Is it just me or do the keys look shiny? Looks like cheap plastic when compared to matte buttons on the classic, Q10. Some pictures make the keys look glossy, others make them look matte. Idk, what do you guys think?

Not to say I don't like the phone, it looks great, I just feel matte keyboard buttons would look better with that nice brushed metal on the sides.
    04-18-17 09:34 PM
    I don't like shiny keyboard too. I thought I was only one!
    04-18-17 09:36 PM
    All pre-production models I believe. Not sure if any pics have posted of a real production model yet. I'm guessing CB Kevin will be first to post a pic of a real production model when he can get his hands on one.

I hope I am correct. A matte pkb and chin would look better.
    04-18-17 09:47 PM
    The pictures make them seem shinier than they are in real life, at least on the test unit I saw.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-17 09:52 PM
    The pictures make them seem shinier than they are in real life, at least on the test unit I saw.
    That's what I thought. Gotta be the flash and intense lighting production requires.
    04-18-17 10:06 PM
    Glass keys, painted underneath, so no wear...
    04-18-17 10:12 PM
    This
    04-18-17 11:26 PM
    I have never worn the letters off one of my BlackBerry keyboards. Maybe I'm just not working hard enough.
    PALoeza, FF22 and ollyberry like this.
    04-19-17 12:01 AM
    I know this was the reason for it, but I still think it was unnecessary. I've been using my Passport heavily for the last couple of years now, and I don't have one bit of wear on it. The rest of the phone is a little worse for wear, but the keyboard still looks brand new.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 12:17 AM
    It looks far better because it matches the display glass. Also it feels better to swipe on the keyboard when it feels like glass. 😉
    04-19-17 12:40 AM
    "It hasn't happened to me so it can never happen."

Ok.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-19-17 01:41 PM
    I hope they are not shiny, they will look really cheap and ugly.
    04-19-17 01:46 PM
    Made out of glass? Noooo! Will it break the keyboard if I drop it?
    04-19-17 02:20 PM
    I know this was the reason for it, but I still think it was unnecessary. I've been using my Passport heavily for the last couple of years now, and I don't have one bit of wear on it. The rest of the phone is a little worse for wear, but the keyboard still looks brand new.

Posted via CB10
    I used my passport for just a year and the keyboard was already wearing out.

What happens is that they have this smooth, discoloured look which has a slightly shiny sheen to it. I could always tell a worn out keyboard from new but this doesn't mean that they paint has come off or anything like that.

The porsche designed Blackberry had glass keys and they were beautiful.
    04-19-17 02:54 PM
    This could be a plus. I believe on my old Bold 9000 & 9900 the letters started slightly coming off. When I noticed that I had keep an eye on my thumbnails. When they get a little too long I will start to type with them, lol. Haven't had this issue on the Classic tho....but the little tick on the "D" key has light coming out of it when the keyboard is lit, lol.

**Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    04-19-17 06:33 PM
    I have never worn the letters off one of my BlackBerry keyboards. Maybe I'm just not working hard enough.
    You definitely haven't worked hard enough using your BlackBerry if you haven't worn the letters off, lol. I did that on my old Bold 9000; the right side of the keyboard had the keys being worn down, lol.
    04-19-17 07:25 PM
    I had the chance to try the K1 some minutes during MWC days and the keyboard finish was the only thing I didn't like. As someone said the bright transparent finish make it look cheap and breaks in some way the elegant look of the phone. But I don't believe that detail is important cause the keyboard looks sturdy enough.
    04-20-17 12:22 AM
    The matte keyboards get shiny and look worn out pretty quickly, I've always hated that.
    I think the clear keyboard is going to look better in real life than in pictures. The p9983 had those kinds of keys and it's a very nice looking phone
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    04-20-17 12:29 AM
    Me too! Never fade any letter on any BlackBerry
    04-20-17 05:08 AM
    I had the chance to try the K1 some minutes during MWC days and the keyboard finish was the only thing I didn't like. As someone said the bright transparent finish make it look cheap and breaks in some way the elegant look of the phone. But I don't believe that detail is important cause the keyboard looks sturdy enough.
    Funny how people say it "looks cheap" yet no cheap phones would ever have a keyboard like that. The only other phone I could think of that went that way was a porsche design phone. What a cheapy phone that was...

ollyberry likes this.
    04-20-17 08:26 AM
    I think shiny looks better, but let's hope they don't wear off

Posted via CB10
    ollyberry likes this.
    04-20-17 08:34 AM
    I think shiny looks better, but let's hope they don't wear off

Posted via CB10
    Unless you're planning on typing from behind the keys I doubt they ever will...

04-20-17 08:49 AM
    I think the "glass painted from the bottom" was a joke!!!! No?????
    04-20-17 09:46 AM
    Funny how people say it "looks cheap" yet no cheap phones would ever have a keyboard like that. The only other phone I could think of that went that way was a porsche design phone. What a cheapy phone that was...

What I mean is that it looks like the keyboard of one of those Chinese toy phones you buy for your children to play ;-)
    04-20-17 09:53 AM
    What I mean is that it looks like the keyboard of one of those Chinese toy phones you buy for your children to play ;-)
    LOL it definitely doesn't

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 10:54 AM
33 12