Well the issue that so many others are experiencing just happened to me last night. The bottom of my screen began to lift. I have it in a Vinve Soft Tpu Case so the screen has not come completely off and I am still able to use the phone ever so carefully. The build of my phone is AAL964.

Since the purchase is outside the 30 day window Amazon would not allow me to do a exchange thru the website. So I contacted Blackberry Mobile support last night and initiated a support ticket. They advised me that a agent would have to contact me on Monday to take my CC # to initiate a exchange on the device.

Of course I did not like this delay so I contacted Amazon by phone this morning. After a brief chat and mentioning that the manufacturer was going to honor the warranty they agreed to initially offer a exchange. After realizing they did not have any stock for a exchange they are now issuing me a full refund and I am welcome to repurchase elsewhere. Gotta love Amazon
    FF22 and Hopie1kanobie like this.
    07-16-17 12:06 PM
    I received my device build number AAL964 on June 27 from Best Buy. Is it part of the defective batch?

What happens if my screen lifts in 5 months? Can I replace it then or beyond?
    07-16-17 12:23 PM
    Gotta love Amazon
    Yep, they would not be where they are today without the excellent customer service. Sorry to hear about the screen lift. No doubt those first batch devices have a universal problem. I am sure that that has been fixed by now though.
    07-16-17 12:23 PM
    No doubt those first batch devices have a universal problem. I am sure that that has been fixed by now though.
    Its possible that it is a universal problem, but also the opposite, i.e. that only a small part of all the sold units has the problem, being it not enough glue or wrong glue.

I'd bet for the "small part" possibility, because we would have seen lot more screen pop-out reports, if the issue was affecting all the K1s.
    Only my opinion of course.
    07-16-17 01:38 PM
    Its possible that it is a universal problem, but also the opposite, i.e. that only a small part of all the sold units has the problem, being it not enough glue or wrong glue.

I'd bet for the "small part" possibility, because we would have seen lot more screen pop-out reports, if the issue was affecting all the K1s.
    Only my opinion of course.
    It's been reported ad nauseam in here. Reports are popping up every single day. Since they all came from the same place I'd bet that eventually it will happen to all of them, including mine.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-16-17 07:43 PM
    I had the screen separation issue arise last Thursday on my KEYone which I received in California on June 8th from BestBuy. I called BBMo on Friday morning. They're sending me a replacement KEYone by mid-week. So far, happy with the customer service from BBMo.
    07-16-17 08:02 PM
    Make sure you are within the one year warranty!
    07-16-17 08:11 PM
    I had the screen separation issue arise last Thursday on my KEYone which I received in California on June 8th from BestBuy. I called BBMo on Friday morning. They're sending me a replacement KEYone by mid-week. So far, happy with the customer service from BBMo.
    I did the same thing and got my new phone in 3 days. I didn't see a production date on this new unit or my original. When you get your new phone can you check for a production date? Thanks in advance.
    07-16-17 09:31 PM
    Make sure you are within the one year warranty!
    What does this even mean at this juncture? If you bought a KEYone through recognized means then everyone is still within warranty since it hasn't been a year yet. Next year that comment might make sense.
    vn425 likes this.
    07-16-17 10:37 PM
    my reply was in response to the guy who asked what then if after 8months the screen comes apart!?
    07-16-17 11:08 PM
    It's been reported ad nauseam in here. Reports are popping up every single day. Since they all came from the same place I'd bet that eventually it will happen to all of them, including mine.
    They all came from the same place (this forum) because this forum is the "natural" place where one can post his K1 screen lifting issue, I mean, its obvious that a person with this problem will likely post it here.

But the relevant thing is not only the number of daily reports here, is also the number of K1s still ok.

Maybe all the K1 screens of the first batch will eventually lift, who knows... but for it to be true, I think that the value of daily reports needs to be a lot greater than what we are seeing until now.

As a side note, in case of screen popping out after a drop:
    Its better to have the energy dissipated by separating elements, than i.e. glass shattering; and fixing the screen with adhesive tape is an easy job, so its doable simply going in a little repair shop, seen the problems with repair/substitution outside of USA.
    Sure, if the cable rips, big problem, but it seems to me that the majority of reported dropping->lifting issues is without the tore cable additional damage.
    07-17-17 04:03 AM
    They all came from the same place (this forum) because this forum is the "natural" place where one can post his K1 screen lifting issue, I mean, its obvious that a person with this problem will likely post it here.

But the relevant thing is not only the number of daily reports here, is also the number of K1s still ok.

Maybe all the K1 screens of the first batch will eventually lift, who knows... but for it to be true, I think that the value of daily reports needs to be a lot greater than what we are seeing until now.

Its better to have the energy dissipated by separating elements, than i.e. glass shattering; and fixing the screen with adhesive tape is an easy job, so its doable simply going in a little repair shop, seen the problems with repair/substitution outside of USA.
    Sure, if the cable rips, big problem, but it seems to me that the majority of reported dropping->lifting issues is without the tore cable additional damage.
    You're assuming that everyone who purchased a K1 and had their screen lift has reported it here, which isn't the case. You're also assuming that everyone here who's screen has lifted and is a member here has reported it, which I'd bet they haven't. There are many people in here who have defended this issue relentlessly and I'd wager that if it happened to them they wouldn't report it out of having egg on their face (again, just my opinion).

