Hi

Is there an android smart watch, that would compliment the coolness and individuality of the Keyone?

Regards Chris
    05-17-17 11:53 AM
    Funny you should ask that. I've been pondering it too recently.

In the end after realising that I didn't want the watch bombarding me with notifications, I decided on a Withings Steel HR because I prefer a watch to actually look like a watch whilst not trying to do too many functions at once.

However, if I was going the Android wear route then for me it was between the Huawei Watch (1st gen- not a fan of the latest, but personal preference and all that) or if I had bigger wrists I'd have chosen the LG W150 Urbane. Unfortunately, the largest I can go for my wrists is 43mm before it looks oversized (LG is 46).
    Chris Townsend3 likes this.
    05-17-17 11:58 AM
    The original LG Urbane (LG-W150) with black band . Has a similar style and although previous gen, gets the 2.0 Wear update.

Keyone smart watch?-s-l1600.jpg
    Dan Millen and RezzaBuh like this.
    05-17-17 01:07 PM
    Lots of options on android wear. I personally like the zenwatch line, probably doesn't match super well but there are many color options from asus/LG/Motorola. Plus most take 22mm bands so I'm sure you could find something to match the back cover nicely
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    05-17-17 05:55 PM
    Tag Heuer Connected Modular 45.
    05-17-17 11:32 PM
    Tag Heuer Connected Modular 45.
    Do you have any experience with it? Expand?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 11:56 PM
    Garmin Fenix 5x. Best Watch I've had.
    05-18-17 12:03 AM
    Yes, I have it and love it!
    Before the Modular 45 I had the first Version, but the new one is by far superior. The only issue one Could have is maybe the battery runtime. I get around 17 to 18 hours, enough for my normal workdays. Mainly I use it for notifications, and since I am a "power-user", there are plenty of it...
    (For comparison: the battery of my KeyOne is just enough for one Day, I normaly go to bed with around 15% battery, but its better than all of my iPhone I had before)
    I can recommend the Tag, its one of the few smartwatches that look really good and Performance is also very good!
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    05-18-17 12:16 AM
    Don't have a Keyone yet but the Samsung Gear S3 pairs nicely with the Priv. In the US I've got Samsung Pay to work and Shealth on the watch communicates with the Priv so I can see my various stats.

You can pair it with the phone to make phone calls although I've only tested it since I prefer pairing with other devices. I also receive email and BBM on the watch.

Samsung is NOT Android Wear/Gear.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-18-17 12:29 AM
    Samsung is NOT Android Wear/Gear.
    And that's probably its best feature.
    05-18-17 02:56 AM
    And that's probably its best feature.
    I don't really know anything about Android wear watches or other stuff.

I'm reasonably happy with the watch. And I do have to tip my hat to YOU for help when I decided to adopt this watch. Wore it for its first bike ride yesterday. Tracked and mapped my route and announced each mile as it passed. Only did 10.8 miles.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-18-17 09:06 AM
    Well i really love my vector watch. One month battery, few aplications but gets job donne with notifications... And... As with the keyone ... No one i know has one lol.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-18-17 11:44 AM
    I don't really know anything about Android wear watches or other stuff.
    From what I've seen/heard/read, most of them can't get more than a day of use out of their battery, they're more buggy and seem more like a Google's afterthought hastily scrapped together from the phone OS so they can say then have an OS for smarwatches. While Tizen on Samsungs really looks and feels like it was made for watches. Even the simple-yet-ingenious way of interacting with it with the rotating bezel is something no AW watch can match. If you have a keyboard on your phone, you must also have something as tactile as that to use on your watch instead of tapping and swiping on a miniscule touchscreen.

There are more apps available for AW, but I have yet to stumble upon something that I'd want to have on it that isn't in the Galaxy Apps Store and it's not like I really want to view my Instagram or Facebook feed on my watch (though, apparently, there's that too).

I'm reasonably happy with the watch. And I do have to tip my hat to YOU for help when I decided to adopt this watch.
    No problem.

Wore it for its first bike ride yesterday. Tracked and mapped my route and announced each mile as it passed. Only did 10.8 miles.
    Don't want this to be about your age again (I'm still waiting on that lawsuit of yours ), but most 20-30 year-olds I know would say 10.8 miles is too much biking for them. You're my idol.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    05-19-17 03:19 AM
    I have a Samsung Gear S2 and it works fine apart from I don't have access to the Galaxy App Store to access any apps/watch faces for it.

I can sideload the store but it doesn't allow access to Samsungs servers by the look of it.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the future as I bought this watch while waiting for the KEYone to be released as the vibrate on my Galaxy S6 was rubbish and was constantly missing work related notifications.

Vibrate on the KEYone is better but I still miss some notifications if I am busy working and moving around.
    05-19-17 03:28 AM
    Vector
    ZeTime
    05-19-17 03:36 AM
    I have a Samsung Gear S2 and it works fine apart from I don't have access to the Galaxy App Store to access any apps/watch faces for it.

I can sideload the store but it doesn't allow access to Samsungs servers by the look of it.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the future as I bought this watch while waiting for the KEYone to be released as the vibrate on my Galaxy S6 was rubbish and was constantly missing work related notifications.

