Thank you so much for sharing your experience with such details. I hope, you get your phone situation sorted immediately.
    09-07-17 03:35 PM
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience with such details. I hope, you get your phone situation sorted immediately.
    I already have an AT&T Space Black KeyONE in hand. I've given up on BlackBerry Mobile. It is really sad that I trust AT&T over them at this point! ha!
    09-07-17 03:50 PM
    I ended up with 3rd party. After contacting BlackBerry Mobile to get a quote, I was told about 300+Shiping+Labour (3h expected at $75). and a 2 week turnaround.

Local Store, I've done other repairs at gave me $380 including labour, and same day. Though ended up being the next day, because the original screen they got was not in perfect shape - I was given the option of Keep for 20% discount, and warranty would cover, or wait till next day.
    Last edited by asalari; 09-10-17 at 01:40 PM. Reason: corrections..
    09-08-17 07:09 AM
    I've received a replacement phone after having to reach out to BlackBerry Mobile again for an update. They said they were having trouble getting the replacement parts(though they hadn't informed me of this previously), so were going to send me an entirely new phone because of the trouble I'd had. I've filled out quite a few surveys at their request as well as a full documentation of the correspondence I've had, with detail regarding the issues.. Hopefully this improves customer service for someone in the future.
    09-16-17 03:29 PM
    I am assuming you were still out the $160. Can't believe they wanted to bill you another $451 plus tax (almost the price of a new device!). Did you ever find out what that was all about? Anyway, glad to see a resolution to what was undoubtedly a frustrating situation.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 03:50 PM
    Sorry to hear this, totally depressing, however not a surprise. Hopefully they come to their senses and refund anything they charged you for,
    09-16-17 04:09 PM
    I am assuming you were still out the $160. Can't believe they wanted to bill you another $451 plus tax (almost the price of a new device!). Did you ever find out what that was all about? Anyway, glad to see a resolution to what was undoubtedly a frustrating situation.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, definitely still out the $160. They never sent anything back after my response that I'd already paid a $160 invoice from the repair shop. I believe the individual who sent the e-mail for the $451 approval just wasn't paying attention and didn't proof-read the message before it was sent. Thanks!
    09-16-17 04:43 PM
    One advantage to using a more popular smartphone is that if you break the screen, you can usually walk into any of a number of retail outlets 7 days a week and get it repaired, while you wait, for about $120 and put it behind you. I did it while I was on vacation and it's as if it never happened.
    09-16-17 05:00 PM
    One advantage to using a more popular smartphone is that if you break the screen, you can usually walk into any of a number of retail outlets 7 days a week and get it repaired, while you wait, for about $120 and put it behind you. I did it while I was on vacation and it's as if it never happened.
    And something similar may happen to me for a screen lift...avoid the frustration of a possible refurb warranty replacement or my $150 insurance deductible.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 11:57 PM
    Hello,

Just imagine my situation as I bought the phone from Saudi Arabia where I live but shattered the screen while on trip to london. Went to carphone warehouse and selfridges but to no avail as none of them had any replacement parts and couldnt confirm of any incoming as well. Now i went to the retailer from where i bought the BB here in SA and they dissapointed me as well with no repair or new screen available.

Reading through the above experiences i have just give up on any hope for my phone to be repaired. maybe will go for another one or another brand all together.KEYone Screen Shattered... BB Mobile Repair Experience Thus Far-whatsapp-image-2017-09-19-1.53.39-pm.jpeg
    09-19-17 05:56 AM
    Very disappointing by the poor level of customer support. Accidents like these do happen and even if they are not covered by warranty, every company should provide a reliable, paid repair service for their products. A service which is as hassle free as possible as well as at least somewhat fast on return times.
    I experienced disappointing things with the original BlackBerry service, who at least cared about the warranty covered problems (though handled through my dealer completely), yet they had return times of 4-6 weeks. Too long if you ask me.

When I read stories like these I am getting worried about chosing BlackBerry Mobile again and become kind of jealous of my mostly Apple using friends: They simply get hassle free repair and warranty services within a pretty fast timeframe.
    09-19-17 06:36 AM
    Hello,

Just imagine my situation as I bought the phone from Saudi Arabia where I live but shattered the screen while on trip to london. Went to carphone warehouse and selfridges but to no avail as none of them had any replacement parts and couldnt confirm of any incoming as well. Now i went to the retailer from where i bought the BB here in SA and they dissapointed me as well with no repair or new screen available.

Reading through the above experiences i have just give up on any hope for my phone to be repaired. maybe will go for another one or another brand all together.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2017-09-19 at 1.53.39 PM.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	429951
    I was actually under the impression that Gorilla Glass 4 would make a difference. Such a worthless feature to be included if it doesn't help.
    09-19-17 06:51 AM

Posted via CB10

I was pleasantly surprised by a call from TCL this morning. They are refunding the $160 repair charge for the trouble I experienced.
    The sentiment is much appreciated, and I hope the experience endured improves customer service for those in the future.
    09-26-17 10:19 AM
    I was pleasantly surprised by a call from TCL this morning. They are refunding the $160 repair charge for the trouble I experienced.
    The sentiment is much appreciated, and I hope the experience endured improves customer service for those in the future.
    I think TCL saw your comments on this thread. lol
    09-26-17 10:51 AM
    That's both awesome and surprising to hear (read)!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 10:36 PM
    That is some horrible customer service from Blackberry's part. Anything over 200 for this LCD panel is not fair. The screen would cost BB around 50 and it takes about an hour to replace. The 160 they charged you isn't bad but the communication part from BB definitely is. I've just been browsing through this forum cuz i ordered my keyone today.
    I'm a repair tech so i won't have to deal with BB if my screen ever cracks. If anyone of you need your phone fixed and can't find a shop you can contact me.

Edit: Logging all communication paid off i guess lol they refunded the 160
    09-28-17 07:24 PM
41 12