Ok, so, I damaged my BE case a while back and decided to replace it with a silver unit, with the main board from my BE. Disassembly went fine on both phones and I successfully created a Franken-Keyone. It powered up ok, but keyboard wasn't responsive, nor did it light up. Are these units not the same other than the RAM and storage gigs? I really expected that to work, so that I could have a unique BE guts in the lower end silver case. Anyone know why this wouldn't have worked?
    08-29-19 09:07 PM
    bump...
    08-31-19 02:41 PM
    Can't help you...but I find it strange that it wouldn't have worked. I suppose it's possible that some of the components were bad. Keeping an eye on this to see if more knowledgeable folks respond.
    08-31-19 02:57 PM
    I don't think any components were bad because the BE unit was fully operation, only cosmetic damage to the housing. I removed the main board and installed it into my brand new Silver unit (3G RAM, 32G memory) and after powering on, the keyboard was not recognized nor did it light up. I then replaced the original board back and the keyboard was fine...works perfectly. I'm perplexed...
    08-31-19 11:28 PM
    All I know is that the keyboards themselves are identical from SE to BE, aside from fret color of course.

I put in a SE keyboard in a BE KEYone a few months back and it worked perfect and had a unique look
    09-01-19 12:26 AM
    Dear the_boon
    Is your phone BBB-7? Even black phone may be BBB-1(single sim), it is not black edition. (Black edition is dual sim type)
    How about?
    09-03-19 10:58 AM