Anyone with a PRIV who uses Snapchat will know that you can't add a caption to snaps using the PKB. My question is will Snapchat work with the KEYone keyboard? I really want the KEYone as my daily device but if the keyboard doesn't work in Snapchat then I'm out.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-07-17 04:50 AM
    Anyone with a PRIV who uses Snapchat will know that you can't add a caption to snaps using the PKB. My question is will Snapchat work with the KEYone keyboard? I really want the KEYone as my daily device but if the keyboard doesn't work in Snapchat then I'm out.
    Very true !
    03-07-17 05:28 AM
    Great question! That was so annoying on Snapchat on the PRIV. Hopefully someone thought of this, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
    03-07-17 06:09 AM
    That's very concerning

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 06:13 AM
    I would ask Bla1ze, i know he posted a test thing on BBM for Snap chat. There wasn't any updated from that convo. Let him know
    03-07-17 07:07 AM
    Seriously, this is one thing that irks me out of many about Snapchat
    03-07-17 08:32 AM
    Yes! I have this problem too. I can use the keyboard in private chat but not to edit the photos.

I also hate that it zooms in when you record a video. Instagram does this too.
    03-07-17 08:52 AM
    You, guys, do realize that this is Snapchat's, not BlackBerry's bug? I just tried using it with my old phone and a regular Bluetooth keyboard connected. It just doesn't work.
    So you should complain to Snapchat about fixing it because I really don't see how could BB fix that.
    03-07-17 09:12 AM
    You, guys, do realize that this is Snapchat's, not BlackBerry's bug? I just tried using it with my old phone and a regular Bluetooth keyboard connected. It just doesn't work.
    So you should complain to Snapchat about fixing it because I really don't see how could BB fix that.
    Yes , we are aware it's a snapchat issue. Which is why we are wondering how the K1 works with snapchat. Don't want to assume it's gonna be the same issue
    03-07-17 10:28 AM
    Yes , we are aware it's a snapchat issue. Which is why we are wondering how the K1 works with snapchat. Don't want to assume it's gonna be the same issue
    Ok, but some of the posts here sound like people are blaming Priv, i.e. BlackBerry for this, when it's obviously entirely Snapchat's fault and you should ask them to fix their bug.
    To be honest, I find it really hard to understand why would anyone even want to use that incredibly bad messenger. Especially when there are so many great IMs nowadays.
    WT44 likes this.
    03-07-17 10:57 AM
    KEYone is a Droid phone. I can't imagine it will be any different with the same coded app.

Posted via CB10
    Mirko935 likes this.
    03-07-17 10:58 AM
    Then use the VKB, what's the problem?
    https://futurezone.at/produkte/black...7/249.694.118#
    KEYone and Snapchat-249.698.430.jpg
    03-07-17 01:10 PM
    Aside from the fact its completely idiotic, nothing at all. Lol.
    VeryBumpy and F3lix like this.
    03-07-17 01:15 PM
    Wow.. I have no clue as to what to think about this. To each his own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    pooyam likes this.
    03-07-17 01:26 PM
    Aside from the fact its completely idiotic, nothing at all. Lol.
    I would say it's more idiotic to not purchase the device solely based on the fact that you would have to use the vkb for snap chat captions. I'm not sure how much people are snap chatting throughout the day but it's a bit extreme for this to be the sole reason to not buy the device if you truly want it.
    pooyam and tdaye like this.
    03-07-17 01:28 PM
    If anyone has a problem with the keyboard not being able to work on snap, take it up with snapchat not blackberry.
    03-07-17 01:36 PM
    Fair question to ask. Why the hate?
    03-07-17 01:54 PM
    Certainly a fair question to ask. Maybe CBK can answer this and put it to rest.
    03-07-17 02:00 PM
    I just don't like injustice.

This is a Snapchat bug, they have a seriously botched implementation of physical keyboard input and it has nothing to do with BB (as I said earlier, it doesn't work with a regular keyboard on another phone. I've never before even seen an app that has a problem with something so basic. Maybe Facebook, another example of programming excellence , which I remember had a problem a few years ago where it would wipe your entire message if you rotated your phone. I had a landscape slider back then so... yeah, it was fun).
    Anyway, you need to ask them to fix it, neither BlackBerry nor Google or anyone else can (nor should) do anything about it.
    03-07-17 02:52 PM
    I just don't like injustice.

This is a Snapchat bug, they have a seriously botched implementation of physical keyboard input and it has nothing to do with BB (as I said earlier, it doesn't work with a regular keyboard on another phone. I've never before even seen an app that has a problem with something so basic. Maybe Facebook, another example of programming excellence , which I remember had a problem a few years ago where it would wipe your entire message if you rotated your phone. I had a landscape slider back then so... yeah, it was fun).
    Anyway, you need to ask them to fix it, neither BlackBerry nor Google or anyone else can (nor should) do anything about it.
    Perhaps they simply don't care enough because the PKB market is so small when they have so many other users.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-07-17 02:57 PM
    I would say it's more idiotic to not purchase the device solely based on the fact that you would have to use the vkb for snap chat captions. I'm not sure how much people are snap chatting throughout the day but it's a bit extreme for this to be the sole reason to not buy the device if you truly want it.
    For me its not about the app at all, or whether or not someone should use this as an excuse to not buy the phone. Its about not being able to use the pkb to input simple text. That is unacceptable and BlackBerry needs to figure out a way to fix it.
    03-07-17 03:01 PM
    For me its not about the app at all, or whether or not someone should use this as an excuse to not buy the phone. Its about not being able to use the pkb to input simple text. That is unacceptable and BlackBerry needs to figure out a way to fix it.
    I'm not saying one should or shouldn't use it. I'm saying it's not totally unusable (Can use vkb) so not buying the phone simply for the reason stated above is ludicrous. Now should it work with the pkb, yes of course. Is it a reason to not buy the phone if you want it, absolutely not in my opinion.
    03-07-17 03:14 PM
    Snapchat! My god...
    03-07-17 03:15 PM
    Then use the VKB, what's the problem?
    https://futurezone.at/produkte/black...7/249.694.118#
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	249.698.430.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	418855
    Is it possible to pull up the vkb whenever you desire or does it have the Priv's implementation where you have to go into settings to enable or disable.

I don't want to have the vkb displayed all the time just for writing captions on snapchat
    03-07-17 03:25 PM
    For the fourth time, Snapchat has the issue with inputting simple text! Snapchat, not BlackBerry. Android has very well defined input devices and BlackBerry obviously does everything by the book. Snapchat doesn't input text when it sees a hardware keyboard. Any kind of hardware keyboard, not just BlackBerry's, as I wrote twice already. This is not BlackBerry's issue.
    03-07-17 03:25 PM
101 123 ...