I think the keyone has one more year of security patches (something I don't even think about with my Classic or any BB device in the past), but aside from browsing the Calgary Sun (Rick Bell's opinion piece, the Flames and a few hobby websites) how necessary are security patches? I don't visit potential problem websites whatsoever. I'm targeting a new Keyone but I'd like to hold onto it for 2yrs, the avg length of time I hold onto a phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 04:47 PM
    qualpwn
    08-27-19 05:18 PM
    I think the keyone has one more year of security patches (something I don't even think about with my Classic or any BB device in the past), but aside from browsing the Calgary Sun (Rick Bell's opinion piece, the Flames and a few hobby websites) how necessary are security patches? I don't visit potential problem websites whatsoever. I'm targeting a new Keyone but I'd like to hold onto it for 2yrs, the avg length of time I hold onto a phone.

Posted via CB10
    It appears the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is done receiving patches, unless they are moving to quarterly patches (in which case they missed one already).

BlackBerry Android has some added built-in resiliency against exploits, but the best solution is to keep your apps updated, use the Play Store only, and be smart.
    C_McD and owenpye like this.
    08-27-19 05:29 PM
    It appears the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is done receiving patches, unless they are moving to quarterly patches (in which case they missed one already).
    I'm ok with that, but do I really need to care given my type of usage (light at best wrt to surfing the web).

I'm assuming Qualpwn has already been patched.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 05:33 PM
    I'm ok with that, but do I really need to care given my type of usage (light at best wrt to surfing the web).

I'm assuming Qualpwn has already been patched.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately not. That came out with the August patch. KEYᵒⁿᵉ stopped at April, or June depending on the model.
    08-27-19 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately not. That came out with the August patch. KEYᵒⁿᵉ stopped at April, or June depending on the model.
    Ok so just a couple of things, I thought the keyone was due due 2 letters upgrades (N-7, O-8) and three years of patches?

Obviously you're still using your keyone as a daily driver and don't appear to be too concerned, what's good for you should work out for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 06:30 PM
    Ok so just a couple of things, I thought the keyone was due due 2 letters upgrades (N-7, O-8) and three years of patches?

Obviously you're still using your keyone as a daily driver and don't appear to be too concerned, what's good for you should work out for me.

Posted via CB10
    They promised 1 letter upgrade and 24 months of patches.

The confusion appeared when they also became a member of the Android Enterprise Recommended program which requires 36 months of patches - although BBMo seemed to ignore that aspect.
    08-27-19 07:08 PM
    Not in my case as I said in another thread. Stuck on the March 5th patch. UK bought Key1 Black here in Spain. Seems a bit early, right?
    08-28-19 02:52 AM
    Not in my case as I said in another thread. Stuck on the March 5th patch. UK bought Key1 Black here in Spain. Seems a bit early, right?
    What's your PRD-Number?
    08-28-19 03:44 AM
    Then just run the June autoloader.
    08-28-19 03:59 AM
    June Auto loader worked get for me. Have an unlocked KEYone Black Edition in Upstate New York. I had stopped on an April patch until that June patch was released as a manual update possibility. Was easy to install it. Conite has excellent instructions in one of the June patch threads in the KEYone discussion.
    08-28-19 06:37 AM