I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but my KEYone has suddenly started having a mind of its own.

When typing it sometimes starts to add random new words from the predictive text option, or deletes what I have just typed. Can write whole sentences on its own... then delete them, then the mouse kicks in.. goes crazy.

This can happen even if I don't have my hand anywhere near the keyboard.
    Similarly when looking at a list of messages the page on screen will jump up and down on its own.

It's as if it thinks I'm touching the keyboard when I am not.

Seems the touch sensitive keyboard has started to malfunction.
    Makes composing and sending message a nightmare!!!

Seems worse at night or in low light situations. Happens in various apps.

Anyone else started to see this degradation on early KEYone handsets?

I could turn the touch sensitivity off I guess, but would rather find a fix.

i bought my KEYone in April 2017, so its one of the first delivered.
    02-12-19 02:08 PM
    I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but my KEYone has suddenly started having a mind of its own.

When typing it sometimes starts to add random new words from the predictive text option, or deletes what I have just typed. Can write whole sentences on its own... then delete them, then the mouse kicks in.. goes crazy.

Similarly when looking at a list of messages the page on screen will jump up and down on its own.

Sounds like a static buildup.

Try grounding it and yourself, and then reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
    02-12-19 02:10 PM
    Many thanks! Will give that a try.
    I also keep it in the BB OEM rubber case so will try using it out of the case for a while as well.
    02-12-19 05:02 PM

Try grounding it and yourself, and then reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
    I also have the same problem sometimes but not that often..
    how to ground it?
    02-12-19 06:34 PM
    I also have the same problem sometimes but not that often..
    how to ground it?
    Probably a charger that works. Some have poor grounds, so you may wish to try another one.
    02-12-19 06:36 PM
    Probably a charger that works. Some have poor grounds, so you may wish to try another one.
    charger? but I have been using it since day one.. weird..
    02-13-19 10:27 PM

I can't remember having this happen with my KEYone which I frequently use right before or after my PRIV. But this sounds like what has happened with my PRIV. Static build up--first I have heard of that being what could cause the issue. Well, I often get static electric mini shocks when touching metal door knobs etc. whereas others in my household don't. So that could well be what causes it on my PRIV. There was another thread a while back on CB where someone had a similar problem and thought it was a weird bug. But the static electricity makes more sense.
    02-15-19 01:45 AM
    I'm having this same problem. did you ever find a solution? destination

a few weeks ago it did it occasionally (once every day or two) but lately it happens a lot through the day. very annoying!
    03-02-19 11:45 PM
    Mine was going it everyday here before the screen fell off

Posted via CB10
    03-03-19 09:40 AM
    did a new screen fix the problem?

I seems like the problem is in the keyboard somewhere. I'm not sure if it's a software glitch or something in/on the keyboard that makes it so glitchy
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    03-03-19 10:13 AM

Mine does the exact same thing. I bought mine in December '17 so I don't think it's an early or late model problem.

The problem seems to go away temporarily if I press power button to turn off the screen (just lock it, not power off) then try to wipe off the keyboard before I unlock it. Then usually it will go away for a short while.

I'm wondering if there's something in or on the keyboard triggering it to do all this nonsense. I've tried cleaning it as good as I can without much luck though. That only seems to help for a day at most. Usually a lot less before it happens again
    03-03-19 10:19 AM
    I made a thread about the same issue I'm having as well. I didn't get static discharge as a possible reason for why the keyboard is acting up. They mentioned it could dust/ small debris of some kind that can make it faulty.
    03-05-19 06:57 AM
    Yea, I saw your thread searching before I replied here. Did you have any luck clearing up the issue on your phone?
    03-05-19 07:59 AM
    Yeah. It's behaving right now. I had it on for a couple hours now. Will update later and let you know if anything changes. Fingers crossed
    03-05-19 10:17 AM
    What did you do to fix it?
    03-05-19 02:31 PM
    I didn't troubleshoot too much into it. What helped so far is I disabled keyboard gestures for awhile and restarted it a couple times. Now it's acting as it should. Will advise when acting up again. Sorry I wish I could be more helpful.
    03-05-19 02:38 PM
    Oh. I don't want to disable keyboard gestures as I use them quite a bit. Glad it fixed yours though!

As I typed this reply mine glitched and swipe erased a bunch of words.

I'm going to try to clean it really well. try to find a fine brush to scrub between the keys (toothbrush maybe?) and possibly a light blast with compressed air.
    Hopefully that will help!
    03-05-19 03:07 PM
    Guys, it's not a bug or glitch, it's a hidden feature
    03-05-19 03:22 PM
    Let us know if that seems to help. And I'm gonna try your possible solutions tomorrow
    03-05-19 10:56 PM
    I gave mine a good deep scrub with a fine bristle tooth brush (dry) trying to get between all the keys. I'll see how that goes tomorrow if it helped at all!
    03-06-19 12:14 AM
    Scrubbing the keyboard seemed to have helped a bit. Not completely fixed but nearly there. I'll have to try a bit more later
    03-07-19 12:13 AM
    Hello! Same problem here! I have my KeyOne since July 2017...(yes it was one of the first with the screen issues which was solved afterwards)
    Any solution on how to solve this "acting crazy?
    05-05-19 06:28 AM
    my keyone has the same issue since a while, phoned with the customer service, they suggested turning of gestures. system/languages&input/physical keyboard /physical keyboard gestures . Though now my screen freezes, let s see how it will go..
    07-15-20 06:02 AM
    I had the same issue and fixed it!

Mine was really bad. It was entirely unusable in every app and even the home screen. Typing random words, screen shaking, opening and closing apps randomly, ect. You guys are correct, it is a issue with the keyboard's touch sensors.

It's caused by grime buildup. The keys are not something you can get under by taking it apart, so here is what I did.

SOLUTION: Find yourself a toothbrush designed for young children or individuals with sensitive gums and scrub between the keys somewhat hard like you are brushing your teeth.

Make sure to wash the brush off and dry it every 10 seconds or so to prevent working the grime in deeper. Repeat as many times as needed and test the scrolling on individual rows of keys diagonal and horizontal to see which ones might need more attention.

As silly as it sounds, you should brush your keyone's "teeth" every now and then to prevent buildup.

I have never replaced the keyboard on mine and as bad as it got, I just used it's keyboard to type all of this out.
    08-27-23 11:17 PM
    my keyone has the same issue since a while, phoned with the customer service, they suggested turning of gestures. system/languages&input/physical keyboard /physical keyboard gestures . Though now my screen freezes, let s see how it will go..
    Customer Server talked to you? TCL or BlackBerry?

Compressed Air or a brush are options to try. But in the end these are mechanical keyboards that will wear out.

I remember in the good old days the company I worked for at the time, had spare keyboards and trackballs in stock for the different BlackBerry's in use at the time.
    08-28-23 10:48 AM
26 12