Received the smart pocket today. Not a bad case though not a patch on the high quality pouches of old.

Major problem is that answering the phone when it's in the pouch is very difficult and rejecting or ending a call is impossible. Reported the problem to the retailer who is going to investigate to see if it's a widespread issue or just a faulty case.
    06-22-17 02:03 PM
    I've been looking to buy this case for my K1. Does it offer any light bump protection? Also, where did you buy it from?
    06-22-17 07:30 PM
    Bought it from clove uk.

The protection it offers is superb in my opinion due to the 'lip' that goes around the edges of the case. Probably the best protection of all the cases currently available. Also its a snug fit so should hold the screen in in the event u have a lemon keyone.

Makes this call answering and cancelling problem all the more disappointing.
    06-22-17 07:34 PM
    The biggest fear I have is that it's my actual phone that's the problem. Perhaps something not quite aligned correctly. If that's the case might just have to live with the problem. I'd say that even if it worked perfectly though, the answering and rejecting tabs in the cutout window are still too fiddly to use and could do with a redesign.
    06-22-17 07:38 PM
    The biggest fear I have is that it's my actual phone that's the problem. Perhaps something not quite aligned correctly. If that's the case might just have to live with the problem.
    The PRIV was glitchy like that with its flip case
    06-22-17 07:40 PM
    Amazing they go to market with these things. Being a bb loyalist is a bit of a heartbreaker at times.
    06-22-17 07:53 PM
    Retailer got back to me having run some tests. They had the same problem as me.

I'm heartened because it sounds like something they will be able to patch with an update.
    06-23-17 08:09 AM
    I'm glad the issue is not your phone. Thanks for posting this. I guess we will have to wait for the fix. I always buy a pocket pouch with every BlackBerry phone.
    Narke likes this.
    06-23-17 08:31 AM
    Something interesting is I can now swipe to reject a call but I have to use my pinky finger. Very odd.

They definitely need to redesign the answering system.
    06-30-17 04:46 AM
    I find it a good case if slightly difficult to remove the device from as it is so snug. The call answering system just needs to be changed to the 'standard' Android one where you move the icon from the centre to the left to reject and to the right to accept (at the moment you have to scroll in from the left to reject and scroll in from the right to answer; hence the little finger issue).
    06-30-17 08:33 AM
    Now I have my classic in a hand with it's original pouch and just released that TCL never will not keep up BB quality, sad that they charge even mo for pouches when they are so far away to be at least a bit similar to BB pouches. k1's pouches have no: soft linen, attention to details lacks especially on stitches, BB nickel logo. BB did everything properly for all details by thinking about smallest thing in the details and practicality. TLC saves money as much as they can to make more similar to blackberry and keeping price over sense. BB didn't save on things like that and that you could feel instantly. K1's case leather feels great, but that leather is doggy one just looks luxury for a very short time, it is very cheap one easiest leather to work with and not practical leather at all. Shame on you TCL!!!!!! make BB not alcatels!
    01-04-18 07:16 PM
    I've had my Smart Pocket for my KEYone Black for a couple of weeks now.

Initially it was a very snug fit, but it soon loosened up to the point where the phone would just slip out of the case, such that if picked up upside down, the phone would just drop to the floor!! I overcame this with an old plastic card (credit / membership etc.)

Fold over a short edge by about 1/2" ( 12mm) and crush along the fold in a vice, or with a pair of pliers (or use your teeth) This makes it a spring. Insert the folded card, into the card / ticket pocket at the back of the Smart Pocket, folded edge to the inside, and push fully in. This will now put spring pressure inside the Smart Pocket and the phone will not slip out, but is easy to remove in the normal manner, or with a shake.

As for protection when dropped, it does that everywhere except the top corners, I know this because I've dropped mine on its top right hand corner and the concrete damaged it. A bit of fine filing smoothed out the marks, but it now has a bright corner Black permanent marker wears off very quickly, so will have to paint it next time I have some black paint to hand. I'm sure I have some somewhere!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-18 05:10 PM
    I've had my Smart Pocket for my KEYone Black for a couple of weeks now.

Initially it was a very snug fit, but it soon loosened up to the point where the phone would just slip out of the case, such that if picked up upside down, the phone would just drop to the floor!! I overcame this with an old plastic card (credit / membership etc.)

Fold over a short edge by about 1/2" ( 12mm) and crush along the fold in a vice, or with a pair of pliers (or use your teeth) This makes it a spring. Insert the folded card, into the card / ticket pocket at the back of the Smart Pocket, folded edge to the inside, and push fully in. This will now put spring pressure inside the Smart Pocket and the phone will not slip out, but is easy to remove in the normal manner, or with a shake.

As for protection when dropped, it does that everywhere except the top corners, I know this because I've dropped mine on its top right hand corner and the concrete damaged it. A bit of fine filing smoothed out the marks, but it now has a bright corner Black permanent marker wears off very quickly, so will have to paint it next time I have some black paint to hand. I'm sure I have some somewhere!
    Ingenuity. I like it.
    05-12-18 06:17 PM