackBerry phones, the Curve 9300, Torch 9810, Blackberry Q5, Blackberry Passport, and the KeyOne, and haven't had any issues with keys falling off, what's the build quality for the Key2 like? Does the Key2 LE improve on the Key2 at all, regarding build quality?
    08-25-20 07:38 PM
    First of all, you can find replacement KEYone keyboards for less than $30 on eBay, so I'd definitely go that route instead of having a KEYone with a busted spacebar.

After that, whether you wanna get a KEY2 is up to you, but even if BBMo won't take it in for repair (should it even develop any PKB problems), then spare KEY2 keyboards are still readily available on eBay as well, although more expensive than the KEYone ones.
    08-25-20 08:14 PM
    Hey guys,

So I'm just a bit annoyed with the KeyOne and Blackberry Mobile wasn't able to do anything when I called... So I bought the KeyOne, June 2019. I've had some issues with it after it could have been covered by any warranties and BBMo's support wasn't particularly helpful.

Detail about phone issues (can be skipped over)
    About 6 weeks ago (so it wouldn't be covered under any warranties or anything) I've had issues with the spacebar/touch sensor just falling off, I've had to keep it together with literally tape. About about a month, my phone's had charging issues where it charges extremely slowly, and instead of only having 2 options (charge only or boost) it has an additional sync option. It's happened in the past usually when my charging cables get tangled and is fixed by replacing the cable, however I've tried using a couple different and new cables, as well as chargers (Blackberry, Samsung, QC 2.0), however no combination seems to work. The phone's also gets extremely slow sometimes, and apps keep freezing/not responding, phone calls are slow to end, so that might be related to the battery or otherwise probably just software, so that's a secondary issue I barely use the phone anyways. Ampere shows less than 200mAh charging (or sometimes negative), not sure what's normal.

Warranty and Support Issue / Key2
    So I called Blackberry Mobile saying, acknowledging that it wouldn't be covered and saying I was willing to get the spacebar and the slow charging issue fixed, but they basically just said it's EOL as they no longer have any parts... I was thinking of maybe just getting a Key2, however I wasn't really able to get a definite answer as to whether they'd still be able to take it in for repair even if it would still be under warranty since they said parts would no longer be in production... They said they weren't able to say whether the Key2 or Key2 LE would be EOL first or when. So wondering if anyone's heard any different or what sort of experiences you guys had with TCL's warranty?

Apart from a Nokia, I've only had BlackBerry phones, the Curve 9300, Torch 9810, Blackberry Q5, Blackberry Passport, and the KeyOne, and haven't had any issues with keys falling off, what's the build quality for the Key2 like? Does the Key2 LE improve on the Key2 at all, regarding build quality?
    Look into your USB port on the KeyOne to check that there's no (conductive) debris sitting in there. If there was dirt in there at some point that would have caused a short, it may have heated the port to an extent where the spacebar (right above the port) got hot and melted or weakened the adhesive so that the key detached itself. It probably would have damaged the charging port as well, so you may be looking at replacing the port, plus a new keyboard if you're unable to glue the key back on.

My Key2 is built solid, and so is an associates' Key2LE for that matter - they may be hard to find at reasonable prices though.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-20 08:16 PM