You're also assuming that they amount of K1's sold is so high that the issues are far less than those who aren't having issues. We don't know what sales are. All I can tell you that the issue was large enough to warrant a statement from TCL that they are fixing it.
    scott8629 and mister2d like this.
    07-17-17 04:07 AM
    You're assuming that everyone who purchased a K1 and had their screen lift has reported it here, which isn't the case. You're also assuming that everyone here who's screen has lifted and is a member here has reported it, which I'd bet they haven't. There are many people in here who have defended this issue relentlessly and I'd wager that if it happened to them they wouldn't report it out of having egg on their face (again, just my opinion).

You're also assuming that they amount of K1's sold is so high that the issues are far less than those who aren't having issues. We don't know what sales are. All I can tell you that the issue was large enough to warrant a statement from TCL that they are fixing it.
    I agree with you about the fact that there is not a precise equivalence between the screen lifted cases and the ones reported here, never said that.

And also I agree that its possible that someone here has his screen lifted and will not report it here because of the egg-on-face reason, but which number are we talking about? 10? 15?

About the sales number...
    I think that we all can agree on at least 7000 worldwide?

My point was only that, in my opinion, is highly unlikely that _all_ the first batch K1s screens will eventually lift
    because _all_ the first batch K1s do have the same defect.

But I also think that its not 100% impossible... and that the future will tell.
    07-17-17 05:16 AM
    It's been reported ad nauseam in here. Reports are popping up every single day.
    I see what you did there. 😎
    Nels likes this.
    07-17-17 05:34 AM
    I see what you did there. ������
    Finally!!
    07-17-17 07:39 AM
    Well that service doesn't appear to apply to us here in the UK.

It's a disgrace. Dual standard customer service shouldn't happen.
    07-17-17 12:00 PM

My screen fell out after 2 months. The ribbon has a tiny tear, rendering my KEYone useless.
    07-17-17 12:03 PM
    Wait this isn't the real cbk right lol

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 12:03 PM
    my name is Kevin and I am real.
    07-17-17 01:15 PM
    Well the issue that so many others are experiencing just happened to me last night. The bottom of my screen began to lift. I have it in a Vinve Soft Tpu Case so the screen has not come completely off and I am still able to use the phone ever so carefully. The build of my phone is AAL964.

Since the purchase is outside the 30 day window Amazon would not allow me to do a exchange thru the website. So I contacted Blackberry Mobile support last night and initiated a support ticket. They advised me that a agent would have to contact me on Monday to take my CC # to initiate a exchange on the device.

Of course I did not like this delay so I contacted Amazon by phone this morning. After a brief chat and mentioning that the manufacturer was going to honor the warranty they agreed to initially offer a exchange. After realizing they did not have any stock for a exchange they are now issuing me a full refund and I am welcome to repurchase elsewhere. Gotta love Amazon
    Yep, "Gotta love Amazon". It's a real shame that the same can't be said for Blackberry or TCL on this saga.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-17-17 01:42 PM

Good point as I was one of those people defending the KEYone, until my screen fell off after 2 months. Now I and many in the UK feeling let down (shafted) by how we're being treated by Blackberry and TCL. Plenty of other thread's on this saga here an CB.
    CBKevin likes this.
    07-17-17 01:47 PM
    Are you sure?

Cuz only CrackBerry users are reporting and not representative of all buyers!

Or was it that only CrackBerry users were buying this?

Depends on the argument I suppose! LOL.

JOKES! JUST JOKES! EVERYBODY STAY CALM!
    07-17-17 10:46 PM
    After checking constantly since Sunday 7/16 on both Amazon and Bestbuy I was finally able to place a order early this morning at 2:20am EST on Bestbuy.com . I elected for standard shipping by USPS with a estimated delivery by 7/25. I just now received a email from Best Buy that it has shipped from Kissimmee, FL and being that I live just a hour away in the Tampa area im thinking I just might receive the order tomorrow or 7/19 or 7/20 by sure.
    Once I receive this new phone I'll be returning this phone with the screen lift to Amazon and report the new build date here. Fingers crossed that this new phone wont have the same issues but just to be sure I purchased the 2 year Geek Squad Protection.Keyone screen lifting.  Delivered June 6th from Amazon Prime US-20170718_184458.jpg
    Last edited by CBKevin; 07-18-17 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    07-18-17 05:41 PM
    Geek Squad Protection is a waste of money. The fees will add up to more than the K1 will be priced in 2 years.
    07-19-17 08:04 AM
    Geek Squad Protection is a waste of money. The fees will add up to more than the K1 will be priced in 2 years.
    It's very similar to carriers like Verizon. ~$11/month.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 08:20 AM
44 12