My screen on the BlackBerry KEYone popped off tonight and the ribbon ripped. Any way to connect the device and pull off my photos etc? I downloaded the BlackBerry Software and Android File Transfer and I cannot get in at all. Says my device is locked. The phone is full on battery and I am able to unlock it with fingerprint scanner but that is about it. It connects to my mac and windows laptop but can't get in. Any ideas?
    07-20-18 01:52 AM
    I think you're stuck. When it happened to me, I couldn't even turn the phone off. I packaged it up, turned on, and sent it on its way. No other choice.

Android systems prepare well for this eventuality, but you have to plan for it up front. Your app data should back up to your Google account; this is so when you get a new phone or restore an old phone, and re-download the apps from the Play store, your associated data will restore with the apps.

Photos, you should be putting them on an SD card and/or having them upload to your Google Photos (or Amazon account, or OneDrive, or...pick one). That's one reason I won't have a phone without an SD card. I also put all my music and podcasts there. Switching phones is as simple as moving the SIM card and downloading the apps again.
    07-20-18 05:14 AM
    That sucks but here's the benefit of a physical keyboard in this situation, your phone probably requires the master password rather than your finger print, try typing in your password blind, may take a couple tries but it's very possible. This should let you connect into device storage via USB, if not then you are probably out of luck.

Last resort, have another KEYᵒⁿᵉ or KEY² next to you and try to walk it through blind with just a keyboard, would require some work but might be possible without touch, haven't tried.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-20-18 05:32 AM