With apologies for yet another thread about K1 space bars... Mine is not just loose or clicky, and certainly not sticking (if only!), but is now falling off completely on one side!

Obviously this is a real worry, not least because if it fell off entirely I would no longer be able to unlock my phone via the fingerprint-reader!

My phone is now a good three years old and has been thrown around quite a lot, but I've no urge to get a new one unless I really have to.

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience of repairing this (pretty major!) issue?

Thanks a lot!
    09-17-19 04:50 AM
    With apologies for yet another thread about K1 space bars... Mine is not just loose or clicky, and certainly not sticking (if only!), but is now falling off completely on one side!

Obviously this is a real worry, not least because if it fell off entirely I would no longer be able to unlock my phone via the fingerprint-reader!

My phone is now a good three years old and has been thrown around quite a lot, but I've no urge to get a new one unless I really have to.

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience of repairing this (pretty major!) issue?

Thanks a lot!
    Sounds like maybe time for a new keyboard. Can you post a picture?

https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...rry_KEYone/en/

https://www.amazon.com/ASHATA-Origin...UvbUpU13444779
    09-17-19 08:21 AM

Thanks a lot!
    Wow that's surprising. I owned several keyones and never had that issue.
    09-17-19 11:09 AM
    Well, as you can imagine I'd need a different phone or camera to take a pic, but might do. However I should say that I've contacted Blackberry Customer Services, who have in fairness responded very quickly, so I'll see where that leads.

Thanks, however, Chetmanley, for those links which show replacement of the keyboard evidently is a possibility.

By the way, I misremembered, it's about two-and-half years old, not over three.
    09-17-19 11:38 AM
    replacement keyboards all over ebay, Amazon, google...
    09-18-19 10:34 AM