So I was one of the guys that got the KEYᵒⁿᵉ hot off the market "which isn't always a good thing". The phone is beautiful in itself until my screen popped out. I head BlackBerry was taking care of the issue with free replacements. Keep in mind this is my 2nd KEYᵒⁿᵉ the first had issues with the touch keyboard. BlackBerry Android is not like a regular android, it takes time setting up any BlackBerry to the users liking example shortcuts...... I got off the phone with customer service and was told I will be getting a refurbished replacement.....So now I'm hesitant to send this phone to BlackBerry because they will be sending me a refurbished model back meaning the phone could have bigger issues say charging or keyboard issues . Do they ever send out our same KEYᵒⁿᵉ? Is it always just exchanged? I would personally just like some adhesive to fix my screen. Is that possible? Has anyone ever got the KEYᵒⁿᵉ fixed and not switched out?

So let me get this straight we buy a phone at new phone cost, then it has a Manufacturer defect, we send it back and we receive a refurbished model ? And If we don't send the old phone back we get changed FULL retail price. Is this real? I think its time to move on. I have been on this berry train since 2006 and I will be looking at MWC for a new phone and might pass on the motion
    02-12-18 08:27 PM
    AFAIK, what options you get depend on where you are. Seems in Canada they'll fix it and return but elesewhere it varies. But alas, just going off memory here, never had to go through the process myself.
    02-12-18 09:28 PM
    AFAIK, what options you get depend on where you are. Seems in Canada they'll fix it and return but elesewhere it varies. But alas, just going off memory here, never had to go through the process myself.
    In Canada for me they just shipped me a NA unlocked one when my Rogers one lifted. That was very early on in the keyone's life however. Maybe he could try to be persistent for a new device?
    02-13-18 06:37 AM
    I have never heard of a phone manufacturer sending out anything but refurbished unites.
    BBRYQ10 and elfabio80 like this.
    02-13-18 02:47 PM
    In past BB devices that I have sent back, after the first 10-15 days after opening the box or some other sort time period, they only give you back refurbished.
    02-14-18 02:40 AM
    I bought my KeyOne as a refurb from Amazon. the SIM tray had a big ugly dent in it, too. When my screen fell out, BBMobile sent me a new one. It's awesome. I guess I lucked out (or, perhaps it has something to do with it being a Verizon-compatible model? Hard to be sure, but there was a major CDMA availability shortage at the time for anyone trying to buy one new).

There is a chance this thing is a refurb and I can't tell the difference, but I am pretty sure I got a new one. Good luck!
    02-14-18 04:34 AM
    It's actually industry standard practice for warranty replacements to be refurbished devices, their "justification" is that since you used your device they can't give you a brand new one as a replacement.

I mean consider yourself lucky you're not this guy, who paid for an out-of-pocket repair (not warranty) on a Black 64GB, and only to get send two refurbished 32GB devices..
    02-14-18 09:15 AM
    It's actually industry standard practice for warranty replacements to be refurbished devices, their "justification" is that since you used your device they can't give you a brand new one as a replacement.

I mean consider yourself lucky you're not this guy, who paid for an out-of-pocket repair (not warranty) on a Black 64GB, and only to get send two refurbished 32GB devices..
    Well, to be fair if he was able to keep both I would think that was a fair trade
    02-14-18 11:34 AM
    Well, to be fair if he was able to keep both I would think that was a fair trade
    I'm sure he can, just that he would be charged for it on his credit card, lol.
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    02-14-18 02:03 PM