Has anyone had issue with their keyone when typing sms messages? The messages deleting.... as fast as I can type them. Its like someone is holding down the delete key
    03-20-21 11:46 AM
    Not really. Only in the sms app? Did you try to restart? Did you try an other SMS app?
    03-20-21 01:30 PM
    Has anyone had issue with their keyone when typing sms messages? The messages deleting.... as fast as I can type them. Its like someone is holding down the delete key
    Which app are you using?

Did you update all of your apps in Google Play? Did you reboot your phone by holding down the power button for 32 seconds? Did you clear the app cache in the app in question?
    03-20-21 01:31 PM
    It happens with what's app and sms messenger and even emails. Yes all apps up to date... Yes I have done reboots. Yes I have cleared the cache. Appreciate your suggestions.
    03-20-21 01:35 PM
    It happens with what's app and sms messenger and even emails. Yes all apps up to date... Yes I have done reboots. Yes I have cleared the cache. Appreciate your suggestions.
    Time for a factory reset then. Seems like it's constantly registering a swipe-left keyboard gesture.
    03-20-21 04:09 PM
    If what conite said doesn't solve the problem, maybe it's time for a replacement keyboard. At least this solved the same issue for me.
    03-21-21 12:33 PM
    Maybe clear the cache for BlackBerry keyboard too? Settings > Apps & notifications > show all apps. Then go to BlackBerry Keyboard, tap Storage, and clear cache from there.
    03-22-21 10:39 AM
    Thanks for these suggestions.. So excuse my ignorance, but to do a factory reset, I first need to backup all my contacts etc... Is that easily done? and can someone steer me?
    03-22-21 11:37 AM
    Thanks for these suggestions.. So excuse my ignorance, but to do a factory reset, I first need to backup all my contacts etc... Is that easily done? and can someone steer me?
    Are they not already associated with a cloud email account?
    03-22-21 12:38 PM
    well I have a gmail account, and a yahoo account ..but honestly not sure
    03-22-21 12:40 PM
    well I have a gmail account, and a yahoo account ..but honestly not sure
    Go online with your laptop and see what contacts are there.

If you have Google Backup enabled on your phone, you should be ok anyway.
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-22-21 02:24 PM
    Thanks for all the assistance to date. I have followed all of your suggestions including a factory reset last night which went very well considering how much of a novice I am... Unfortunately the intermittent "Auto swipe left" has returned this afternoon. So.. it may be I have to follow the keyboard replacement suggestion. I am in Toronto, and with limited Key One support here, where does one go to find a replacement keyboard.. assume that is not something a novice does. I really dont want to go to iPhone
    03-23-21 03:21 PM
    Thanks for all the assistance to date. I have followed all of your suggestions including a factory reset last night which went very well considering how much of a novice I am... Unfortunately the intermittent "Auto swipe left" has returned this afternoon. So.. it may be I have to follow the keyboard replacement suggestion. I am in Toronto, and with limited Key One support here, where does one go to find a replacement keyboard.. assume that is not something a novice does. I really dont want to go to iPhone
    I have a clumsy acquaintance here in the GTA who had to have his KEY2 keyboard replaced. He had it done at uBreakiFix, for about $110, if I recall correctly. They have about 10 locations in the GTA (https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations). You'd need to check about drop-off/pick-up options due to the ever-changing COVID restrictions. It took about 2 days because of the restrictions. Also, be sure to check availability of the parts -- the KEYone keyboard may or may not be as quickly available as the one for the KEY2.
    03-23-21 05:44 PM
    Thanks I will give them a call
    03-23-21 05:58 PM
    I have a clumsy acquaintance here in the GTA who had to have his KEY2 keyboard replaced. He had it done at uBreakiFix, for about $110, if I recall correctly. They have about 10 locations in the GTA (https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations). You'd need to check about drop-off/pick-up options due to the ever-changing COVID restrictions. It took about 2 days because of the restrictions. Also, be sure to check availability of the parts -- the KEYone keyboard may or may not be as quickly available as the one for the KEY2.
    Did $110 include the spare keyboard at uBreakiFix?
    03-23-21 09:08 PM
    Did $110 include the spare keyboard at uBreakiFix?
    Yes, that’s what he said. Probably before tax, of course. Seemed quite reasonable. About the same as a “new” OEM battery replacement.
    03-23-21 09:30 PM
    Yes, that’s what he said. Probably before tax, of course. Seemed quite reasonable. About the same as a “new” OEM battery replacement.
    I think it is terribly expensive, I'm afraid. I got mine from eBay for about 9 GBP!
    03-24-21 09:01 AM
    I think it is terribly expensive, I'm afraid. I got mine from eBay for about 9 GBP!
    An OEM part?

Also, this was $CAD, or about 60GBP. Which includes installation.
    03-24-21 09:14 AM
    An OEM part?

Also, this was $CAD, or about 60GBP. Which includes installation.
    To be honest, I don't know if it was an OEM part; it was from China, but then again the phone is made in China! And in any case, the kb works faultessly! 9 GBP is about 11.50 euros and I also paid 5 more euros for the installation. All in all way cheaper than the price you mentioned above and the end result is it works fine.
    03-24-21 09:22 AM
    To be honest, I don't know if it was an OEM part; it was from China, but then again the phone is made in China! And in any case, the kb works faultessly! 9 GBP is about 11.50 euros and I also paid 5 more euros for the installation. All in all way cheaper than the price you mentioned above and the end result is it works fine.
    I don't set the pricing -- I'm merely relaying it for the OP.
    03-24-21 09:25 AM
    I don't set the pricing -- I'm merely relaying it for the OP.
    Yes, I know. I just shared my experience is all.
    03-24-21 09:27 AM
    so just an update.... the ubreakifix.com folks in Toronto cannot get access to blackberry parts through their suppliers........now i am checking out other repair shops. in the meantime I have turned off the swipe left function in my settings, and while not great to go without it, so far its solved the issue.
    03-24-21 12:47 PM