Vibrate on the KEYone is better but I still miss some notifications if I am busy working and moving around.
    Why wouldn't you have access to the Galaxy App Store? On non-Samsung phones it's not a separate app, it's within the Samsung Gear app which you can download on any Android phone.

Here are screenshots from my Priv:
    Keyone smart watch?-screenshot_20170519-112111.jpgKeyone smart watch?-screenshot_20170519-112119.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    05-19-17 04:24 AM
    I know you can access through the Gear app but if Samsung authentication servers don't recognise the KEYone you get this problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone smart watch?-screenshot_20170519-102842.jpg   Keyone smart watch?-screenshot_20170519-102850.jpg  
    05-19-17 04:32 AM
    I know you can access through the Gear app but if Samsung authentication servers don't recognise the KEYone you get this problem.
    Are your Samsung apps side-loaded and not from the Play Store? If that's the case, it might be that they're specific to Samsung phones and that's why you get that error.

If they are indeed from Play Store, you should report this to Samsung as it shouldn't be happening. I once reported a bug I had using S Health and they were quite quick to respond.
    05-19-17 04:41 AM
    They are installed from the Play Store. I only tried to sideload the Galaxy Apps store after the Gear app wasnt showing anything. Ive tried on 2 KEYone's and get the same problem on both.
    05-19-17 04:45 AM
    They are installed from the Play Store. I only tried to sideload the Galaxy Apps store after the Gear app wasnt showing anything. Ive tried on 2 KEYone's and get the same problem on both.
    One more dumb question... Do you have the Gear S Plugin and Samsung Accessory Service installed?

And it appears some people have the same problem with other phones....
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...us-6p-t3588323

Interesting... Sorry I assumed it was an error on your part.
    05-19-17 05:00 AM
    I have had the Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, original Pebble, LG G Watch, Moto 360, Pebble Time, Samsung S2 Classic, and finally the Samsung S3 Frontier

The S3 Frontier is by far the best of the bunch.

And while I have not tried a BlackBerry, I have paired the S2 with my S7 Edge, Moto Z Force Droid, and a LG V20.

My S3 Frontier has been paired with the LG V20 and now my S8+.

There shouldn't be any reason for it not to work with the KEYone
    05-19-17 05:06 AM
    Yeh gear S plugin and Samsung accessory service get installed automatically when you install the Gear app otherwise it doesn't work.

No worries, in the tech world its always assume the person having the problem is an idi0t

Seems the crackberry forums censor idi0t. shame
    05-19-17 05:37 AM
    I've got both the Nixon Mission and Garmin Fenix 5 paired to my KEYone.

The Mission was my first ever smartwatch and I've loved having it. It's gotten much better since the Androidwear 2.0 OS update. The battery is decent enough and can stretch to 48 hours in certain cases but I find myself charging every night out of habit. It's a beefy watch and can definitely take a pounding.

I received my Fenix 5 the same day as my KEYone and as much as I loved the Mission, the Fenix has not left my wrist since it's unboxing! The OS feels much more watch like, it's rugged but not as bulky or heavy as the Mission and the battery life rocks (2 weeks). Plus, it has (what I think) is an e-ink screen so is easy to read in direct sunlight, something that was near impossible with the Mission. It doesn't have a touch screen though which I actually prefer because I was always accidentally swiping things on my Mission.

The only drawback is that the Bluetooth range isn't as wide as the Mission's. With the Mission I could leave my BB anywhere in my house and it would still be paired. With the Fenix, if I go to a different floor, it would occasionally lose the connection.

Overall, both watches work great with the KEYone.

I've also used the Mission along with a Ticwatch 2, Fitbit Blaze and Pebble Round with my DTEK60. No issues there either.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-19-17 06:17 AM
    From what I've seen/heard/read, most of them can't get more than a day of use out of their battery, they're more buggy and seem more like a Google's afterthought hastily scrapped together from the phone OS so they can say then have an OS for smarwatches. While Tizen on Samsungs really looks and feels like it was made for watches. Even the simple-yet-ingenious way of interacting with it with the rotating bezel is something no AW watch can match. If you have a keyboard on your phone, you must also have something as tactile as that to use on your watch instead of tapping and swiping on a miniscule touchscreen.

There are more apps available for AW, but I have yet to stumble upon something that I'd want to have on it that isn't in the Galaxy Apps Store and it's not like I really want to view my Instagram or Facebook feed on my watch (though, apparently, there's that too).

No problem.

Don't want this to be about your age again (I'm still waiting on that lawsuit of yours ), but most 20-30 year-olds I know would say 10.8 miles is too much biking for them. You're my idol.
    I do like the battery life. I've been tending to charge it when I hit the shower but I can get 3 days ordinarily. Daily charging would have driven me crazy or more likely I would have returned it.

Forget the law suit (my gray matter already has!!!!).

Well, I hope your health will allow adventures galore. Here's today's hike including the log created by the Gear S3 on the Priv :

Keyone smart watch?-img_20170519_0934091-panorama.jpg

Keyone smart watch?-screenshot_20170519-144052.jpg

Keyone smart watch?-img_20170519_1055366-.jpg

Keyone smart watch?-img_20170519_1021319-.jpg
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-19-17 04:48 PM
    I'm still rocking the Pebble Classic and it works perfectly with the KeyOne
    05-19-17 07:22 PM
52 123