Is it worth it to get a keyone silver ( 63116 - 001 ) in 2019 ?
    08-18-19 05:19 PM
    Is it worth it to get a keyone silver ( 63116 - 001 ) in 2019 ?
    Sure, if the price is right...
    08-18-19 06:10 PM
    I would cap it at a hundred fifty bucks. Some people might go as high as 200. But I don't think that paying full price for this phone is useful. End-of-life and there are no further updates being done on the USA version. Other versions will soon be grandfathered as well. the operating system will no longer be brought up to date and is stuck on Android a wild key two devices are starting out with pie. Whether they go any further than Pi I don't know. Blackberry is not something that you will probably have an opportunity to carry for a long life on Earth. That's my humble opinion. It's been a long trip down hill …
    08-18-19 07:30 PM
    if the platform is android even Google devices also been excluded ( nexus 6p) for future updates, if you looking into regular os updates better go for iphone ( your choice).

but if you like to use the BlackBerry! just for it
    08-19-19 02:30 AM
    I have had the Keyone for about a year. I do notice a slow down every once in a while. Often I have to find the apps that hog space, delete them, restart and then download again otherwise it becomes very slow. Crackberry is one of the problem apps. Although I am not a Facebook user or Instagram User. I have heard these apps also slow the silver Keyone right down. Keyone is great for business if it does not involve social media.
    08-19-19 05:26 AM
    I have had the Keyone for about a year. I do notice a slow down every once in a while. Often I have to find the apps that hog space, delete them, restart and then download again otherwise it becomes very slow. Crackberry is one of the problem apps. Although I am not a Facebook user or Instagram User. I have heard these apps also slow the silver Keyone right down. Keyone is great for business if it does not involve social media.
    I don't think you have to go to extreme measures when your phone slows down. You could just do a hard reboot, hold power button and down volume for 31 seconds.
    08-19-19 05:30 AM
    Just clear the caches from your apps once a week or so, and reboot your device.
    08-19-19 07:03 AM
    Get a key2 LE. Not EOL, and is the best value blackberry currently available. Get one while you still can!! I have one and can recommend it.
    08-19-19 09:21 AM
    Just clear the caches from your apps once a week or so, and reboot your device.
    Such a pain. This is automated in Oreo, right? Or is it just the system cache?
    08-19-19 10:36 AM
    Oreo does a better job handling the caches overall, but I still flush them all manually every week or two.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-19-19 10:47 AM
    Hoping for a fix for my Classic at the moment, as I'm currently without anything. Keyone is only option through current carrier and doesn't sound too promising according to what I'm reading here? Thoughts on Key2?
    08-19-19 06:26 PM
    Hoping for a fix for my Classic at the moment, as I'm currently without anything. Keyone is only option through current carrier and doesn't sound too promising according to what I'm reading here? Thoughts on Key2?
    Carrier?
    08-19-19 06:59 PM
    I love my silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ and have since it's release. besides a bargain on price you get none of the shortcuts of an LE (smaller battery, non-capacitive pkb, etc) and even some improvements tbh (camera, design (tho I admit this is entirely subjective), etc). Now yes it's a device at EOL but unless you're completely new to android this shouldn't be a dealbreaker especially since they run identical software (Oreo just like on a Key2/LE) and I'm typing this out on my Priv that's still on 6.1 marshmallow lol
    Marcieln likes this.
    08-19-19 08:22 PM
    Oreo does a better job handling the caches overall, but I still flush them all manually every week or two.
    Can this be done in a single "one stop shop" or do I need to visit each and every app to clear?
    08-19-19 08:31 PM
    Can this be done in a single "one stop shop" or do I need to visit each and every app to clear?
    One at a time. Although you get to know the 4 or 5 primary culprits.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-19-19 08:44 PM
    One at a time. Although you get to know the 4 or 5 primary culprits.
    I also enjoy the power center telling me my memory is low. Killing Chrome always frees more than enough.
    08-19-19 08:46 PM
    Download SD Maid Pro for less than 4 dollars from Google Play Store. Works very good.
    08-19-19 09:07 PM
    Carrier?
    ATT?
    08-19-19 09:46 PM
    Download SD Maid Pro for less than 4 dollars from Google Play Store. Works very good.
    What do you get with the paid version?
    08-19-19 10:03 PM
    I also enjoy the power center telling me my memory is low. Killing Chrome always frees more than enough.
    I disable Chrome on ALL my Android devices. Give the Samsung Browser a try. Based on Chromium but not nearly as resource hungry.
    08-19-19 10:40 PM
    Doesn't clear the app caches though.
    08-19-19 10:45 PM
    I just ordered a Silver Edition Keyone from staples.ca for CDN$229.

It's the perfect fit for me right now at a price I'm prepared to risk.

I had been waiting for the future of this phone line to clear up a bit before replacing my Classic. But I couldn't stand the antique browser any more.

Decided to quit stalling and get a Key 2. No CDN source of unlocked units. No source at all but the carriers, hence 64GB single-SIM only. In a fuggit moment I signed a contract on one, but got cold feet and returned it after a few days.

Instead I went to Staples' site intending to buy a cheap unlocked Android slab - just something bare bones, with a functional browser, to tide me over while the dust settles. The Silver Edition was totally unexpected.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ElectroSpud; 08-20-19 at 05:51 AM.
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-19-19 11:24 PM
    Doesn't clear the app caches though.
    Appears to be doing so on my Amazon Fire HD 8 (6th gen) under the app cleaner portion when it's ran. This 6th gen tablet is using the 5.1.1 Android OS backbone for the Fire OS forked version. Does the app function vary in higher OS variants?
    08-20-19 12:19 AM
    What do you get with the paid version?
    https://github.com/d4rken/sdmaid-pub...vs-pro-version
    08-20-19 12:33 AM
    Carrier?
    I own the AT&T 3/32 KEYone and the BE 4/64 KEYone and use both of them as we speak. Neither has WFC and both have VoLTE on the AT&T network since I’m using the AT&T KEYone provisioned SIM in the BE KEYone as necessary.

I paid $499 right after introduction for. AT&T version and it’s still getting security updates. I paid $249 around beginning of this year for BE version and it received updates through April of this year. I personally never pay full price for any device without carrier support. That means no Key2 or Key2 LE for me. Six months ago, I purchased two iPhone XR on AT&T BOGO special for $750 so I’ve spent the same amount on all hardware. I’d buy another BE KEYone at $249 or less. The AT&T KEYone is too much now unless price is $299 or less but you’re getting carrier support..
    08-20-19 01:13 AM
43 12