Just got my KEYone. Feels really good to have a keyboard again. But - the screen seems really washed out compared to my Google Pixel and the other phone in the house, a OnePlus 3T.

Is there a fix? Or is mine weird? Or is that just how this phone is?
    06-24-17 09:18 PM
    It's a different display technology and a lower resolution. Probably normal
    06-24-17 09:31 PM
    Compared to my Dtek60, my K1 screen looks like crud, so I stopped comparing them.
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-24-17 09:58 PM
    If the K1 had an amoled screen.....perfection.
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-24-17 09:59 PM
    It's a cutting edge removable screen, like the moto mods. Just upgrade and snap on AMOLED, LOL.
    moocan likes this.
    06-24-17 11:00 PM
    It's a cutting edge removable screen, like the moto mods. Just upgrade and snap on AMOLED, LOL.
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 11:10 PM
    Just got my KEYone. Feels really good to have a keyboard again. But - the screen seems really washed out compared to my Google Pixel and the other phone in the house, a OnePlus 3T.

I recommend you compare it at the store.

Lots of mixed reports about this.

Some people say that the screen is just bright and crisp, obviously not as good as Samsung but they don't say it looks washed out.

I'd try and compare to another Keyone. Or you could keep it knowing full well it's been a hit or miss re: duds
    06-24-17 11:55 PM
    Oh dear! Looks like I've been ripped off. My screen isn't removable. Solid as a rock after two months and an accidental drop into a hard floor. Sorry to disappointment anyone.
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 03:31 AM
    AMOLED screens tend to be over-saturated. A lot of people don't mind the colors as they look more vibrant, but I much prefer colors on my KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    06-25-17 04:51 AM
  10. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    If the K1 had an amoled screen.....perfection.
    use Priv if you want to get amoled.
    06-25-17 06:07 AM
    AMOLED screens tend to be over-saturated. A lot of people don't mind the colors as they look more vibrant, but I much prefer colors on my KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    Except that the 3T uses a 1080p LCD too lolll

Only Samsung has over saturated amoleds from what I can tell and they have 4 different display options for you to change that. You can set it to natural if you wish. Store demos have it set to the highest setting "adaptive".
    06-25-17 08:12 AM
    The 3T uses an AMOLED display; not LCD. Also, while Samsung phones do have settings to reduce vibrancy, I'm sure a lot of people just leave it on default settings.
    06-25-17 11:39 AM

You have same problem as this guy?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1112202
    06-25-17 12:52 PM
    I have the Verizon version and also the Pixel and S8+. I am very pleased with the display for LCD and only HD. I also owned the DTek60 and believe my KEYone to be brighter.
    My main concern before buying mine was the reviews talking about the terrible display but after receiving mine I won't be returning. it is certainly not the best display on a phone but I find it just as bright as my iPhone 7plus. I will recommend this phone to others even if they are used to iphone or Samsung displays.
    06-25-17 07:16 PM

Don't compare with them. Use Samsung S8 and you'll think OnePlus or iPhone is washed out. It's all about overall offering. The battery and keyboard are incomparable to anything.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-25-17 08:13 PM
    There is a wide variation in the screens if the last 10 or so I've seen is any indication.
    06-26-17 01:25 AM
    I don't know what all the complaining is for. To me the K1 screen looks better than the Priv and no, I don't have an eye problem nor do I need to see a doctor.
    06-26-17 02:05 AM
    I love the AMOLED display of my Q10 and my Priv for the vivid colors and the dark blacks (especially at night), but I love even more being able to see my display in bright sunlight. It's all a trade-off, really. I suppose one needs to consider what is most important. For all the KeyOne has given me, I am willing to forgive the lack of AMOLED screen (for as much as this night owl likes it).
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-26-17 02:53 AM
    Maybe it's using screen from different vendor.
    06-26-17 04:56 AM