Intereset to get a SmartWatch, will BlackBerry realease any SmartWatch in near future or should I go with other brand?

If they won't realease, what's your preferred brand/model? Any suggestions?

Thank you
    11-10-17 06:20 AM
    In the past TCL has done smartwatches.... but that market is a tough one and like most their phones, their watches didn't stand out. Smartwatch is most a consumer product, and that isn't what BlackBerry Mobile is about, even if the did bring one.... it would be an TCL clone. And sadly the one time friend of BB10, Pebble has just about fallen off the map.

By and far the leader at this point is Apple - it's what most smartwatch owners own, and it's what's at the top of most reviews.
    With other smartphone brands following.... LG, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia and Moto.
    Fitbit and Polar do make some popular devices with fitness in mind.

But if money is no object... Tag Heuer isn't to be left out.
    11-10-17 08:14 AM
    Intereset to get a SmartWatch, will BlackBerry realease any SmartWatch in near future or should I go with other brand?

If they won't realease, what's your preferred brand/model? Any suggestions?

Thank you
    I use an ASUS ZENWATCH2 due to amazing batterylife and larger screen! Always connects nicely never had any issues! When I got my watch it use to come with matching steel bracelet, I believe it's only cheaper leather straps now!
    TamCC likes this.
    11-10-17 11:39 AM
    Garmin Vivoactive
    11-11-17 06:24 PM
    Since you're using an Android smartphone, you should preferably get an Android Wear smartwatch. The new Misfit Vapor seems to have a good price/value ratio.
    TamCC likes this.
    11-11-17 06:34 PM
    hope my apple watch can connect to my keyone. hehehe
    11-11-17 08:47 PM
    samsung gear s2. works well. got it cheap on ebay.
    11-11-17 10:40 PM
    If you don't need GPS / or a heart-frequency feature, then the Fossil Explorist could be an option.

This is my First smartwatch now for a few days and I try to understand, why I bought this watch. Yes, you can adjust the watchface, this is nice. But Android Wear seems not as good as the Apple Watches tbh.
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Smart watch-83443.jpg  
    TamCC likes this.
    11-12-17 05:53 AM
    Just got the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and love it. Works like a charm.
    TamCC likes this.
    11-12-17 09:17 AM
    definitely choose the Samsung gear s3. just found out how to get Samsung pay working with the Keyone, too. perfect
    TamCC likes this.
    11-14-17 12:22 AM
    I use a Martian watch. It works well for notifications . Currently several models are on sale for under under $80. I don't think that any of their models track fitness.
    11-14-17 10:49 PM
    I also have the Fossil Explorist and it's quite good. The Apple Watch is still better though. The Samsung watches don't have Google assistant which to me it the most important application on the watch.
    TamCC likes this.
    11-15-17 10:24 AM
    Are you able to reply to SMS messages as with the Pebble?
    TamCC likes this.
    11-15-17 01:32 PM
    I can reply to sms, mail and WhatsApp just fine.
    TamCC likes this.
    11-15-17 03:56 PM
    I couldn't be happier w the Samsung gear s3 and Keyone now that someone found a way to keep Samsung pay working even w a KO (can't use android pay on Samsung watches) - Google maps app for directions helps when I'm in countries where I'm walking a lot and works fine connecting to s3. would like Google assistant usage on watch - wonder if there's ever a hack for that
    TamCC likes this.
    11-16-17 01:02 PM
    I couldn't be happier w the Samsung gear s3 and Keyone now that someone found a way to keep Samsung pay working even w a KO (can't use android pay on Samsung watches) - Google maps app for directions helps when I'm in countries where I'm walking a lot and works fine connecting to s3. would like Google assistant usage on watch - wonder if there's ever a hack for that
    You have it on the watch? Does your watch have cell/data service? Mine is BT and wifi with no separate service.
    TamCC likes this.
    11-16-17 03:21 PM
    yes, the forum Samsung s3 and Samsung pay - another member posted a work around. no separate service on mine, it's just downloading a version of Samsung pay through apkmirror. you can't easily find the Samsung pay app via the gear app once installed, so if you ever need to open it up, go through it on your watch (Samsung pay) and choose an option that requires the app to pop up on your Keyone screen. works perfectly, already tried it out.
    TamCC likes this.
    11-16-17 03:24 PM
    yes, the forum Samsung s3 and Samsung pay - another member posted a work around. no separate service on mine, it's just downloading a version of Samsung pay through apkmirror. you can't easily find the Samsung pay app via the gear app once installed, so if you ever need to open it up, go through it on your watch (Samsung pay) and choose an option that requires the app to pop up on your Keyone screen. works perfectly, already tried it out.
    I was asking about Google Maps - is that available on the GEAR S3?
    TamCC likes this.
    11-16-17 09:31 PM
    myKronoz ZeTime.
    11-16-17 09:56 PM
    I use a Fossil Q Hybrid. The watch is a regular watch with Bluetooth to track steps and buzz for calls or text messages.
    11-16-17 11:15 PM
    I was asking about Google Maps - is that available on the GEAR S3?
    Not specifically but there is a nav program that takes the turn by turn directions from Google maps on your phone and displays (and alerts) them on the s3 gear
    11-17-17 12:12 AM